Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

He had a bit of shocker first half. Misplaced passes, couple of slips etc which I can look past. My worry is that he doesn’t look like he can go past a man, nor does he initiate a 1-2 to get beyond the defence. 

Needs to learn to do this as we need our full backs to be an attacking outlet, especially against defensive teams. 

• Like 1

Wow we aren’t in here battering a 19 year old with only a hand full of pro games under his belt are we? After 1 iffy performance? Jesus. 
Im no saint, if I see consistent poor performances then a player deserves a kick up the arse but really?

James Justin still had shockers in him and he’d played a lot more football... look at him now (until his injury). 
This isn’t FIFA. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

He had a bit of shocker first half. Misplaced passes, couple of slips etc which I can look past. My worry is that he doesn’t look like he can go past a man, nor does he initiate a 1-2 to get beyond the defence. 

Needs to learn to do this as we need our full backs to be an attacking outlet, especially against defensive teams. 

It was far from a shocker . A couple of missed placed crosses but he was no worse than anyone  else .

• Like 2

He was alright tonight but I don't think he's best at wing-back; he's not quite got the legs of Castagne and Albrighton. It is a very difficult position to play in fairness, especially when you have a narrow trio up top so there's no one to aim at in front of you.

As others have said, he looks terrific with a winger like Barnes ahead of him. He is still miles better than Chilwell was at his age

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Exactly my thoughts as well

4 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:
10 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hopefully he improves but he certainly not ready for 1st team footy

How is he not ready for first team football. Do you honestly think Rodgers would have trusted him in any games this season If he didn’t think he was ready?

With respect you are talking absolute bollocks

No respect needed. It was b*llocks

He has a big future but he is one we are almost forced to throw into the deep end. Fair play to Rodgers for backing his player and well done to LT for trying. He made a few errors today but as I have stated in previous posts, I will never be critical of the player as he isnt ready quite yet.  We cant expect any more than he is given us so anyone hammering him for errors must need there head tested.

One for the future for me, one that will be better than Chilwell potentially but for me, not quite yet.

I thought he was poor, especially in the first half and probably should have been hauled at half time. But that's the reason why Rodgers is manager and not one of us twats from the forums! He gave him more time to restore his confidence and he was OK in the second half, even if making the change was the right move.

Despite making some mistakes, I am still glad to see him in the team. He has a lot of potential and for me is better than Chilwell at the same age. Because these days we are competing for a top 4 place instead of mid table under Puel, the pressure is cranked up massively and that's sometimes unfair on players like Hamza and Thomas. If they were in the team back then, they would have far less pressure placed on their shoulders.

One thing I can say is that Thomas plays much better when he's working in tandem with Harvey Barnes. As a lone wing back he has a lot to learn, which is to be expected given his age.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

I thought he was a little let down at times today by the team. Played into a lot of space but everyone just ran off and didn’t give him any easy options. He’s a young lad up against a very physical team. Needed more support 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Analysethis said:

He has a big future but he is one we are almost forced to throw into the deep end. Fair play to Rodgers for backing his player and well done to LT for trying. He made a few errors today but as I have stated in previous posts, I will never be critical of the player as he isnt ready quite yet.  We cant expect any more than he is given us so anyone hammering him for errors must need there head tested.

One for the future for me, one that will be better than Chilwell potentially but for me, not quite yet.

Ben Chilwell was playing for Huddersfield  in the Championship at Luke’s age. Luke’s played European football and high stakes Premier League games in a fight for Europe. You can’t compare, England regular, Ben Chilwell aged 24 to a 19 year old lad still learning. If he turns out half as good as he can be, he’s gonna be England’s full back in 4 years time. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Ben Chilwell was playing for Huddersfield  in the Championship at Luke’s age. Luke’s played European football and high stakes Premier League games in a fight for Europe. You can’t compare, England regular, Ben Chilwell aged 24 to a 19 year old lad still learning. If he turns out half as good as he can be, he’s gonna be England’s full back in 4 years time. 

Im not comparing them now. Im saying LT has huge potential and I would say even better than Chilwell.

I have stated in this very thread I would put him out on loan to a lower league prem club or top half Championship club myself as I dont think he is good enough to be our 2nd best left-back when JJ is injured. For example, I wouldnt start him on Match Day 1 next season hence wanting reinforcements there.

Edited by Analysethis
  • Like 1