Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Comfortable in the end, good win with a solid, if unspectacular performance. Fofana was all over the place but when Soyuncu came on we tightened up and never looked in much danger.

Didnt think they were as good as BT’s fawning would have you believe. Yeah they press well and made it messy first half but didn’t have much end product at all

You missed those 3-5, Good Saves from Kasper, then ??

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Hope Perez gets a good dressing down for not setting up that absolute sitter for Vardy. I'm not convinced it was offside and he certainly didn't know the flag was up. Imagine if that had cost us the game. There is a time to be selfish but that was definitely not it, especially when you don't back it with putting the ball in the net.

Disagree, I think any striker 1v1 against the keeper should be backing himself to score. If he squares it great, though there’s still no guarantee of a goal but I’d never have a go at a striker for shooting in that situation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

Disagree, I think any striker 1v1 against the keeper should be backing himself to score. If he squares it great, though there’s still no guarantee of a goal but I’d never have a go at a striker for shooting in that situation. 

I speed read it as 'Hope Perez gets a good dressing gown'

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Regardless of your opinions of the new protocols, makes me proud to be on the front pages for the right reasons. Special club. 

6673C62E-90B4-4626-8E0F-544DE80DABB8.jpeg

You make it sound like we've just come off the back of La Manga. We are usually in the headlines for the right reasons 😂

59 minutes ago, turlo said:

Evans and Ndidi were our best performers today. 

Having moving pictures is great. I agree with the above with Albrighton not far behind. The defence as I'd expect were great.(I'm assuming Jonny Evans was sure their guy was offside when he pushed him). I'm not a real football expert and I can get worried but I was never in doubt we would win from the start although admittedly the first half was occasionally a bit hairy.(not as much as the match reports said). Even so its a football match and one=one would n't have been a total surprise even though 3-0 or 3-1 was about right and come to think of it I can't really think where they would have got their goal. They did come close and seemed to have had as many injuries as us to deal with. It was nice that two of our players who were slightly below their best got the goals.Madison with Xstal Palace (Zaha ?) like brilliance , and Barnes with the composure of the regular scorer he's becoming.  i always measure goals by how often out of ten they could do it. Barnes's 9/10 at least , Madison's 4 /10 :Zaha 1/10 which should make Kasper feel better. To volley that hard into that small a target seemed brilliant, I think skill plus a large amount of luck was involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Vardy had a great game to be fair. He got himself into opportunities he was not entitled to. He was let down by teammates with poor final pass (including that wonderful opportunity for a counter that Maddison squandered (compare to Tielemans’ pass to Barnes for the second!), a few misplaced passes from Barnes and a square pass Perez should have made (Perez was not offside)). 

Good points. I am probably being slightly critical of him but feel top form vardy would of put one of those away (even the chip is something you'd expect to have been in due to his hugely high standard)