Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

How annoyed are you by international breaks?

Internationals are just an interruption of the weekly league football all over Europe. It puts a lot of strain on the players (travelling, risk of injury etc.) and bores the tears out of most of us.

And at presently with the "Rona" its downright stupid to play international "friendlies" that mean nothing and for what no one really cares.

• Like 1

Over time I've become less 'annoyed' by them but I think that's just getting used to it. It's really a bit rubbish to have 3 months off football, for it to return, to be greeted by 4 games and then a break, and then another 4 games, then another break, and then another 4 games, then another break. All whilst there's micro-analysis of England hammering absolute dross they should hammer anyway, like Leicester playing in a qualifying group against Bristol City, Millwall, Hartlepool, Harrogate and Oadby Town. I suppose you'd perceive it very differently if you did the games.

This particular season it's been stupid though. The fact they've thrown in extra friendlies this season is up there with the stupidest arranging of fixtures I think I've ever seen, with the problems with travelling and the already very tight schedule. Don't let Klopp or Guardiola convince you we need a 2 week winter break over here when this actually happened this season.

• Like 1

I wish I could get back into it but I lost my passion for England a long time ago. 

I feel like it may have coincided with our return to the prem. Perhaps physiologically I can’t like players that are our competitors. 

Back in the day I really loved lampard, Gerard etc, cant see me suddenly loving Harry Kane. 

I don’t buy into the current England set up and for that reason my interest has dwindled significantly. For me, the international job and an international cap should be earned - it should be the pinnacle of a player/managers career. I don’t think it is anymore and I don’t think players are given a fair crack at it like it use to be. 

Club very much over country for me. Don’t get me wrong I’ll follow England in national tournaments and I’ll support them as much as the next but I’ve spent this week googling Leicester articles and praying for no injuries. I forgot the England game was on yesterday. My only regret not watching it was because of the three Leicester players representing Belgium. 

I also think a fully fit England side gets beaten by a fully fit Leicester side - I never thought I would ever think that. 

Cant stand it. I have been known to cheer when England concede due to the discrimination in selection. Shocking when Drinkwater got overlooked by Wilshire in 2016 and Albrighton and Simpson didn't get a sniff in the form of their life. Obviously now with Barnes and Maddison. 

Yeah I'm not a fan, certainly doesn't help that England can win their qualifying groups with the hands tied behind their backs these days. 

I miss the days we needed to get a result v Italy in Rome or when we hammered the Germans 5-1 in Munich. There is just no interest or drama going head to head v montenegro every year! 

Not fussed about them tbh. 

The breaking up of Europe enabled smaller nations to emerge with hopeless football teams that everyone has to play at some stage. 

This gives the bigger nations to blood some youngsters on the international stage, I suppose, but many games I wouldn't bother to go down to Wembley and pay the money to watch. 

Fair play to those that do and they thoroughly deserve their tickets to the tournaments when they come round. 

Normally I don't mind but this time it is ridiculous. Given the current climate it is plain stupid to mix players up in different bubbles when they have purely been in a club bubble. Adding to that the travelling etc... It is irresponsible. Also the fact the players have had hardly any pre-season with their clubs or much of a break from last season is definately contributing to the amount of injuries. Players welfare has not been a priority at all. From a Leicester perspective - players do get ignored and while I am glad Madders, Harvey etc have had a rest it does always run the risk players will leave to play for their country. Madders is clearly frustrated at not being picked. Also the internationals caused injuries to Evan's and Cags. Neither were looked after by their respective countries. I support England and always will but this has been so irresponsible. Rant over! 😄

• Like 2

The nations league was a decent idea but now its not taken seriously as all it gets you is euro qualification so I don't think teams take it seriously. International breaks should be cut to just qualifiers for euros and World Cup and give the players more rest in between or a less demanding schedule.