Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Thought he was great today. Hopefully in the summer well get his confidence up in looking to add crossing and creating to his game. He has bags of quality in the defensive side, if we can unlock the offensive part we have a very very good prospect on our hands. Chuffed to bits for him.

He’s definitely got it in his locker. We didn’t see much of it today but he’s put some lovely crosses on in previous games. Think there might be a element of playing it safe for him at the moment while he’s eased in at this level but he’s growing every game. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

He was excellent. The way he hounded traore back into his own half late on was amazing. 

Needs to get a bit more nasty though. He was fouled a couple of times and didn’t claim them so didn’t get them. Noticeably that dangerous cross into the box where traore mounted him. He could very well be pregnant from that incident 

That was a masterful piece of defending and from one so young. Young players tend to freeze or switch off in those situations, but not Thomas he done all he could do in the circumstances to put him off.   It just shows what a talented boy he is and has a big future ahead of him.

I guess that's what you call taking one for the Team.

Edited by Clever Fox

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Nowhere near.

But people will still say Liverpool have Alexander-Arnold and Robertson, so they're better. Despite them being absolutely woeful this season.

TAA is a good player but decidedly ropey against us and has been off it...  

Robertson was one of their  better players against us…. To describe him as woeful this season seems a bit unfair?

we do seem particularly blessed in the fullback department 

Just now, Wolfox said:

TAA is a good player but decidedly ropey against us and has been off it...  

Robertson was one of their  better players against us…. To describe him as woeful this season seems a bit unfair?

we do seem particularly blessed in the fullback department 

Fair point, but compare the pair of them on assists they got last season and the teams performance, they're certainly under par.

I don't think woeful is unfair on Alexander-Arnold though. I think he broke his own Premier League record, set earlier in the season, against us, for giving the ball away in a match?

But yeah, he'll still be Southgate's first pick.

• Thanks 1

Are our injuries going to benefit us in the long run. It's given us great opportunities to give game time to Justin, Thomas, Fofana then Soyunchu, Amarty is getting a run out, Mendy is like a new signing and Albrighton is in due to other players poor form.

It's been great really.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

If we think he's good now, imagine what he's going to be like by the time Justin is back and ready to be involved again. The experience he's going to get in the Prem and in Europe is going to be so good for his development.

JJ's injury is terrible, of course, but if there is a silver lining, it could be that Thomas gets the same opportunities that JJ benefitted from with Ricardo's injury. It could be a weird repeat of last season.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are our injuries going to benefit us in the long run. It's given us great opportunities to give game time to Justin, Thomas, Fofana then Soyunchu, Amarty is getting a run out, Mendy is like a new signing and Albrighton is in due to other players poor form.

It's been great really.

It keeps players fresh and ready to step in, so it's a positive in that respect!

With no disrespect to how those back-up/fringe players have stepped up, but I'd much rather have a fully fit squad to choose from!

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It keeps players fresh and ready to step in, so it's a positive in that respect!

With no disrespect to how those back-up/fringe players have stepped up, but I'd much rather have a fully fit squad to choose from!

You know what, I'm not sure I would like to have a fully fit squad.

As mental as it sounds, it gives fringe players a chance. A real chance to step up, earn the shirt and keep the shirt.

Would Fofana, Justin, Thomas and Mendy be as good as they've been without those chances?

Not just a run out in the League Cup, playing on one of the biggest stages and making a real claim for that place.

• Like 1

He was so very good today.  Defide his age and experience.  His passing is good, he's intelligent, he's fairly quick, he can cross, he's quite strong for his slightness and his positioning is good.  He's not as powerfuly athletic as chilwell but the other aspects of his game look as good if not better.  He's improving immensely.

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

The best thing I can say about the lad is we never missed JJ today at all.  He was Brave, alert, and smart when needed which shows he's a good student of the game.

The way he dealt with Traore to put him off in the box showed real experience way beyond his years.

He has a great future in front of him here.

He was great that's a given, but personally I'd feel much comfortable with JJ on the pitch. That being said, he surely give BR something to think about.

• Like 2

Just now, BlackFox said:

He was great that's a given, but personally I'd feel much comfortable with JJ on the pitch. That being said, he surely give BR something to think about.

as good as Thomas is, all the positive things he did, you would expect JJ to do, and more besides. 

but cracking performance from a 19 year old ! in some ways plays like an experienced pro already

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackFox said:

To be honest JJ's better at 1v1 defending but Thomas was making loads of last ditch blocks that JJ wouldnt make, his defending was of a similar quality in a different way.

18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

To be honest JJ's better at 1v1 defending but Thomas was making loads of last ditch blocks that JJ wouldnt make, his defending was of a similar quality in a different way.

Not sure it’s fair to compare... It’s clear Thomas will be a premier league player and I’d back him to have a very successful career at City but he’s on 19... remember chilwell at 19? Thomas is better.. JJ has turned into a total beast 1 v 1 he’s out of this world 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

You know what, I'm not sure I would like to have a fully fit squad.

As mental as it sounds, it gives fringe players a chance. A real chance to step up, earn the shirt and keep the shirt.

Would Fofana, Justin, Thomas and Mendy be as good as they've been without those chances?

Not just a run out in the League Cup, playing on one of the biggest stages and making a real claim for that place.

🤦‍♂️