Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Brentford (a) Pre-Match (FA Cup)

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Praet’s injury really messes with our depth. 

It means we've lost our Maddison cover which means Perez is the one to play centrally which means we're down a winger of which we have barely any as it is.

• Like 1

Think we need to ease Ricardo into the team with sub appearances like we’ve done with Soyuncu.

Ward

Justin, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas

Choudhury, Mendy

Under, Perez, Barnes

Iheanacho

Hopefully there will be a couple u23s on the bench. Maybe Leshabela, Thanawat and Wakeling. Reckon Thanawat would be the most comfortable at slotting into this team. He’s got good technical ability and works hard off the ball. 

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Castagne Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi Tavares

Ricardo Perez Ünder

Iheanacho

Schmeichel played against Stoke so we're clearly wanting to put out a strong side. Doubt we'd revert back to Ward now unless Kasper feels he needs a rest (unlikely). If Ward does play, though, I'd be perfectly content with that.

Ricardo and Castagne both need minutes to get back to match fitness, but I'd also want to see Thomas get some game time (he'll find it tough now that the other 2 and Justin are all fit again). So Ricardo gets pushed up to RW.

Evans was a bit iffy against Chelsea so I'd rest him, and let Amartey/Soyuncu get some match fitness.

Feels like a good opportunity to convince Tavares of his value (if the club sees it that way) but I'd want Ndidi beside him who is a little bit more solid than Mendy, just for security. Choudhury instead of Tavares depending on what the club's plan is for either of them and what makes the most sense.

Perez/Ünder/Iheanacho are fairly straightforward picks.

I don't think there are any particular weak links even with our reserves, so plenty of opportunity for Brendan to alter and adjust based on things like fitness on the day. Most players seem pretty capable of just slotting in without too much bother.

Of those, only Schmeichel, Castagne (OR Ricardo) and Ndidi would be expected to start against Everton, so I think thats enough rotation to keep us competitive without risking the first XI for the league.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

I'm torn really. I want to take the cup seriously, but we can't afford any injuries to key players. We had the luxury of the week off after the Stoke game so was able to go pretty much full strength. 5 subs does allow us to go stronger and get them off, or start weaker and bring them on. 

I think we'll still see a handful of changes, Ndidi and Tielemans will start. If Thomas doesn't get a game here I'd be inclined to get him out on loan with a recall option, especially now Ricardo is back. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu 

Castagne 

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho

27 minutes ago, Xen said:

Schmeichel

Castagne Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi Tavares

Ricardo Perez Ünder

Iheanacho

Schmeichel played against Stoke so we're clearly wanting to put out a strong side. Doubt we'd revert back to Ward now unless Kasper feels he needs a rest (unlikely). If Ward does play, though, I'd be perfectly content with that.

Ricardo and Castagne both need minutes to get back to match fitness, but I'd also want to see Thomas get some game time (he'll find it tough now that the other 2 and Justin are all fit again). So Ricardo gets pushed up to RW.

Evans was a bit iffy against Chelsea so I'd rest him, and let Amartey/Soyuncu get some match fitness.

Feels like a good opportunity to convince Tavares of his value (if the club sees it that way) but I'd want Ndidi beside him who is a little bit more solid than Mendy, just for security. Choudhury instead of Tavares depending on what the club's plan is for either of them and what makes the most sense.

Perez/Ünder/Iheanacho are fairly straightforward picks.

I don't think there are any particular weak links even with our reserves, so plenty of opportunity for Brendan to alter and adjust based on things like fitness on the day. Most players seem pretty capable of just slotting in without too much bother.

Of those, only Schmeichel, Castagne (OR Ricardo) and Ndidi would be expected to start against Everton, so I think thats enough rotation to keep us competitive without risking the first XI for the league.

What game did you watch?

Evans was outstanding.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

What game did you watch?

Evans was outstanding.

Reading that back, I'm really not sure why I put that. Think I was remembering the rash not-a-penalty foul and misremembering some stuff from previous games and merging them together in a sleep-deprived haze, whilst also forgetting the good stuff lol 

I'd still rest him for Brentford, regardless. Of our first XI, he's probably the least likely to be recovered in time for Everton afterwards.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think we have to choose between the Europa league and the fa cup

priority is top four finish  - we can’t sustain that and trying to win both cups .....

I don't think we have to make that decision yet. We've got a pretty good route to the FA's quarters. We can play a mix of A and B team while resting important players (Vardy, Mads, JJ, etc) and should be competitive against Brentord and then Brighton (I'm not going to say win as nothing is given in football). In Europe we'll play strong teams here on out IMO because it's another route into the Champions League and has good financial bonuses for getting through each round (Last 32: 500,000. Last 16: 1.1 mil, QF: 1.5 mil, Semi:2.4 mil). Depending what everything looks like if we make the FA's QF then that decision might have to be made.  

• Like 1

Think that part of the reason for playing such a strong team v Stoke was that there would have been too big a gap between premier league matches and BR wanted to keep continuity.

so expect a few more changes this match.

Kasper

Amartey Morgan Soyuncu

Ricardo                                Thomas

Mendy  Hamza

Under      Nacho       Gray    

The biggest problem for me is the Tielemans role, he absolutely needs a rest, as does Maddison. 
Maddison is an easy one as Perez is a direct replacement, you can not replace Tielemans with Mendy or Choudhury and you can absolutely not play the two of those together in the same midfield.

Is it worth taking a punt on one of Suengchitthawon or Wright? Alongside Ndidi and Perez in the midfield could be a great opportunity for their development. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Given the Everton game a few days later (which is massive by the way), I can see us playing a few more of the reserves than we did against Stoke.

Ward

Justin Evans Soyuncu Thomas

Mendy Choudhury

Ricardo Perez Under

Iheanacho

Amartey for Evans and I agree.

Rest as many as possible for Everton. Question mark over who plays alongside Mendy as ideally would rest Youri but limited alternatives, so will probably end up playing him. We can use this second team with the odd tweak for the next 2 round of the cup and next round of the Europa League. 

Ward

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyüncü

Thomas

Mendy

????

Ünder

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think we have to choose between the Europa league and the fa cup

priority is top four finish  - we can’t sustain that and trying to win both cups .....

I would prioritise a Europa League or FA Cup win way above a top 4 finish.You don't win anything for finishing top 4.

We possibly have our best ever squad and arguably manager at the moment and in 20 years time you want to be talking about what they won, not that they finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th like we do with quite a few of our great historic teams. 

• Like 1