Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I’d bring Perez on for albrighton. Change it round put Barnes on the right and play Perez thru the middle. Something Newcastle wouldn’t expect. Gotta try a different approach. 

Who goes on the left then? 

4 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Terrible tempo which has allowed Newcastle to get a foothold in the game. 

They will run the clock down, play act and wait for their chance. 

We must get the ball moving a hell of a lot quicker or else we'll feck this up. 

Move Youri further up where hell effect the game more

Spot on and my sentiments - there are no excuses this week - they played on Wednesday, we played on Monday so we should be running them ragged. 

We’ve seen this so many times before. Slow, ponderous build up against a team sitting back in numbers waiting for us to misplace a pass in a dangerous position. Unproductive set pieces. No shots on target. Too many players not performing.

Well at least we’re not losing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to mention, but Timmy on the left is nowhere near Timmy on the right - at least so far (hard to know if injury is playing any part). He’s just not in the game on at all - I’d seriously consider swapping him and JJ

Well Timmy was brought in to play on the left (you'd assume with a fully fit Ricky) so he better start getting near Timmy on the right

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

"Goalless at half time, have you enjoyed that?"

Roy Keane: "No, I think it's been dreadful."

Pretty much sums it up!

What did he think Bruce was going to come out and play tiki-taka. This is exactly the physical battle I expected. Everyone bitches about us not being physical enough and and we're going head to head with them. Good on the ref not favoring either side.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I’d bring Perez on for albrighton. Change it round put Barnes on the right and play Perez thru the middle. Something Newcastle wouldn’t expect. Gotta try a different approach. 

Yes, agreed - they have coped easily with what we have had to throw so far. A change up needed - and not before we may go  a goal down please Brendan,