Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

How annoyed are you by international breaks?

On 17/11/2020 at 22:40, NaijaFox said:

Meanwhile, as this discussion is progressing, I am thoroughly enjoying watch Spain humiliate Germany 6-0 (even without LCFC involvement). :jawdrop:

I Warned my German friends, soon as I become a German citizen, their football fate,will go down hill...:yesyes:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

My love for international football is at an all time low unfortunately. Boring football, no passion, especially when Southgate loads the team with as many defenders and defensive midfielders as possible.

That said I seem to like watching Belgium for some unknown reason! 🇧🇪 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I didn’t think it warranted it’s own thread and I couldn’t find the LCFC internationals one.

Does anyone know who could potentially be affected by a ‘Red List Country’ in the upcoming international break? 

Funnily enough I usually hate this international break, but this one can’t come soon enough in terms of our recovery. 

• Like 2

Doubt Maddison will be called up for England which is good. Barnes definitely won't.

Wouldn't mind if Tielemans went off with a 'hamstring strain' against Utd in the 93rd minute which isn't actually anything, so that he doesn't get called up to the Belgium squad. Won't happen but one can dream for a rest for the lad lol 

I don't think players are affected by the red-list in terms of availability after the break anyway. They have to quarantine but are allowed to leave home for matches and training...

40 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I didn’t think it warranted it’s own thread and I couldn’t find the LCFC internationals one.

Does anyone know who could potentially be affected by a ‘Red List Country’ in the upcoming international break? 

Funnily enough I usually hate this international break, but this one can’t come soon enough in terms of our recovery. 

According to Football365, the only player possibly affected is Amartey and he's not played for Ghana for years.

It wouldn't be so bad if the England team didn't comprise of an overrated London-team youngsters XI. Plus Stirling. But no, Southgate's favourites it is. When I watch that it makes me think the breaks aren't worth it.

Edited by Wizerud
un-autocorrecting the word favourites

Right now, I'm all for international breaks to give players a rest. Some look absolutely dead on their feet. Ever-presents like Youri Tielemans are just about holding it together, but only just. The players, as a collective, are running out of steam and it shows on the pitch, but that is my opinion.

I'm usually bemoaning the arrival of an international break because they usually put the brakes on our momentum in domestic competitions, but they may well be a blessing in disguise at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Right now, I'm all for international breaks to give players a rest. Some look absolutely dead on their feet. Ever-presents like Youri Tielemans are just about holding it together, but only just. The players, as a collective, are running out of steam and it shows on the pitch, but that is my opinion.

I'm usually bemoaning the arrival of an international break because they usually put the brakes on our momentum in domestic competitions, but they may well be a blessing in disguise at the moment.

I agree to some extent and I’m delighted that some of our players will get a break but surely Tielemans will just be faced with playing for Belgium rather than us so won’t get a break at all. That’s before you add in any potential travelling he’ll have to do as well. I think the key to the international break this time round will be getting players back from injury rather than resting key players.

Guest Fktf

First time I can remember being happy there's one coming up, but it is only because it'll buy some time for a few of our players to recover.

I don't watch international friendlies or qualifiers - they're really dull. Last ones I watched were when vards was first being called up, but soon gave up when it became apparent he wasn't going to play, or was going to get stuck out on the wing.

Ordinarily they're a disruption to our season but I'll be welcoming this one, a chance for rest and recovery and time for those injured to return. 

We definitely need Tielemans to pick up a 'mystery strain' to avoid international duty...

Neither international breaks nor international matches doesnt make any sense to me. The international soccer matches are most of the time against weak teams, major players act restrictedly not to get injured.

What international matches do is to enfoster unnecessary nationalism which is not good for humanity either.