Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Tbh, I have a little sympathy with the two posters who've raised a question mark. 

I thought he played very safe and looked a little over concentrated. 

I'm not totally sold on him yet but a long way to go. I wasn't sold on Chilwell at 19. With extra euro games next season, a loan isn't viable. He'll be needed much in the same capacity as he's been used this season

• Like 1

On the right Pereira is a world class RB or RWB, On the left he is fair to middling and Thomas is probably already better . Catsteigne is also only passable on the left. We are beginning to look unbalanced here. To his great credit Justin is very good on both sides. How are we going to use them effectively when all are fit. Pereira could spend a lot of time on the bench.Will he be happy?

I wouldn't be totally against a loan unless we plan to start him 15-20 times next season.

Look how much Justin improved with a run of first team football.

He would have to go to a team chasing promotion or a Prem team though or itd serve no real purpose.

• Like 1

Pereira lengthy spells on the bench someone said. Who would have thought we would be saying that? I still think when fully fit he walks in. We have amazing talent all over the park and I think last night everyone on our bench would have started for WBA. We have indeed come a very long way..

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

No way to all of this.  We were a better team with him in the lineup today. He has a bright future & it isn't 3 years away. I remember when people were saying the same thing about JJ.

Im sure he has been subbed at half time in one of our games and I have seen him ripped apart of a couple of occasions. Whilst its great to see him involved we don't want to shatter his confidence. I have also seen him link up really well with Harvey Barnes in some games and looks very decent going forward but he has plenty to learn defensively. As I said in a previous post, this isnt an anti-Thomas post as there is plenty I have seen that makes me believe there is a prem player in there somewhere, but not yet. 

For the record James Justin had played nearly 100 games for Luton in the lower leagues before we made a move for him. I think LT needs a season or two down there before he is among a potential Champions League squad team.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just a ridiculous opinion this, couldn't disagree with it more if I tried. 

I'm willing to bet my 50p that he gets loaned out next season and that we look for a more solid alternative in position, especially if we are a Champions League club. With JJ out well into the new season and Castagne being largely ineffective at left back, it wouldnt be right to thrust LT in at this stage of his development.

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wouldn't be totally against a loan unless we plan to start him 15-20 times next season.

Look how much Justin improved with a run of first team football.

He would have to go to a team chasing promotion or a Prem team though or itd serve no real purpose.

We can't afford to loan him with Ricardo and Castagne the only alternatives in a four at LB.

Ricardo has shown us this season a possible glimpse of what JJ will be like when he comes back next season. Thomas has shown he is not out of his depth at this level and has had sufficient game time this season, he doesn't need a loan, save that for those like Tavares, etc who have next to no experience in men's football and needs a loan to see where they are at as they're a way behind the pecking order here at this stage.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

We can't afford to loan him with Ricardo and Castagne the only alternatives in a four at LB.

Ricardo has shown us this season a possible glimpse of what JJ will be like when he comes back next season. Thomas has shown he is not out of his depth at this level and has had sufficient game time this season, he doesn't need a loan, save that for those like Tavares, etc who have next to no experience in men's football and needs a loan to see where they are at as they're a way behind the pecking order here at this stage.

I don't really care where he is as long as he starts 20+ games next season. The most important thing is that he's playing consistently at a good level. 

Agreed on Tavares, a championship loan to get him up to speed sounds a very good idea.

• Like 1

I actually prefer the balance of the side with Luke in the team. Surprisingly good in the air, his pace looks like it’s getting better and he clearly has a great left foot.

As he settles into the side I think he’ll take a few more risks, because he is inclined to be safety first in the attacking third and I think he has more to offer going forward.

Time will tell whether he’ll make the number 3 shirt his own, but he’s certainly shown he has some of the right attributes.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

No way to all of this.  We were a better team with him in the lineup today. He has a bright future & it isn't 3 years away. I remember when people were saying the same thing about JJ.

We're a more balanced side with him in, but he is currently our weakest link. And he'd probably agree himself

However, I'm not moaning about him, this is purely because if his age and experience. The lad does not look too out of place in our starting line up and he looks to have a very, very bright future ahead of him. 

It's nice to think that if JJ regains his form when he returns, that we'll have great choices at both left and right back