Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

From the Premier League website.

"Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup."

Thanks for clarifying @UpTheLeagueFox, looks like he has one more game to walk the tightrope. We will definitely need him against Everton.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Thank God Wilf is a ball winner because anything on goal either ends up in Northampton or Derby dependent on which end he is playing towards. 

Don’t blame Wilf, blame the club.

They’re selling the scoreboard ads to the wrong sponsor.

34869455_KPTarget.PNG.ebd4229d48196d7f2d474ed2f4fa3904.PNG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, brucey said:

He also won the Belgian top division's Goal of the Season award for something very similar a few months before joining us.

To be fair, that was the only one for Leicester. All other ones went to row Z by a bit of a margin. Look forward to his next one though and hopefully not too many row Zs until then.

4 hours ago, Gwyn said:

This was a game we would have lost last year which shows we have learnt and improved on last year. We can now stay in a game and gradually impose ourselves in games, brilliant win.

I think we would have lost this three weeks ago.  Thoroughly professional and controlled performance.

I do think it's default these days that opposition teams are instructed to batter us early doors in terms of possession, second ball, press, energy etc, but last night showed how much we've learned to deal with it. Schmeichel, Evans and Fofana, in those opening 15 minutes did really well under the circumstances. Southampton smothered us. 

Youri's assists, incredible and Maddison took that goal expertly, almost as good as his celebration and post match chat. 

POTM for me was Schmeichel. Not just to be deliberately alternative, but he kept the defence tight and pulled off some great saves.

I know his distribution gets some stick, but so far this season his highs massively outweigh his lows. 

A highlights package of his first half of this season would look incredible and only the purists would be talking about his distribution after viewing it. 

Reading the talk of "are we in the title race?"

Yes, of course we are, along with 8 other teams at present. 

I'm fortunate that I can manage my expectations with Leicester easily these days, but one thing I would say is, to win the league again we need a keeper in the form that Schmeichel has shown us all season. 

A round of F***S for Schmeichel please. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Southampton are so good. Tactically brilliant and technically superb. Huge W tonight.

Steady on! Far too many people sucking them hard. They looked organised first half but very average second half.

3 months ago Leeds were getting sucked just as hard by everyone, yes, they run around a lot too. 
Relax a bit on the Ralph love in folks. 🙄

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Love to see Madders being interviewed. Highly articulate and entertaining, always has something interesting say. Shoe in as a pundit when he’s hung up his boots.

Highly Articulate? I’d replace the word them for those in every interview he gives for a start. 
Reasonably eloquent granted- highly articulate he isn’t. 

Edited by Ceirboy
  • Like 1

First of all fair play to Southampton. They were missing a lot of key players and gave it a good go. Clear to me that they put everything into getting the first goal knowing how hard we find breaking teams down. We did well to keep them at bay first 30 mins then grew into the game.

Last hour I thought we were excellent. Youri and Wilf are best midfield 2 in the league for me and sharky/Barnes did well on the flanks. Vardy had one of those days and hopefully his hip isn’t too bad and he’s ok for Tues. defensively I thought Jonny and JJ were great and BR made a brave call to switch centre backs shortly after HT. good to get some minutes under Cags belt and happy to see him slot back in like he’s never been away. Great selection headache to have.

thought Perez looked bright when he came on and was happy to see him given another chance in the 10 role. Definitely better suited there than wide.

only slight criticism is regarding madders. Clear to see he is a very very talented player but for me the one thing stopping him from being world class is how he slows the game down when we are in full flow. If he moved the ball quicker on occasion it would lead to more/better chances. That said he did have a good game and scored a belter so can’t complain too much!

on to Tuesday! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

They were missing Ings, Romeu, Redmond and Vestergaard. Their bench had an average of 12. First half they were the better side. Second half we tactically nullified them. 

Yes, so makes your original quote even more mystifying! 

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People obviously don't realise how football works. These lads train together, sleep in the same room, eat together, travel together, spend their free time together and sit in the changing rooms together. It's got piss all to do with not spreading COVID it's just to try and appease bet wetters like yourself. If it's that big of an issue then football should be stopped completely, COVID doesn't start suddenly spreading because you've scored a goal, even if it is a 30 yard screamer.

🤨🤡

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Love to see Madders being interviewed. Highly articulate and entertaining, always has something interesting say. Shoe in as a pundit when he’s hung up his boots.

I thought he spoke well and said what he needed to on this particular occasion but, I think describing Maddison as highly articulate may be stretching it a little. Very well taken goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He was offside wasn't he? So wouldn't have mattered if so? 

It was given offside but, of course, had we scored, it would have gone to VAR. Looked close on the replay, I reckon it could have stood 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He was offside wasn't he? So wouldn't have mattered if so? 

Was given as offside but was tight, might've been a shoulder off.

He could've squared it, but biggest mistake was the terrible finish. A shame because he did well when he came on and kept us on the front foot to get the second goal 

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If Jermaine Beckford and Clinton Morriston can be labelled as "pundits" then I'm sure Maddison could find some work somewhere.

Not forgetting our very own Matt Piper, who is as "Leicester" as you can get 😁😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes. But hey, he'll always be remembered for dribbling the ball 25 yards only to be completely blown off of it to the commentator's OTT yells of "McManaman.....ohhh" when playing for England. And never winning a PL title.

He's just jealous.

He did win two La Liga titles and might equally be remembered for that spectacular volley in the Champion's League Final which he also won twice.

He might be a one-eyed pundit, but he is one of the most decorated English players of recent times.

• Like 1