Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

I’ve waited very long (as I’m sure most you have) for this club to have a youth team which not only supports the first teams but produces genuine stars. Barnes, Chodhury, Thomas, Daley-Campbell in the first team squad. Knight and KDH getting rave reviews and others such as Tavares and Leshabala waiting in the wings, is just great to see!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Just like Andy King's tweet when Madison got the number 10. Pure class and I think representative of a good atmosphere within the club. I think ill only remember fuchs more and more fondly as time goes on

It'll be annoying if he doesn't get a proper send-off at the end of the season...  Glad he's enjoying his semi-retirement already given how well Thomas is playing though! :D 

That last ditch tackle in the first half and that defending at the far post from that deep cross were highlights for me. He looked like he’d been managing games in the prem for years - showed more game intelligence than anyone else!

I really like his ball carrying and delivery as well. Unfortunately he doesn’t have electric pace otherwise we’d be sitting on another future England regular.

6 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Very classy tweet from Christian. Absolute gem of a man. 

We should keep him on the books in some respect when he goes. Maybe as a scout over in the states when he goes to join his family? 

I still hope he gets to play one season in the NFL as a kicker. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

That last ditch tackle in the first half and that defending at the far post from that deep cross were highlights for me. He looked like he’d been managing games in the prem for years - showed more game intelligence than anyone else!

I really like his ball carrying and delivery as well. Unfortunately he doesn’t have electric pace otherwise we’d be sitting on another future England regular.

Pace wise, he's definitely gained half a yard since last year. Plus he's got some filling out to do still so I think he'll be more than capable physically.

8 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Had himself a game yesterday. Could make that LB slot his own with JJ out and could be an outsider for England squad if he could continue to put in performances of yesterday's level given that Chilwell is warming the bench 

If you're talking about being an outsider for the Euro's this year, no chance. Think how brilliant Justin had been and how many games he played, yet we were still thinking that he might not get picked (somehow). I know we're not blessed compared to the right hand side but even people like Luke Shaw have had a good season so there's going to be plenty ahead of him, even if he plays most games and plays well.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

If you're talking about being an outsider for the Euro's this year, no chance. Think how brilliant Justin had been and how many games he played, yet we were still thinking that he might not get picked (somehow). I know we're not blessed compared to the right hand side but even people like Luke Shaw have had a good season so there's going to be plenty ahead of him, even if he plays most games and plays well.

Don't get me wrong I know it won't happen but there is always a chance.. I genuinely think JJ was a shoo-in for the next squad and the summer based on his performances

1 minute ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Don't get me wrong I know it won't happen but there is always a chance.. I genuinely think JJ was a shoo-in for the next squad and the summer based on his performances

You're right he probably should have been, but there's a pecking order that isn't entirely meritorious at work...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_fox said:

Who is coaching our full backs? The kid was an absolute sensation yesterday. 

Energetic, committed, mature, intelligent, aggressive.

You love to see it. 

Fuchs hopefully. Lol. But you’re bang on. We are turning into Valencia of 5 years ago. Stockpiling some of the worlds most exciting left backs. Thing is we are taking them to the next level 

Best all-round game yesterday, I know his man scored but he had to leave him to try and win the initial ball in. His passing is really crisp, good technique and proved yesterday he can be solid defensively. A shame that shot from edge of the area in the first half was blocked because he struck it well and looked on target. 

4 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Who is coaching our full backs? The kid was an absolute sensation yesterday. 

Energetic, committed, mature, intelligent, aggressive.

You love to see it. 

Quite a few slag off the academy . With players on loan and coming into the first team , i think the academy is doing its job . This young lad shows the coaching system and academy progression is working . You can't really take much out of results of academy matches due to players away . The future is bright . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

He will get quicker as he gets stronger and stops developing physically. 

13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

You know what, I'm not sure I would like to have a fully fit squad.

As mental as it sounds, it gives fringe players a chance. A real chance to step up, earn the shirt and keep the shirt.

Would Fofana, Justin, Thomas and Mendy be as good as they've been without those chances?

Not just a run out in the League Cup, playing on one of the biggest stages and making a real claim for that place.

i used to get excited playing football manager when someone got injured because it meant I could try out an amazing young talent I had recently bought...