Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

Think I heard somewhere that united have won 13 away games in a row against English top flight opposition, so they are set up to play on the counter. We took a brilliant approach to the spurs game where we looked to stop their counters with the high press and I think it needs to be something similar against united with Bruno being man marked as he is their creative spark and leaving as little space in behind as possible for the likes of rashford and martial. 

• Like 2

Mark Lawrenson, Merse and Sky Sports tipster all predicting us to lose. Merson even wrote about the fixture and only mentions the word Leicester once. All focus on United... that’s perfect for us. I just hope we’re not too defensive during the game. 

Also just seen this... 

I reckon it’ll be a close game between two sides who have recently had mixed results but still doing well. I think it’ll be the first draw of the season, 2-2

Edited by car1os

Leicester v Man Utd (12:30 GMT)

Both of these sides are much better on the road than they are at home - United have won all six of their away league games this season.

Leicester, meanwhile, have got half as many points at Walkers Stadium as they have on their travels - nine at home, compared to 18 away.

The Foxes' latest excellent away result came against Tottenham last weekend and, although there is a lot more to them than just one player, they are set up to get the best out of Jamie Vardy and they play to his strengths.

An in-form Vardy is hard for anyone to stop, but I look at United and I see a team that is just clicking into gear. I am backing them to make it seven away wins out of seven.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Mark Lawrenson, Merse and Sky Sports tipster all predicting us to lose. Merson even wrote about the fixture and only mentions the word Leicester once. All focus on United... that’s perfect for us. I just hope we’re not too defensive during the game. 

Also just seen this... 

I reckon it’ll be a close game between two sides who have recently had mixed results but still doing well. I think it’ll be the first draw of the season, 2-2

Sherwood said BR like to sit back and have his full back stay back lol Proof that certain pundits don't watch us or when they do its against big clubs and they don't actually know our identity and philosophy. 

Absolute state of our national sports media. Its not like we are a small insignificant club sitting 16th. We have been mixing it at the top end of the table ever since Rodgers arrived here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Sherwood said BR like to sit back and have his full back stay back lol Proof that certain pundits don't watch us or when they do its against big clubs and they don't actually know our identity and philosophy. 

Absolute state of our national sports media. Its not like we are a small insignificant club sitting 16th. We have been mixing it at the top end of the table ever since Rodgers arrived here.

Even funnier when all the praise justin and castagne have had this season is how much they like to get forward lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Bruno Fernandes is their best player by far. He got them out of the dirt last season by himself.

Can't afford Fernandes... (Only have 9.8M to spare and he's worth 11M.)  (I guess Rashford it is, then...)

Edited by PhillippaT

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Both of these sides are much better on the road than they are at home - United have won all six of their away league games this season.

Leicester, meanwhile, have got half as many points at Walkers Stadium as they have on their travels - nine at home, compared to 18 away.

The Foxes' latest excellent away result came against Tottenham last weekend and, although there is a lot more to them than just one player, they are set up to get the best out of Jamie Vardy and they play to his strengths.

An in-form Vardy is hard for anyone to stop, but I look at United and I see a team that is just clicking into gear. I am backing them to make it seven away wins out of seven.

lol 

I don't know why we're laughing at that. 

We're terrible at home against poor teams. 

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't know why we're laughing at that. 

We're terrible at home against poor teams. 

I probably didn't make it clear enough, but I was referring to Lawro still calling our ground the Walkers. Just about sums up his interest in us, bit pedantic I know. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I probably didn't make it clear enough, but I was referring to Lawro still calling our ground the Walkers. Just about sums up his interest in us, bit pedantic I know. 

He probably thinks our references to Top still refers to tiles :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It isn’t pedantic, it’s his job to know basics like this..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

lol 

I was gonna say surely they employ a decent editor but even the best of editors would give up if they got given Lawro and Garth Crooks' articles.

This forum is known for drastic overestimation of opposition. The reality is, that we are by far a better team than Leicester, and we have won how many away games in a row in England?

From the same guy

but it’s not the reason to lowball our own team and to be scared of mere Leicester.

We have good form, we rotated heavily, we don’t have injury problems (maybe McTominay, but he can be replaced), we play away (good thing for us this season)...There are simply no objective reasons to be afraid ahead of this game.

These sort people piss me off when they say the likes of Leicester, it’s merely Leicester, doesn’t he realise how far we have come

To be fair to the majority of the posters on Redcafe, they know how tough this game is going to be and we’re getting the respect we deserve these days.

Even though I don't think we will win tommorow man utd are not that good away from home yes they have won how many in a row but if Southampton had defended there 2nil lead better man utd would not have won that game. Ole is a shite manager not done nothing at all in his tenure with the money they have spent. Overrated team come City stick it up them 

Leicester City

• Leicester have lost five of their six Premier League games on Boxing Day since being promoted in 2014, with their only victory coming against Manchester City in 2018.
  • The Foxes have already suffered four home league defeats in 2020-21, equalling their final total for last season.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored 43 Premier League goals since Brendan Rodgers' first match as Leicester manager in March 2019, more than any other player during this period.
  • Vardy has failed to score in all six of his appearances for Leicester on Boxing Day.

Manchester United

• The Reds have won six consecutive top-flight away games despite conceding first in each fixture - prior to this run, no Premier League side had come from behind to win more than three consecutive away matches.
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have scored at least two goals in each of their last 10 away league matches, three short of the top-flight record.
  • United's total of 18 points away from home this season is a joint high with Leicester, who have played a game more on the road.
  • They have won 21 Premier League matches on Boxing Day, more than any other side, with their only defeats on that date coming against Middlesbrough in 2002 and Stoke in 2015.
  • Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in half of Manchester United's Premier League goals since his debut in February, scoring 17 goals and assisting 12.

3 hours ago, dayday said:

This forum is known for drastic overestimation of opposition. The reality is, that we are by far a better team than Leicester, and we have won how many away games in a row in England?

From the same guy

but it’s not the reason to lowball our own team and to be scared of mere Leicester.

We have good form, we rotated heavily, we don’t have injury problems (maybe McTominay, but he can be replaced), we play away (good thing for us this season)...There are simply no objective reasons to be afraid ahead of this game.

These sort people piss me off when they say the likes of Leicester, it’s merely Leicester, doesn’t he realise how far we have come

To be fair to the majority of the posters on Redcafe, they know how tough this game is going to be and we’re getting the respect we deserve these days.

To be fair a lot of LCFC say the same things about teams like Fulham etc.

A sense of entitlement run deep in most football fans, of many clubs, including ours.

• Like 2