Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Commentators didn't want to dwell on the 'foul' by JJ. He'll get another now and off. 

That was the most ridiculous yellow card I've ever seen. Not even a foul yet Robertson gets away with the one where he completely wiped out Maddison. Yellows can make a big difference to way players play

• Like 2

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

But we aren't compact though we've been pretty open and there's always gaps between the back 3 positional too far apart. Not moving the ball about when we get it either. 

I'm not worried about how we look going forward but we have to take our chances.

The zonal marking looks a bit shaky at times but I think this was always going to be tough against Mane, Milner playing a binder and Jota on top form. They're very, very good at picking teams apart.

Liverpool’s passing and movement is cutting us to shreds but the two goals are just defensive howlers by Evans and Albrighton.

Defence exposed time and time again. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes not in the game. And as for Vardy...

Woeful all round.

Problem is that we can actually say the ref is screwing us, penalty, each decision going their way for example the JJ deflected shot with no corner. BUT we're not helping ourselves either. Too many players not putting in a shift. Madders and Youri struggle to play together. It's so evident. Evans after his NI performances was always going to be down. Barnes cannot shoot. Fuchs and Albrighton are just not upto the standard we need now. It is all a bit too passive and we need to start taking more initiative in games 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Rubbish. 

Forfana been our best threat. 

Liverpool on another level.

Agree totally. They're on a different level. But I hate these passive tactics. They have worked in some games but it's still horrible to watch. Really hope that we at least have a go in the second half.

• Like 1

If I hear them mention Liverpool's "injury crisis" again, I think I'm gonna have some sort of crisis!

They're missing 4? Henderson, TAA, van Dijk, Salah?

We're missing 4? Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Castagne?

I know it's been the same in the media for the last week or two, but no mention of our "injury crisis" too even in the commentary.

Edit:  forgot Gomez

Edited by Aesc

An unfortunate own goal and a piece of class from Robertson and Jota.  We started to look better at the end of the half when we started pressing more. Its not over yet.

It really rankles that Roger's has set up like he thinks Liverpool reserves are that much better than us. He's such a Hyacinth Bucket at times.

We need to try and get Maddison and Tielemans their first touches and put Albrighton in the bin for the second half.

Feel harsh saying this because they've been brilliant in the past few games.

But there was only so long Justin, Albrighton and Fuchs in the same back 5 was going to keep working.

Not just their fault. A lot of players haven't turned up and look nervous. 

Evans always has been calamitous in the air, offensively and defensively. I like him but he makes me nervous on set pieces. I'm not just saying that because he's just nailed one past Kasper, either. I do wonder whether we'll see a 4 at the back when Soy, Castagne and Ricardo are fit.

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think pens should be given for that but have seem them given before.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It was hand to ball. It would have been given if it had been us. 

Thanks, so it's not just blue tinted specs on my part then.

I agree it shouldn't be a penalty, but as you say @Webbo, if it had been Evans in our box it would have been given. I have no doubt whatsoever.

• Like 1

Surely we need to go at at Milner?  I am afraid Evans, Albrighton and Fuchs are not up to this one.  We need Timmy and Ricardo back pronto as these are the games you cannot muddle through.

need an early goal!