Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Sheffield United (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

It’s the old we haven’t got any defenders for a back 4 so let’s play a 5 instead 😂😂

This had better work... it’s a toss formation against a team that hasn’t won  so far this season...

BR gone from a forward thinking manager to a fossil...

crazy ain't it, 4 defenders out and he plays a 5 at the back or whatever you want to call it

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I’m thinking that it might be a very good day to self distance oneself from Match Thread.   This has the potential to stink like a Bombay Sewer on the hottest day of the year.  May God be with you Brenden.

Say a prayer for Brendan too.

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Looks like defend for your lives till 60 mins hoping for 0 0, then bring on the cavalry. We are playing the bottom club, not Liverpool aren’t we?

Think this is exactly what Brendan is trying to get working- bit naff, but let’s see how it goes  (again)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

We've lost three in a row.  It's a worry because this team tends to go on extended runs of either good or bad form.

I wouldn't look too much into the Zorya game personally. It was one of those games where we went with an eye on todays game. In regards to the other two one was Liverpool (the current champions) and the other one was an uncharacteristically bad loss to Fulham. If this goes on for 5 or 10 games then maybe it's time to start worrying but not two one being against a very good side. 

The premier league is a very competitive league and anyone can beat anyone. We are going to lose games to teams at the top and those at the bottom even Man City and Liverpool do that. It is not a crisis every time we do so. We learn and we go again. I think with the inclusion of Perez that will be as a direct result of the last game. Someone who can link play and get us going forward.

Just now, leicesterseddon said:

Looking forward to eating my words, but I’m not inspired by that line-up.

Leaving Barnes and Under on the bench again is a massive call from BR - no hiding place if it goes wrong again. 

I’m hoping that at least with Albrighton we'll have a bit more width than last time.

Yes yes width so Albrighton can put crosses in for Perez and Vardy, heading maestros. Makes perfect sense 

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, st albans fox said:

Anyone have a feeling that these conservative formations and team selections reflects how low our fitness stats could be at the moment ???

Why are we less fit than any of other teams in the Premier League. Look at the energy of the Leeds' players in the first half yesterday 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Anyone have a feeling that these conservative formations and team selections reflects how low our fitness stats could be at the moment ???

If only we had an established fitness coach who knew the players and staff..

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We shouldn't be picking our formation to try and negate the attacking prowess of a Sheffield United side that's scored 4 goals and collected 1 point from a possible.

I really hope we get a win here, or we're gonna be baying for Rodgers blood.

You have to respect every team you play. Nullify the opposition strengths and have an attacking strategy when we get the ball. Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

Looking forward to eating my words, but I’m not inspired by that line-up.

Leaving Barnes and Under on the bench again is a massive call from BR - no hiding place if it goes wrong again. 

I’m hoping that at least with Albrighton we'll have a bit more width than last time.

I hope his crossing is more Leeds than Liverpool then ..... sheff u’s defenders won’t be concerned by crosses randomly punted into the box