Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Brentford (a) Pre-Match (FA Cup)

Ward

Ricardo Armarty Soyuncu Thomas 

Under Choudhury Mendy Leshabela 

Perez 

Iheanacho 

Everton and rest for certain players has to be a priority for me. That isn't to say that we don't want to compete and I think that this team should be well capable of beating a championship side, helping in the regaining of fitness for some whilst giving players like Under, Leshabela, Armarty and Thomas a chance to impress.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

I would prioritise a Europa League or FA Cup win way above a top 4 finish.You don't win anything for finishing top 4.

We possibly have our best ever squad and arguably manager at the moment and in 20 years time you want to be talking about what they won, not that they finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th like we do with quite a few of our great historic teams. 

I hear you but players and potentially the manager would leave after an fa cup whereas a Europa league win or top 4 finish keeps the squad and manger here for at least another season and we can try to sustain that top four finish next season too 

• Sad 1

I think Brendan will make changes, for the Stoke game they had a week either side of  the game, this time we have played Chelsea on a Tuesday and Everton the following  Wednesday.  Stated that he wanted to keep them fit and match ready so that's why it was a near full strength side, this time players such as Ricky, Soyuncu, Thomas, Mendy (if fit) and Peter will play imho.

30 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ward

Ricardo Armarty Soyuncu Thomas 

Under Choudhury Mendy Leshabela 

Perez 

Iheanacho 

Everton and rest for certain players has to be a priority for me. That isn't to say that we don't want to compete and I think that this team should be well capable of beating a championship side, helping in the regaining of fitness for some whilst giving players like Under, Leshabela, Armarty and Thomas a chance to impress.

Brentford are a very good championship side and I’d expect them to beat that side at their place.

We went strong at Stoke and I expect the same, with some game time for those that need it (eg Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ünder) and a rest or bit of a rest for those needing that (eg Evans, JJ? Vardy, Tielemans).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

surprised nobody seems to want Fuchs to play as he has been excellent  when called upon

He was for a few games and then imo the games took there tole on him. He looked what he is mid 30 full back who sadly is getting slower. Thomas is the future and the only way he’s going to improve is playing games. That will give him experience that he needs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shane said:

Think we need to ease Ricardo into the team with sub appearances like we’ve done with Soyuncu.

Ward

Justin, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas

Choudhury, Mendy

Under, Perez, Barnes

Iheanacho

Hopefully there will be a couple u23s on the bench. Maybe Leshabela, Thanawat and Wakeling. Reckon Thanawat would be the most comfortable at slotting into this team. He’s got good technical ability and works hard off the ball. 

Wright and Hulme would both be ahead of Chitthawon in the pecking order.

11 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Btw Brentford might be a bit more rested or rusty against us since their 2 Covid positives (the head coach and 1 player) led to a postponement of their last 2 league games, 

Actually, Brentford's game against Luton today has gone ahead after all, so they'll have one less day of rest than us.

I think that this is going to be a really tough game. I'll be interested to see Ivan Toney as well. As much as I want to go far in the FA cup, I'm more interested in going for a title push / top 4.  I'm also really interested to see Brentford because I've watched them a little bit and would like to see them come up as well.

Here we go again. Lets change the team completely, possibly get beat & lose all our momentum. But it doesn't matter, it's only the Cup.

These are only young lads who love playing football & are as fit as fiddles & want to win things. This will be a very tough game, Brentford are an impressive team with an impressive manager. So we need to go strong, whilst I would not expect Vardy to play as he is obviously struggling & have no problem with Ricky & Cags starting, I do not want to see Hamza or Nacho anywhere near the team.

Let's get this game won & keep our great form going

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Brentford are a very good championship side and I’d expect them to beat that side at their place.

We went strong at Stoke and I expect the same, with some game time for those that need it (eg Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ünder) and a rest or bit of a rest for those needing that (eg Evans, JJ? Vardy, Tielemans).

Brentford are chasing an automatic promotion spot in the Championship, and if they beat Luton today they will be in 3d-place with a crucial game away at 2d-place Swansea barely 3 days after playing us. Doubtful they'll field a full-strength squad against us (and jeopardize a good shot at the EPL). 

Edited by NaijaFox