Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Sheffield United (A) Match Thread

Just now, Stadt said:

I said similar things about not throwing a 14 point lead ahead of United, a “bare minimum of wins will do it” we didn’t do it.

I just can't see a scenario where we don't get that number of points. Even if we sack Rodgers in 3 months time and get big sam or Tony pulls in we aren't getting relegated and people suggesting it could happen in my opinion are being ridiculous. I will also point out that my last post was assuming we'd need 38 points to survive where this season it'll be more like 32 in all likelihood. so that's 3 wins and 5 draws from 27 matches. It isn't happening lol

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Brooksy said:

Big game for Ayoze. Bloke desperately needs a decent performance 

Doesn't give me the impression that he has the personality to deliver this - more like an abject failure, where his main focus is keeping his hair in place and falling over on a regular basis

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

Wasn't that the form last year

Without checking I will say that it was never that bad over that number of games. Correct me if I'm wrong but this conversation is ridiculous. We lost to Liverpool (like everyone does) and had an off day at Fulham. We're 5th in the league going into todays game and people are talking about relegation. No wonder Sheffield united fans were taking the piss out of the people off this forum, it is deserved with suggestions like that.

• Like 1

We might be good enough today.

The problem with BR is that every week we can always see it not working. Then when he gets it right you can often see the logic in what he’s done and we’re all fine with that, BR Masterplan . Then there are those times that it just goes belly up and the WTF feeling you had when you saw the team is totally justified. 

I don’t think we’re ever going to get used to it but it’s the way he is. 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This tends to be when he tries a little too hard to play THE pass, hope he keeps it simple and bags a goal. 

Can he just focus on passing the ball into the net - that would be greatly appreciated

22 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Sheff Utd are strong down the sides so can understand the team selection and formation, except his choice of front three. 

We shouldn't be picking our formation to try and negate the attacking prowess of a Sheffield United side that's scored 4 goals and collected 1 point from a possible.

I really hope we get a win here, or we're gonna be baying for Rodgers blood.

Really not happy with the team selection again if I'm honest. Too many defensive minded players and no real wingers again plus apart from Vardy no real pace up top. Hopefully it's a front 2 with Maddison as a 10 behind. But it'll probably be 541 again.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

It’s the old we haven’t got any defenders for a back 4 so let’s play a 5 instead 😂😂

This had better work... it’s a toss formation against a team that hasn’t won  so far this season...

BR gone from a forward thinking manager to a fossil...

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Corky said:

He does love a random choice- Perez barely involved then suddenly in the starting line-up for a crucial match.

Following Holloway's inclusion of Harry Worley for the Stoke match

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Without checking I will say that it was never that bad over that number of games. Correct me if I'm wrong but this conversation is ridiculous. We lost to Liverpool (like everyone does) and had an off day at Fulham. We're 5th in the league going into todays game and people are talking about relegation. No wonder Sheffield united fans were taking the piss out of the people off this forum, it is deserved with suggestions like that.

We've lost three in a row.  It's a worry because this team tends to go on extended runs of either good or bad form.

I’m thinking that it might be a very good day to self distance oneself from Match Thread.   This has the potential to stink like a Bombay Sewer on the hottest day of the year.  May God be with you Brenden.