Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Sheffield United (A) Match Thread

Nothing wrong with selection.

We're away against a side who play similar.

Their wing backs/centre backs push up and will lose the ball = space for us behind.

Same people moaning will be the same that called for 532/352 prior to the season starting.

Up the Foxes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

If they do win, we might as well brace ourselves for a relegation fight - no points against two of the worst sides in the league

If that was to happen we would need less than 20 points in 27 games so say 5 wins 5 draws and 17 losses. We will clearly do that and more.

After that shocking excuse of managing from BR I’m genuinely starting to lose faith in him.

He better hope he sh*thouse a result because he is single handed ruining our season throwing away points to these teams. Lose today, then 5 at home vs Brighton. We then go into a tough run. With a tight bottom half this year we could be 14-15th very soon.

We are ****ing playing a team with 0 wins 1 draw 9 losses and low on confidence and only scored 1 goal from open play all season and I’d be ABSOLUTELY STUNNED if we win today. That is all down to BR and that’s absolutely ridiculous for any team with ambition of being in the top 10 let alone top 6! 😡.

If we do not win again today, which I fully expect, then for me It’ll be the first time I’m truly questioning his future. We are pathetic to watch and it’s all down to him. 

• Like 2

The hour before kick-off. Comedy gold on FT. I’ll be as disappointed as most if we fail to win, and my faith in Perez has all but evaporated ........ but who the heck were people expecting to see in the starting line up? Messi? Salah? On current form, nobody on the bench is in better nick the named team. Only Under could probably contest that. We have the players we have. They are in the form they are in. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

If that was to happen we would need less than 20 points in 27 games so say 5 wins 5 draws and 17 losses. We will clearly do that and more.

I said similar things about not throwing a 14 point lead ahead of United, a “bare minimum of wins will do it” we didn’t do it.

Just now, TrentFox said:

The hour before kick-off. Comedy gold on FT. I’ll be as disappointed as most if we fail to win, and my faith in Perez has all but evaporated ........ but who the heck were people expecting to see in the starting line up? Messi? Salah? On current form, nobody on the bench is in better nick the named team. Only Under could probably contest that. We have the players we have. They are in the form they are in. 🤷‍♂️

Thomas, Under and Barnes that's who we was expecting.

anyway enough of the moaning lets see what happens in play.

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Did you watch Albrighton in the previous games. He was shocking.

Tielemans and Mendy are good at their jobs keeping possession and putting the odd through ball in. Never going to score 3 now are they. Its a defensive line up.

Tielemans is a forward thinking midfielder who can pick a pass and mendy will do the ugly dirty work. A team needs a player like him in it otherwise we would be in trouble. Albrighton didn't have the best game last time around but on the whole he can pick out a cross better than most. He's not the most spectacular player but he will certainly do his job and do it well enough.

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Probably wants the Barcelona job, his ego won't allow it though!

I reckon he will be a perfect fit for Arsenal, when Arteta gets the push

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Pace and width with Barnes and Under. Fuchs to not play for the 11th consecutive game? These aren’t outlandish expectations 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Do you know something we dont.?

Yeah. They are shit.

You saw what pressure/closing them down did to them last season.

Mind you, it's that bit we've got to do first.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

No! And i am so going to quote you, when we smash um 0-3 :P 

Hey, I didn’t say would take the draw, just wondered if others would :whistle:

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Anyone take the draw if it was offered now?

I think itll depend if he changes it at half time or tries to stick with it. We likely take 0 shots on target and a goal or two against into the break.

So yes, I'd take a draw haha