Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well Barnes had a good chance, Justin wasn’t far off... 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Except for the one where Barnes just has to hit it anywhere between the white things and it's 1-1.

I forgot about Barnes one. It’s been a long game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think that's unfair, whats he got wrong? We've defended badly and when we have got the ball out to Justin several times we've done well. Barnes ought to make it 1-1, there's half a chance of a peno to take the lead and then Justin had a chance to equalise. Its our defending set pieces and in general that's been our downfall but the system isn't at fault there is it?

Maybe it is harsh and reactive because these are obviously good, but against the two mentioned you always got the feeling that the balls we were looking to play were in to the middle so we could try and skip the first press to try and set the forward players away. Haven’t seen that tonight personally, we’ve almost bypassed our own midfield by trying to move the ball to the final third as quickly as possible - probably to negate their press. But Man City showed that when teams do come aggressive at us we have actually got the composure on the ball to keep hold and beat the man. Other than that I can’t see what the plan is really. 

He’s also got the forward players playing a bit too deep for me off the ball, I’d have them further up the pitch trying to get their CB’s making a decision rather than having all the time in the world on the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes of course? You set up your defence based on the opponent’s attack, not their defence. They still have Jota, Firmino and Mane. 

But it’s not worked? So do you change or carry on with a system that isn’t working?

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Going pretty much as expected. Klopp saw Brenda coming a mile off and Brenda is too stoopid to adapt quickly enough. Great chance to get something here, but fluffed. 

Bit harsh imo. Rodgers has shown this season he's able to adapt. Getting beat off a better team, not much more to it than that, at the moment anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes they are which is why you can't leave so much room at the back. As you cant against man city and we didn't then. We've been all over the place at the back without making then even work at all for it. 

Losing games is acceptable. Everyone loses at some point. Just make them work for it. As it stands we may aswell have just not bothered making the journey. 

I think that's a tad harsh given the players we've got out there, not exactly a well-drilled first-string unit