Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

What a terrible half of football. Too slow on the ball. No urgency to get the game going. (How long does it take kasper to take a goal kick!) not getting enough people forward when we attack. They waste more time than a Tony pulls side. 

1 minute ago, SAFC1 said:

Leicester have been shit, do they even wanna win the game? Newcastle comfortable. 

How have they been shit? Better chances and created more than Newcastle? Hardly say Newcastle have been comfortable as they've worked hard and defended reasonably well. 

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Perfect assesment for the game actually comes from the Malaysian sports channel Astro.

Their commentator said The Liecester displaying predictable and usual game plan.

Even Malaysians got it.

They get very little correct in their part of the World.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I wish they’d pause the clock, so we actually get 90 minutes of actual football per match. It would change the game so much. 

Such an obvious change, but I guess the downside is that we would need to play with a funny looking ball

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I meant when he is deep. Vardy makes the run but if Albrighton crosses early Vardy is too far from where the cross ends up. 

Mountains and molehills comes to mind anyway. 

Yeah I get what you mean now. Just frustrating 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Not a bad half, clearly the better side and we’ve created 3 or 4 half chances. 
The referee is very frustrating, and someone will get a serious injury today if he doesn’t get a grip of the tackles flying in.

Maddison playing well, everyone else can go up a gear or two, we keep going.

Thought exactly the same with those tackles from Newcastle going in and he’s doing nothing ?

It's not easy playing against such a negative set up but other than a okish start we've rubbish, far to slow and problems we've all seen before against a packed defence. Maddison is lively when he gets it but he doesn't do enough to make sure he has the ball. Never a game for Albrighton, need players in the box.

No need to panic though, we just have to get quality right and we'll score.