Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Brentford (a) Pre-Match (FA Cup)

Would go with essentially the starting XI vs Palace, with the following changes:

Ward for Kasper; Soyuncu for Evans; Ricardo for Justin: and Under for the injured Praet.

Ward

Ricardo (60-65 mins)

Amartey

Soyuncu

Thomas (or Fuchs)

Mendy (presuming he's recovered from his "sore neck")

Choudhury

Barnes (45-60 mins)

Perez

Under

Iheanacho

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 3

Make 9 changes. At least.

As much as I want us to win this to complete the set, we've got bigger fish to fry and the second string should have enough, although it'll be tough.

However, I don't think Brentford will go full strength. There's more important things for them, too.

Anything but extra time.

Leave Justin out, the lad has played almost every minute of every game, including internationals. I'd put out the bench options and reserves with 2 or 3 (probably Kasper and Maddison) regulars, but we've got 5 subs so should be able to bring on the first teamers if we need them. Annoying that Praet is injured, would have gotten the full 90 minutes here I imagine. Also expect to see Ricardo, he'll either start and get 60 minutes or so, or he'll be subbed on and get 30 minutes or so.

Would be nice to win but giving our squad options vital match minutes is important.

• Like 3

A really heavy schedule coming up in the next two months, I'd like to see us chance our arm with a reserve team to give the first XI a circuit break from playing twice a week.

Iheanacho

Barnes Perez Under

Choudhury Mendy

Thomas Soyuncu Amartey Ricardo

Ward

• Like 3

Certain starters: Under, Ricardo and Soyuncu

Certain to be rested: Vardy and Maddison 

The rest of the team is anyone’s guess. A bit different to Stoke as we have midweek games either side.

I would go

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyuncu 

Amrtey

Thomas/Fuchs

Ndidi

Take a risk and play a youngster in the Tielemans role.

Perez

Under 
Iheanacho

Barnes

They also play tomorrow night and the following mid week so I expect they will make a few changes too. 

• Like 1

I think with our draw, it’s a good chance to get to the QF. We should go for it.

There was no point playing a strong team vs Stoke and injuring Praet in the process if were going to gamble with a weak team against a team better than Stoke.

Id make a few changes but we need to keep the spine really.

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Justin
            Ndidi Tielemens
                  Perez

Albrighton Nacho Barnes

Rest - Evans, Castange, Vardy and Madders.

Try and rest Wilf and Tielemens. Better to start them than bring them on chasing the game.

Perez in the hole worth a go. Under to come on for Albrighton.

Its also a good chance to get Ricardo and Soyuncu some action.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Certain starters: Under, Ricardo and Soyuncu

Certain to be rested: Vardy and Maddison 

The rest of the team is anyone’s guess. A bit different to Stoke as we have midweek games either side.

I would go

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyuncu 

Amrtey

Thomas/Fuchs

Ndidi

Take a risk and play a youngster in the Tielemans role.

Perez

Under 
Iheanacho

Barnes

They also play tomorrow night and the following mid week so I expect they will make a few changes too. 

Similar to the last time we played them they had bigger fish to fry as they're again right up there with a shot at automatic promotion. 

An FA Cup 4th round tie especially against a side top of the PL shouldn't be a priority for them as it's highly likely they won't win the competition. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

A really heavy schedule coming up in the next two months, I'd like to see us chance our arm with a reserve team to give the first XI a circuit break from playing twice a week.

Iheanacho

Barnes Perez Under

Choudhury Mendy

Thomas Soyuncu Amartey Ricardo

Ward

This is the team, I would like to see...!!

I want to See Tielemans/Vards/Justin,Albrighton rested....If possible first 3 Not even on the Bench.

Subs: Schmeichel,Evans,Fuchs,Castagna,Maddison,Albrighton ( if Bubble allows young striker)

15-20 years ago I wouldnt of changed much ,heavy schedule or not...They were other days...

But now...Covid-induced-heavy-schedule.....Covid-bubble....Just Coming out of Chronic-injury-period....Some players, still Need to be Nursed back...

The Vardy situation...

15-20yrs back, every Profi Wanted to be involved in a cup-run, every fan, Wanted their Club to Play their best team...With or without European commitment..

In fact many Top players, were Happy ,wanted, & mentioned, during n After career 68-70 games were their targets....

Cup Triumphs, Spreads motivation helps to Build larger squads,and every Player wants a taste....

Fringe players can forget, Bad Days at the office & rekindle their First team potential....

Youngsters make their Mark (covid-bubble, puts that somewhat on hold ).

Top Foreigners, still want that taste..!!

This whole year was hard....for players & staff..!!  So though we can dream, fans cant push it Too far..

Win this..Double is on..!!! 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I really want us to do well in this competition and can sometimes get irritated by those who think we should just throw it away for league positions. We have to try and cope with both.

Having said that you have to look at the opposition and have sensible rotation. With players now coming back to fitness we can rotate without seriously weakening the side. I’d seriously look at starting: Ward. Ricardo, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Under, Perez and Iheanacho. You’d expect those players to be able to perform against a Championship side augmented with the regular starters.

We should be able to go strong here with the bench players. There is always an element of risk, but the key for me is making sure we still pick a well balanced side so the rhythm isn’t disrupted too much. 

• Like 2

Given the Everton game a few days later (which is massive by the way), I can see us playing a few more of the reserves than we did against Stoke.

Ward

Justin Evans Soyuncu Thomas

Mendy Choudhury

Ricardo Perez Under

Iheanacho

Edited by AKCJ