Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

I wouldn't take a draw. This is like a relegation "six pointer" in one respect .Beat them and beat them well and the message to the rest is their points flatter them whereas LCFC mean business. Encourage the others and ourselves . What sort of message does a home draw send out ? If the second in the league can't beat them when at home, you can't. Rodgers should know who his fighters are. Send them out. Vardy, Schmichael ,Barnes ,Under, Justin,Ndidi would be in for me and I'd tell them exactly why I've selected them. Big Wes is also a fighter but we should be able to find another five  younger players  who hate losing especially to the big heads. "Do you know who I am". Yes , you 're an overpriced full back we replaced with better for a quarter of the price. 4-0 would be nice but don't hold back lads, 5-0 is OK.

Not going to be easy, no red cards or penalties to them. That s the wrong sort of fight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I. "Do you know who I am". Yes , you 're an overpriced full back we replaced with better for a quarter of the price. 4-0 would be nice but don't hold back lads, 5-0 is OK.

Not going to be easy, no red cards or penalties to them. That s the wrong sort of fight. 

Isn’t this the team talk for the Chelsea game ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Isn’t this the team talk for the Chelsea game ? 

More or less,BR can change the words a bit. In fact it might have been used for a few other matches we should have won. How many of our players would have gone up for the ball Vardy made the second goal from. He's a fighter alright.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Thanks 1

Genuinely haven't got a clue with us anymore. You really just don't know which Leicester will turn up. You find yourself playing game theory when trying to predict any game of ours.

I'd take a draw, but we don't do draws. That's 19 games without one now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely haven't got a clue with us anymore. You really just don't know which Leicester will turn up. You find yourself playing game theory when trying to predict any game of ours.

Don't want 'em Dan , let other teams play for draws. I 'd love to see BR winning something this year. I suspect he's the one needing a bit of confidence. I know he won a lot with Celtic but deep down he must have known that even I would have won a lot managing Celtic.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Don't want 'em Dan , let other teams play for draws. I 'd love to see BR winning something this year. I suspect he's the one needing a bit of confidence. I know he won a lot with Celtic but deep down he must have known that even I would have won a lot managing Celtic.

Frost In!
Mate if you took over now and won those three games in hand, you'd only be seven points adrift of top spot!!!

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bit of a free hit after the Spurs win..a point there would have been a good result. 3pts was massive and we should now put a team and formation out to really have a go at Manure!

I think we'll probably lose this , they are looking strong and will be ultra confident after the thrashing of Leeds.

1-3.

It is not a free hit at all, the Spurs win took care of the the Everton debacle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would love us to give the Fridge and his Manure mates a good thumping on Saturday, can see Brendan putting a strong team out for this one and if we can play like we did against the Spuds not give them anytime on the ball hit them hard I’m sure we’ll take all 3 points don’t care if it’s a cheeky 1-0 or 3-2 so long as we beat them but honestly can see it being a 0-0 bore draw?

6 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

More or less,BR can change the words a bit. In fact it might have been used for a few other matches we should have won. How many of our players would have gone up for the ball Vardy made the second goal from. He's a fighter alright.

I was being facetious as you wrote ‘full back’ I/o CB .....Chelsea bought our F/B ......

Ndidi vs Fernandes, Justin vs Rashford, and Albrighton vs Shaw might be the key battles here for us defensively, after what we saw our three players do against Spurs and where Man Utd's main attacking threats lie.

The trouble is they also have Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, van der Beek and James who all carry there own different types and varying degrees of threat. Our defence is going to need to be on top form because, as they've shown, they can be absolute garbage and still have their attacking players bail them out (e.g. against Southampton and West Ham).

If we can put together another performance like we did against Spurs, we'll have a hell of a chance, and we're about due a win against these. Hopefully Vardy's fit enough to tear Maguire to bits too.

Edited by ALC Fox

Unfortunately i can see BR putting in both Ndidi and Mendy to try and nullify Fernandes and Pogba. That would be a mistake for me. Same starting side as against Spurs, and try and get at them early doors. put down a marker. If we get ahead and need to close the game out then that would be the time for two CDM (and maybe even big Wes)

Make no mistake though, this will be a hard game. As much as we think they are Sh*te and OGS hasn't got a clue, they are coming up fast on the rails again and picking up points. They are 3rd with a game in hand so obviously still a big threat.

We know that they will be falling over every time they get near our box looking for the inevitable "big team" favouritism penalty so we need to be on our toes and stay clever to avoid any rash challenges. If we take the game to them i think we can do them as they have frailties at the back. 

Looking forward to seeing JJ and Marc tear Shaw a new one. If we can do that and Vardy gets at Maguire we can expose them

• Like 1

Goodness knows how this will go - they are as unpredictable as us. Got to be a bonus that they have a difficult cup match only two and a half days beforehand, whereas we will have had the boost of having a decent amount of time preparing for the game, partly based in our new training facilities. Part of me feels optimistic, part of me is still having nightmares from boxing day last year... 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We’ve lost approximately the same number of games as Burnley Brighton and Newcastle we need to keep racking up wins not Nicking points 

21 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Brigade.

These are the tech heads, they are not nerds, but they do love stats and the technical side of the game. Some have even been known to carry binoculars to the game.

The BLT Brigade will sit as close to Brendan’s dug out as possible. This is so they can mirror Brendan’s body language, they’ll look happy when Brendan does, they’ll raise hands in disappointment when Brendan does, lean forward in their chair and make chapel spire fingers on their chins to be as one with the game. The BLT Brigade will have taken lip reading lessons so they can understand what’s going on the bench, this will enable them to tell fans around them great insight like “He’s just told Praet to warm up” They’ll often check their phone keeping an eye on possession stats and pass accuracy rates, they'll perhaps even take notes in a notebook. The BLT brigade are quite happy to attend games alone, but when in company they will share opinions on the game like “Their low block is deeper than their last away game, this is to compensate for Albrighton’s new shin pads”. The BLT will also say things like “Good shout Brendan, he agrees with me”, "I told you that would happen 20 minutes ago” and “Just a reminder, we’re leaving immediately on the 80th minute, I don’t want to get stuck in traffic”

For some reason this made me laugh the most. Like in life I'm a healthy(ish) mixture of a number of these.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For some reason this made me laugh the most. Like in life I'm a healthy(ish) mixture of a number of these.

Like a classic Club Sandwich?, oh yes, now that's you...:D

(It's so hard to sound benign on this forum, haha, but that is said most sincerely BTW) 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I was being facetious as you wrote ‘full back’ I/o CB .....Chelsea bought our F/B ......

OK mate , I meant slabhead as he was the one who told Greek police. Do you know who i am. I never thought he made a cb ,too immobile.