Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I can only hope you're a viralogist or epidemologist , which I doubt, or live a long way from me. I only got BT sport going just too late to watch the Japanese Knee Ceremony but I did n't mind missing the rugby scrum. Peoples' lives are at stake here, not to mention football continuing. We know what Bill Shankly might have joked about that but like Jock Stein, and Dalgleish he knew what was really important. Everyone knows how football works , its taken as a role model for many. Sorry but I think we have to wonder why Britain is running level with the third world in practically all the statistics.

Football should be cancelled then if lives are at stake like you say.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's ****ing ridiculous, we're a nation of absolute fannies and it makes zero sense from the COVID spreading perspective.

That point was because half the people who I've seen complaining about it on social media have absolutely zero idea that they're subject to tests every 24 or 48 hours (whatever the new protocol is) and have zero idea just how in contact with each other they are on a daily basis.

Fed up of hearing about this crap, just want to watch the game and enjoy it not be reminded of this shit on a 24/7 basis.

For someone who is calling people bed wetters and fannies, you seem awfully upset at the fact a bunch of grown men are being told not to hug each other.

If the Covid protocols were working we wouldn’t have games getting called off and players going into isolation left, right and centre.

15 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

For someone who is calling people bed wetters and fannies, you seem awfully upset at the fact a bunch of grown men are being told not to hug each other.

If the Covid protocols were working we wouldn’t have games getting called off and players going into isolation left, right and centre.

So either stop football or stop everything they're doing that's stopping the spread, don't allow them to line up together pre-match, don't allow them to touch the ball, don't allow them to swap shirts, don't allow them to sleep in the same room together when playing away, don't just pick one thing they do and say it's not acceptable but the rest of it is.

Anyway that'll be my last post on the matter, have a good evening all:beer:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Delighted. 

Let's get Vardy scoring from open play again and we'll be flying.

If we can get..Madders,Barnes & occasionally Tielemans, then like tonight...Vards , put the pressure on & chases those lost causes ( Not so often now)

but we Now have players that can also consistently find the net.have

we have had Now a few good games, where a few players, could of got MOTM...Also a Big point, when confirming   and valuing how well our squad is

progressing...

Hope Perez gets a good dressing down for not setting up that absolute sitter for Vardy. I'm not convinced it was offside and he certainly didn't know the flag was up. Imagine if that had cost us the game. There is a time to be selfish but that was definitely not it, especially when you don't back it with putting the ball in the net.

• Like 1

Cracking result. We created a good number of chances and could have had a few more. Defensively I think that's one of our best performances of the season. Second half in particular we were superb to a man. Ndidi was monstrous as per and two assists for Tielemans as well. Schmeichel's save from Bertrand didn't get the praise it deserved either.

A similar showing vs Chelsea on Tuesday night and we'll have made two huge fixtures really count. 

• Like 1