Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I wouldn't say we played poorly at all. Yes, we had some sloppy moments but it wasn't a poor performance.

I really enjoyed the game, both sides going for it, at times we played some very pretty stuff as we often do.

I'd have to disagree,  I thought we played poorly. On another day, Vardy would have bagged 5.

Youri was absent, Castange average, Barnes hot / cold, Maddison average.

I think we were made to look slightly better than we were due to Southampton also having an off day with key players like Ward-Prowse also being none existent. 

I felt our overall passing was very sloppy, through balls without pace,  a lot of backwards passing etc.

It's not a complaint,  far from it, it was a cracking result, I just felt both teams were poor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I'd have to disagree,  I thought we played poorly. On another day, Vardy would have bagged 5.

I think we were made to look slightly better than we were due to Southampton also having an off day with key players like Ward-Prowse also being none existent. 

I felt our overall passing was very sloppy, through balls without pace,  a lot of backwards passing etc.

It's not a complaint,  far from it, it was a cracking result, I just felt both teams were poor.

We Couldnt of been that bad..!! Just Think what you First said..!!!

We must of had at least 7 Top moves...with The 2 goals & Vardy's chances.....

We created a fair few....This must mean we must of played well & had more than our  moments.

Like BRodgers said, at First we started too passevily, but improved in the 2nd Part of the game..!!

Football ,is a game that gives you all types of twists & turns...If Vardy could have Bagged five,

Then we must of done something right....

17 hours ago, Mendi said:

Now, after that performance, will the sports journalists start taking the Foxes seriously. Outstanding.

No,  just let them forget about the unwelcome guests and keep patronising us, think that would suit us fine. We are about as welcome as a fart in a lift, we are not meant to be shoving our noses in, let`s leave it that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Vardy is usually unselfish for a striker. I  hope BR has a quiet word with Perez. It was a glaring example of selfishness IMO in contrast to the goals at Stoke.

Yeah, he usually is, but he wasn't in that instance. If you're going to isolate Perez' situation, then you could do the same for Vardy's chance. It's double standards, that's all I'm saying.

Edit: Imagine the flaming Kelechi or Perez would get if they had seven shots and didn't score...

Edited by shen

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, he usually is, but he wasn't in that instance. If you're going to isolate Perez' situation, then you could do the same for Vardy's chance. It's double standards, that's all I'm saying.

Edit: Imagine the flaming Kelechi or Perez would get if they had seven shots and didn't score...

They would have got a lot of stick, because they consistently miss chances. Vardy it was an off day for him. 

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They would have got a lot of stick, because they consistently miss chances. Vardy it was an off day for him. 

Yeah, I get that Vardy has credit in the bank, but when Vardy has a day like this, it seems weird to pick on Ayoze or Kelechi.

It smacks of hypocrisy.

35 minutes ago, shen said:

Well I admit to double standards. My thought chain for Vardy runs No Vardy--no 2015/6--no europe--no BR--cost £1m--loyal --works hard. For Perez it goes. Cost £30m--and not much else. I'd like to think my thouht chains are not set in concrete and could change. I won't list my thought chains for Iheanaco but they would need a few more words along the lines That BR should tell him  " Look son , you either improve your commitment to the team on and off the training pitch and pitch or you move on or we move you on. I would prefer you become a valued player  but its up to you." He does n't have to be nasty about it but thats how it looks to me personally. Football is a tough game with overly large rewards for players but LCFC is not a charity. I have no dislike of Iheanacho and hope he would react positively. I think he must have talent but must also show commitment and work.

Edited by Alan Frost

5 minutes ago, barnacle said:

That was a very good win, thought the 2 CMs were excellent, under great strain up until we scored. If Soy coming on was a tactical change, are we to assume that Forfana is third choice CB?

No - it's because he was on a yellow and BR saw him pull out of a challenge.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No - it's because he was on a yellow and BR saw him pull out of a challenge.

Good catch. I thought it was his knee. But thats what I get for listening to Steve McManaman :frusty:

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Youri 2 assists, Barnes goal Maddison goal. Shit pitch did not help both sides but it was entertaining.

5 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

If you want to convince us he was off side why chose a photo that shows him onside? I'm inclined by common sense to say he 's offside and all linesmen would give him offside but VAR says he's onside. Either you or I need an eye test. I think the point is he should have passed, offside or onside.. It was n't a knee capping offence but BR should have a word. Strikers reluctance to pass costs a lot of goals and Perez IMO never looks around enough so he might have erred in ignorance  instead of selfishness. Vardy by contrast is often selfless ,and has earned the right to be selfish occasionally  For Perez another offence should result in at least a knee capping,and for a further offence, beheading.  

....I believe he was responding to @HighPeakFox, and the clip was to emphasize his belief that the player was onside!!!

Not sure how looking at that, and if the still was taken at the point the pass was released, this is not proof that he was clearly onside.

All strikers have instincts and they are perfectly entitled to go for goal in a moment they believe that they can score. Mahrez was a player who regularly took the shooting opportunity, instead of the lay off to Vardy, the thing was, Mahrez pulled it off time and time again.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I believe he was responding to @HighPeakFox, and the clip was to emphasize his belief that the player was onside!!!

Not sure how looking at that, and if the still was taken at the point the pass was released, this is not proof that he was clearly onside.

All strikers have instincts and they are perfectly entitled to go for goal in a moment they believe that they can score. Mahrez was a player who regularly took the shooting opportunity, instead of the lay off to Vardy, the thing was, Mahrez pulled it off time and time again.

Correct, he was. I'm slightly alarmed to see talk of beheading for a bad decision, but I'll assume it's a hyperbolic joke.

14 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Quite possibly the worst post I’ve ever read!

It was arguably the game of the entire season from us and you thought we played ‘poorly’. I really wonder what you were watching or question if you understand football if you honestly think that and arnt trolling?

The first 20-25 minutes Southampton were pressing hard and played fantastically and we didn’t wilt. It was a high quality game, played at a fantastic tempo and we fought like lions.

Watch some of the games back that we lost and see the difference.

Id argue it was probably the best performance of the season and maybe the best since late 2019, yet you think we were poor 🤣🤣🤣

12 hours ago, shen said:

Yeah, I get that Vardy has credit in the bank, but when Vardy has a day like this, it seems weird to pick on Ayoze or Kelechi.

It smacks of hypocrisy.

I think it’s the level of selfishness Perez showed. You get moments where it should be passed but it’s not 100%. For Perez to not pass in that situation is absolutely mental and he deserves to be slammed. There’s no excuse for that, it’s a free goal.

17 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Contradicting yourself there. How can a side play poorly but create 5 good chances for their striker that he should of scored? 

We weren't at our free flowing best, but We defended well, created loads of chances and won 2 nil against what was the 5th place side. If you think that's a poor performance then you seriously need to think about lowering your expectations. 

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It was arguably the game of the entire season from us and you thought we played ‘poorly’. I really wonder what you were watching or question if you understand football if you honestly think that and arnt trolling?

The first 20-25 minutes Southampton were pressing hard and played fantastically and we didn’t wilt. It was a high quality game, played at a fantastic tempo and we fought like lions.

Id argue it was probably the best performance of the season and maybe the best since late 2019, yet you think we were poor 🤣🤣🤣

I think it’s the level of selfishness Perez showed. You get moments where it should be passed but it’s not 100%. For Perez to not pass in that situation is absolutely mental and he deserves to be slammed. There’s no excuse for that, it’s a free goal.

It's hard to ask attacking players who aren't in the side not to be greedy he would have been desperate to make an impression on the manager and get back in the side. The irony being vardy is actually quite unselfish in those positions and probably would have passed if the roles were reversed. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think you watched a different game!

The first 20-25 minutes weren't great - the passing was sloppy and I think we struggled with just how muddy and stodgy the pitch was. But after that we did improve. And improved at a quicker rate than Southampton did. As Hassenhuttl said afterwards, our quality shone in the end.

Youri absent is an interesting take. Can't get on board with that at all!

I think I need to watch it back, because I didn’t enjoy the game at all and found it a horrible watch, and I didn’t think we were great at all. The number of forced and unforced errors seemed ridiculously high (from both sides).

We were awful for the first 25 minutes, which is nearly a third of the game let’s not forget. They had far too much time and space and the defence barely seemed to know where their attackers were.

Yeah we improved at the match went on, but don’t think we got anywhere close to the levels we can do.

I’ve seen plenty of people saying different though, so understand it might have been the stinking mood I was ha ha.

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Let's face it, Southampton were dross, regardless of their league position.

You really think that if we played the way we did, we would still have beaten a team that played well?

If we play like that on Tuesday we'll get mauled.

It was two teams playing poorly, we just played less poor.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think I need to watch it back, because I didn’t enjoy the game at all and found it a horrible watch, and I didn’t think we were great at all. The number of forced and unforced errors seemed ridiculously high (from both sides).

We were awful for the first 25 minutes, which is nearly a third of the game let’s not forget. They had far too much time and space and the defence barely seemed to know where their attackers were.

Yeah we improved at the match went on, but don’t think we got anywhere close to the levels we can do.

I’ve seen plenty of people saying different though, so understand it might have been the stinking mood I was ha ha.

Really weird game, I get the notion we didn't play well but what we did do in abundance over games where we have supposedly played better is... we created a significant amount of chances.

Very much like the Palace away game, although in that we started brilliantly and then were the instigators in our undoing in the middle of the game, on Saturday we started very poorly and then started to turn the screw as the game grew. We honestly should have scored 4 or 5 on Saturday and if anything it's really pleasing to see us start to create more, that was something we weren't doing when we were playing Sunday, Thursday, Sunday and you can't always expect to score 50%+ of the shots on target.

Another strange positive is that Vardy isn't scoring at the minute but other players are stepping up, notably Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans who between them are heavily involved with goals and assists and its adding to that fear factor of playing us.

Soyuncu and Ricardo have come back just at the right time to help us cope with the upcoming frenetic run of games, we could do with another attacking option and/or a versatile midfielder to plug the absence of Praet and I think we will cope with the pressures of 3 competitions. Rodgers is changing the mentality of this club and it's fantastic to see.

• Like 3