Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

We need to replicate the Spurs game and be controlled when going forward because ManU love to break but struggle breaking teams down. Somebody (Ndidi) needs to physically blind side Bruno and dump him on his arse. We've seen that he gets freaked and starts playing within himself when he's had an early scare. ManU play tomorrow so for a change we've had a week (minus christmas) to prepare. I hope BR makes it count.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Don't forget they may well be putting their second string out, as well. If not, they will be fatigued after playing 2 days before.

As someone else said, we made wholesale changes last year and beat West Ham away.

Open letter to the football gods: I fully appreciate that you've been very generous to us lately. I can't thank you enough for the league position, win against Spurs and new training ground. However, I have one small favour to ask. Please, please, please let us win this one. I hate Man Utd and the 5-3 was a long time ago, now. Ruining their Boxing Day is all I want for Christmas. Some videos of glory-grabbers soaking their turkey sandwiches with tears would be the icing on the cake. If you can't manage that, then a half-decent reffing performance will suffice, I suppose. Thank you.

Palace have Villa on Boxing Day, so hopefully will field their first xi against them and play a second string v ours. Even if they played the full strength v us and villa, you'd hope fatigue might play a part and limit their running

I'm 100% certain wellmdonwhatbwe did v west ham.last year and field an entirely different team (did ward.play?)

• Like 1

Never truly confident against this lot but we are well overdue a result vs them and I think the new training ground will give the players a huge buzz, even if its just short term. A win would be phenomenal but can't say I believe it will happen as they just seem to spawn wins against us.

Same team as spurs for me. These are as capable as spurs in an attacking capacity but aren't as defensively strong. 

I'm not optimistic as traditionally we don't fare well on boxing day and traditionally we don't fare well against man utd. Its not all doom and gloom though as I wasn't optimistic for spurs, I'd a very bad feeling about the match and that went well, the opposite of my optimistic feeling towards the Liverpool game...

11 hours ago, gerblod said:

If we play the same controlled defence game we did against the Lillywhites, then there's nothing to fear. That was a true XI man game and, if they've caught on to how that clicks, then it will be a tight game in our favour. I honestly believe that City are a better team, man-for-man - it's up to them to believe in themselves, to dig in and deal with the initial onslaught in a disciplined way.

I'd prefer Ünder to start - to give them a bit of a guessing game and to test them out. I like the way he'll take a poke from distance. Fair play to Albrighton, but United's defence isn't as well-drilled as Spurs'. I'd love to see Slabhead lose his rag after being given the runaround.

N'Didi and Tielemans should be the key factors in this. It'll be interesting to see how BR and his crew have figured out how to deal with Fernandes.

I suspect, because it's United, they'll be well up for it.

Nothing gives the country more festive cheer than when United get a good stuffing. 

...I really do not see that it will be the case!!!

We have approached games against United with too much deference and set up poorly as to negate any belief in the team. We tend to be like rabbits in a headlight and we do not function in these games.

It is not a case of injuries or suspensions, just an approach that does not work and I hope we look to be more positive. So long as Maddison is not pushed out wide, at least we will be attempting to compete rather than the abject surrender that normally transpires.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Whatever, this forum is going to be fun.

We win: "Is Rodgers a direct descendant of Jesus?"

We lose: "The new strain of covid: Is Rodgers the source?"

A draw, on the other hand, might just break the space time continuum and blast us into a black hole to put us out of our misery. :ph34r:

Nah, for real though, it's quite remarkable we haven't drawn a game before Christmas. 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Utd will concede goals but going forward they are starting to really look dangerous

I predict goals and we’ll lose this one 

Agree with this. Can't see us winning. We will lose either 1-3 or 2-3 and we'll all wonder how we managed to lose a game we dominated. Par for the course Vs these ****ers. They will score one counter attack, one long ranger from out of the blue and of course a controversial penalty.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agree with this. Can't see us winning. We will lose either 1-3 or 2-3 and we'll all wonder how we managed to lose a game we dominated. Par for the course Vs these ****ers. They will score one counter attack, one long ranger from out of the blue and of course a controversial penalty.

Don't forget their set pieces!  They'll score from a corner or FK, too :P :( 

4 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

We need to replicate the Spurs game and be controlled when going forward because ManU love to break but struggle breaking teams down. Somebody (Ndidi) needs to physically blind side Bruno and dump him on his arse. We've seen that he gets freaked and starts playing within himself when he's had an early scare. ManU play tomorrow so for a change we've had a week (minus christmas) to prepare. I hope BR makes it count.

But we need to fit in the move to the new training center and all the extra time the players spend in the pool and sauna as they would not want to get out, finding the toilet, finding the equipment, touring the place and perhaps a bit of a welcoming party. The lads will be busy.

I’d be worried about putting out a strong team for Utd and losing anyway as we seem to do against these, and then putting out a weakened team against Palace and losing that as well. Not sure what the answer is, but definitely need a strong enough team against Palace to win.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Sad 1