Jump to content
StanSP

FA Cup - 4th & 5th Round Draw

Recommended Posts

Happy with that draw, Brentford are a Championship side and we are in the top 3 of the PL. Won't be easy but given some of the teams left in the draw when that was selected it's not bad at all. We are also exceptional away from home this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What are the likely 8 teams in the QF then? Assuming no upsets. 

 

Think I read one of Man Utd or Liverpool are out as well as Arsenal or Wolves.

Leicester

Man City

Tottenham

Chelsea

Wolves/Arsenal

Sheffield United

Man U/Liverpool

Burnley

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Happy with that draw, Brentford are a Championship side and we are in the top 3 of the PL. Won't be easy but given some of the teams left in the draw when that was selected it's not bad at all. We are also exceptional away from home this season.

Feels like a game where we won't be able to rest Vardy if we wanna progress but yeah it's certainly favourable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, barnacle said:

Wasn't V Stoke

 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Absolutely no chance from us.

 

We'll be fielding the strongest team possible - mark my words. 

 

 

Look at the fixture list gents. Stoke game was ideal for us having a week before our next game so could easily play a strong XI. 

Our game v Brentford will be carbon copy from last year’s game team selection wise. During a difficult month and in-between our games v Chelsea and Everton. Perfect opportunity for Brendan to rest a few players for the important top 4 run in. 

Also, they’re flying in the championship and will rest some of their big hitters. There’ll be a mutual understanding from both managers that the counterpart will rest players which will suit them both. Be gobsmacked if we played 11 first teamers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Link to post
Share on other sites

read comments on here before watchin the draw. Was expecting dead rubbers but were playing one of the most talented sides in the championship and probably a prem side. 

 

Not as easy a path as much of the cakewalk you nods made me think it was going to be. 

 

Overall though good draws. Man city and Chelsea are the only big boys youd put your house on being in the next pot 

 

I was gutted watching newport lose the shoot out yesterday... now im really annoyed

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm desperate for us to win it but the thought of an empty Wembley and having to watch us in the final on TV saddens me. 

Not necessarily. Might be open to vaccinated old fogies. In other words, 80% of our away following 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

read comments on here before watchin the draw. Was expecting dead rubbers but were playing one of the most talented sides in the championship and probably a prem side. 

 

Not as easy a path as much of the cakewalk you nods made me think it was going to be. 

 

Overall though good draws. Man city and Chelsea are the only big boys youd put your house on being in the next pot 

I agree. But if you intend to win it, you really do need to beat brentford and Brighton 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Not necessarily. Might be open to vaccinated old fogies. In other words, 80% of our away following 

Christ I can smell the man fart from here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Webbo said:
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Bournemouth

Liverpool

Millwall

Wolves

Chelsea

Tottenham

Man city

Leicester 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Webbo said:
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Fulham

Man Utd

Plymouth

southampton 

Norwich

Everton

Man City

Leicester

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxxed said:

Brentford are a decent side. They could cause an upset.

Depends. We thought that last year and they played their B Team. They’re up for promotion again so might do the same? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Webbo said:
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Fulham

Man U

Sheff U

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Feels like a game where we won't be able to rest Vardy if we wanna progress but yeah it's certainly favourable 

Rested him last year, but I know what you mean. I'd still expect us to overpower them with a similar team to what we picked on Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A very capable team but a more than winnable fixture if we treat it with the respect it deserves. The main thing is that we have avoided one of the other 'Big Teams' but on the same note, not sure this is a fixture where you would be wanting to rest the stars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Depends. We thought that last year and they played their B Team. They’re up for promotion again so might do the same? 

They may do. They looked good when I watched them last. We could rock up arrogantly and find we’re not the best team on the pitch. This could even happen if they field their b team. I hate it when it’s clear we see ourselves better than a lower league team, hardly put in a shift, and find our skills have been undone by their togetherness and work ethic. It’s disrespectful to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...