Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

49 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Im not knocking the kid. 

well you seem to be assuming he isn't good enough so won't play which is kind of a knock.

He should be starting the rest of our games at LWB/LB this season and would start the summer in pole position to start next year.

once Ricardo is back to his best we have a decision to make but he is still some way from that

• Thanks 1

In a way , Rodgers has an enviable problem , too many quality full backs. The plan was , I think , Pereira on the right and Casteigne on the left. However Justin's all round excellence and Thomas's real promise might have changed that. The disappointing thing for me is that Casteigne looks twice the player on the right as he is on the left and compares badly with Justin in that way. For me , when he is back to his best , I would play Pereira on the right and Justin on the left , the other two would be bench options.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

well you seem to be assuming he isn't good enough so won't play which is kind of a knock.

He should be starting the rest of our games at LWB/LB this season and would start the summer in pole position to start next year.

once Ricardo is back to his best we have a decision to make but he is still some way from that

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. All I said was that a loan would be good for his development.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's had 1 poor game all season which was vs Arsenal

Do you reckon Rodgers throws him in against quality European opposition? We will be 4th seeds if we qualify I think...maybe 3rd, so were gonna play teams that will want have their wicked way with us.

I'd play the kid week on week out regardless of opposition.  Like you say, Chillwell really improved with game time. If he sat on the bench behind Fuchs then he would probably still be with us

On 23/04/2021 at 10:45, An Sionnach said:

Benny got shedloads of criticism on here , mostly for his defensive game which to be honest is fairly modest. He is though a very dangerous attacking player who regularly finds goalscoring positions. Luke may never have that ability but defensively he looks well on the way to being a really sound player just what we need.At the moment though JJ has a broader range of abilities so Luke will remain an understudy.

.....if there was a particular failing in Chilwells' game it was his reluctance to attack the goal and shoot if the opportunity presented itself!!!

Too often he would look to lay the ball off, instead of taking on the responsibility. Just before he left us he started improving in this respect and became a more dangerous player receiving the ball in the box. 

I said sometime ago, when he leaves our club, his next club will develop this part of his game and make him a much better player, as so far as I saw, it was an aspect of his game which he, for some reason was not working on to much degree. You really do not need to be coached in these situations as it was obvious what was required when played in, inside the box. He either was not comfortable enough or lacked the intelligence to take a man on or shoot at goal.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

It could be the champions league next season, are we going to risk him in those games? 

Why not? He's risen to every challenge so far, and by next season he'll had several more games under his belt (fighting for top 4 in the Prem, and possibly inluding a cup final), he'll have matured/strengthened by a few more months, and have had a full preseason.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

Why not? He's risen to every challenge so far, and by next season he'll had several more games under his belt (fighting for top 4 in the Prem, and possibly inluding a cup final), he'll have matured/strengthened by a few more months, and have had a full preseason.

Whatever.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. All I said was that a loan would be good for his development.

You said more than that - "It could be the champions league next season, are we going to risk him in those games? ".

In saying that you clearly questioned the lad's ability to cope at the level of the Champions League.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Do you reckon Rodgers throws him in against quality European opposition? We will be 4th seeds if we qualify I think...maybe 3rd, so were gonna play teams that will want have their wicked way with us.

I'd play the kid week on week out regardless of opposition.  Like you say, Chillwell really improved with game time. If he sat on the bench behind Fuchs then he would probably still be with us

He will learn faster playing for Brendan than he will at any loan club. That way Leicester can control & monitor his progress & decide when he plays & how much he plays. Once a player goes out on loan we lose all control of his development !

Thomas competing for a position in our squad next season benefits us and him the most. Our squad depth gets helped a lot, he gains some valuable experience. If he is 21/22 and still can't unseat Justin regularly, that will be the time to loan him out, where he can work on his game with another manager and improve with gametime week in and week out. He's so young that there's no rush though. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas is better than the pair of them already

Whilst I agree, I think it would be prudent to bring in someone like Bernard as a warm body. Without Fuchs, we go into next season with Ricardo, Castagne, and Thomas as our only fullbacks, I think another left-sided backup would make sense, at least until Justin is fit again.

12 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst I agree, I think it would be prudent to bring in someone like Bernard as a warm body. Without Fuchs, we go into next season with Ricardo, Castagne, and Thomas as our only fullbacks, I think another left-sided backup would make sense, at least until Justin is fit again.

I'd rather Fuchs for another year

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather Fuchs for another year

I agree, although Christian's business interests might stop that. Daley- Campbell is also available but he again is right sided. As I have said before Castagne was bought as a player who was comfortable either side and he needs to prove that.

Edited by An Sionnach

28 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Tagliafico was being courted by Spurs/Arsenal; but not sure how both sit now Mourinho gone.

Not getting a game for either is he to be fair. Regulion and Tierney are their respective teams best defenders.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not getting a game for either is he to be fair. Regulion and Tierney are their respective teams best defenders.

Very much depends; in my view; on how 'both-sided' he, or those two, are.

I don't see why he wouldn't stick around at Ajax to be honest.