Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

Maddison/Barnes well off it that 1st half. They need to give themselves a slap. Broke down with them doing basic stuff time and time again. Fair enough lose the ball doing something risky but there’s been too many mis controls, heavy touches and wayward passes from the team and especially these two.

Edited by funkyrobot

Just now, kristianity77 said:

Well I think with zero shots on target and virtually nothing in the final third apart from Vardys offside goal is indeed dreadful. 

You’ve really not got a clue what dreadful is then I’m afraid. Comfortable at the back, looking good on the ball and created 3 or 4 half chances, they haven’t looked like scoring at all. 
Im not saying it’s perfect, but not even close to dreadful. Not sure when you’re clearly the best team in a game the performance can be described as dreadful.

• Like 1

Newcastle are forcing us to play their way. This is suiting them down to the ground. We need to move the ball quicker and pull them out of position, and if one of them goes down just keep playing until the ref blows his whistle.

Steve Bruce will be loving this so far. It's time to unsettle them.

Very poor and slow, the first half against palace was infinitely better than that.

Im not saying that team is better but that team got a load of stick but when you compare it to this half it doesn’t look so bad.

We’ve been pedestrian and look like we’re lacking ideas. So boring from both teams!

We' ve done ok...but like many 1st half performances, we Move the ball Too slow....

Barnes channels have to be opened up & played to....I

we have Let Newcastle off the hook,by Not commiting to the Front foot..

Not enough  attacking the P.Box 

Edited by fuchsntf

Need another attacking player ahead of Maddison to occupy their defenders. Vardy running by himself is easy for them with their tactics. Under might change that but only from wide. Perez would be a good player I think but not sure who he gets brought on for. 

Worst game I've seen for a while. Need to show some desire if they're gonna get the win today. Albrighton is ineffective, Teilemans can't get started and Maddison non-existent. Can't see us being that bad again second half but would take a1-0 win on that first half showing. 

Edited by l444ry