Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup - 4th & 5th Round Draw

Just now, Foxxed said:

They may do. They looked good when I watched them last. We could rock up arrogantly and find we’re not the best team on the pitch. This could even happen if they field their b team. I hate it when it’s clear we see ourselves better than a lower league team, hardly put in a shift, and find our skills have been undone by their togetherness and work ethic. It’s disrespectful to them.

Aye... like we did against Stoke? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Webbo said:
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Barnsley

Blackpool

Brentford

Burnley

Chelsea

Cheltenham

Chorley

Crawley

In that order.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:
  • Pick the last 8, see who's nearest.
  • Fulham or Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth or Crawley Town
  • Man Utd or Liverpool vs Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
  • Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall or Bristol City
  • Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton or Shrewsbury Town or Arsenal
  • Barnsley or Norwich City vs Chelsea or Luton Town
  • Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham Hotspur
  • Swansea City or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham Town or Man City
  • Brentford or Leicester City vs Brighton or Blackpool

I'll go;

Bournemouth

ManU

Millwall

Soton

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

Leicester.

Burnley

Man U

Millwall

Arsenal

Norwich

Everton

Man City

Leicester

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

They may do. They looked good when I watched them last. We could rock up arrogantly and find we’re not the best team on the pitch. This could even happen if they field their b team. I hate it when it’s clear we see ourselves better than a lower league team, hardly put in a shift, and find our skills have been undone by their togetherness and work ethic. It’s disrespectful to them.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Somewhat strangely I think exactly the same way i.e .my thoughts are similar.Although I have n't watched Brentford.

Edited by Alan Frost

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Depends. We thought that last year and they played their B Team. They’re up for promotion again so might do the same? 

We've just had a good run in reaching the Carabao cup semi-finals against Spurs, beating 4 Prem clubs on the way, and that loss was our first one in 17 games, I think with this draw we will play a good mixture of the first team and B team players, You're right we are gunning for promotion again after falling at the last hurdle in the Final against Fulham therefore promotion has to be our top priority now, I still think we will give you a run whatever team we put out.

Should be a good match against two teams who like to play good to watch attacking football, Our lads will be up for it to try and reverse last years result, you never know we might just surprise you this time round, Cup games can produce some strange results as we all saw at the weekend!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

Cant complain from our perspective. The only downside is that apart from Man Utd and Liverpool the bigger teams have an easyish run.

Not really.

The toughest team in our path is Brighton.

Tottenham is Everton.

Arsenal is Southampton.

Man city and Chelsea only have the better Championship clubs to beat but I'm happy with the draw over all as we'll definitely see one "big six" club fall but most likely two. If we get to the QF then four of the seven being "big six" clubs is fair enough. 

The game could be in doubt now, The breaking news is that our next two games 13th & 19th have just been postponed due to a outbreak of Covid-19 in our camp, so it's possible it might be rescheduled if it gets any worse, or they might make us play with what players we can put together, not satisfactory but understandable in these difficult times, if this gets any worse I can see ALL elite sport being suspended. 

I agree,  As the national situation is getting more and more worrying, and the virus is beginning to infiltrate numerous  football clubs,  I think that it's approaching that moment when fixtures will have to be suspended.  Hope not.  As you say, this tie in particular looks intriguing.

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I agree,  As the national situation is getting more and more worrying, and the virus is beginning to infiltrate numerous  football clubs,  I think that it's approaching that moment when fixtures will have to be suspended.  Hope not.  As you say, this tie in particular looks intriguing.

Yes, It looks a good tie on paper, with two of the best attacking teams in their respective Divisions, look forward to it when it eventually gets played.