Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

Approach this in the same way that we did the spurs Match, start with the same team.  I would love to see more of Under, as he looks a talent and he is probably getting frustrated at the lack of minutes, but for me this is a game for Sharkey. Him and JJ really took it spurs bit did the hard yards too when needed and that is what we will need to do to get a result here. Personally, i would be tempted to bring Under on for Barnes later on and possibly switch Marc over to the left. We could also switch Timmy and JJ which would really confuse them, or if Ricardo is fit, perhaps bring him on for Castagne after 60 with JJ moving over.

Off topic but reading that last sentence again has made me realise that we probably have the best perm any 2 out of 3 full back combinations in the league. All of them can play on either side, can defend and are a real threat going forward. Happy days!

19 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I would be immensely pleased with a draw, these guys lately seem to cheese us so well every time.

Pretty much the only club left standing that we haven't had a decent result against in the last few years. I think it'll be a high scoring draw.

• Like 1

The eternal pessimist that makes me a Leicester fan sees nothing but a defeat. 

Their away form coupled with our home form points to an away win.

This all depends on how they set up. If they come like Villa, West Ham or Fulham we won't win. If they come like Man U, we're in with a chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

I do wonder when Soyunco is fit if he gets in the side! Unless we go to a back 3 with Evans and Fofana with Castagne and Ricardo on the wings? Right now, I wouldn’t drop Fofana though might consider resting Evans here and there?

I think BR said that Cags is ready and would play in one of the next two . Cags performance against Palace last season was utterly superb - best I’ve seen him play. Be tempted to keep the Spurs side for MU and use him to give either Evans or Wes the day off 

Just now, surrifox said:

I think BR said that Cags is ready and would play in one of the next two . Cags performance against Palace last season was utterly superb - best I’ve seen him play. Be tempted to keep the Spurs side for MU and use him to give either Evans or Wes the day off against palace

Not confident at all. Think we're gonna need to score twice to even manage a draw. The combination of our awful defending at corners and a former player who's good in the air only points to one thing and then of course theres the regulation Man Utd penalty as well. Initially we should really go at them as they are generally pretty awful at the start of games but after 15 mins play exclusively on the counter. 

Hope it's a strong-minded referee for this one and doesn't take the likes of Fernandes and Rashford's possible usual antics lightly.

This will be a good test for the defence, even more than on Sunday.

Perhaps play deep and play on the counter?

Can't imagine them sitting back, as Ole only seems to play one direct way.

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Not confident at all. Think we're gonna need to score twice to even manage a draw. The combination of our awful defending at corners and a former player who's good in the air only points to one thing and then of course theres the regulation Man Utd penalty as well. Initially we should really go at them as they are generally pretty awful at the start of games but after 15 mins play exclusively on the counter. 

We will   leave Allbrighton out at our peril  aswe lost 3 in a row without him

• Like 2

Same Team against Spurs, and set up, swap Barnes for Under at Half time.

Need to watch the lightning start Man Utd had against Leeds, seriously dont want that happening to the Foxes, need to be quick out the blocks like we were against Spurs. 

• Like 1

Biggest worry is how we approach it.  Both teams would prefer to play on the break and I actually think it will be a tight game.  We need to not give away any stupid fouls in the box as we know Man U will be given a penalty for a gust of wind blowing someone over, and I think we need to ensure no easy runs through our defence (like we let Brighton do) as they will punish us.  I quite like the thought of the same XI as Spurs starting and keeping it very tight, and doing what we did to Son on Rashford.  Their other threat then is Fernandes who Wilf can marshal. 

We should hopefully create some chances as they are quite loose at the back but need to ensure we don’t commit too many bodies forward. 

Should be an interesting game, our right side is now our best I think and their left side is their best, so whoever wins that might get the edge 

Slightly amused by latest LCFC  release "Rodgers eyes Consistency". Don't we all. Wonderful results away v Leeds, Man City, and Spurs and in Europe ; contrasted with home defeats by Fulham ,Everton etc. I feel consistency is a managerial reponsibility.

I am pretty happy with where Brendan has managed to place us, no complaints at all , but can't help but wonder where we could be given a little consistency. Its been a crazy season for most of the really big teams but we seem more inconsistent than most.

They have a lot of players who throw themselves on the ground at the slightest touch so will almost certainly con the referee into awarding a number of free kicks which are not. Set pieces are a weakness for us so we must not give away free kicks anywhere near our box.

We can win but our record against them is poor. First goal will be vital. They get it and we are chasing against a very good counter attack team.

Edited by reynard

44 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Slightly amused by latest LCFC  release "Rodgers eyes Consistency". Don't we all. Wonderful results away v Leeds, Man City, and Spurs and in Europe ; contrasted with home defeats by Fulham ,Everton etc. I feel consistency is a managerial reponsibility.

I am pretty happy with where Brendan has managed to place us, no complaints at all , but can't help but wonder where we could be given a little consistency. Its been a crazy season for most of the really big teams but we seem more inconsistent than most.

We're not more inconsistent than most when we're second....

Everyone is struggling with it. Go through each team's results from the top 8 last season 

Edited by Stevosevic

We know they have lightning pace up front but with the Oil Tanker at the back we can get at them too.  Could be a few goals in this one. Just do not show them respect.  Have a go!