Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Brentford (a) Pre-Match (FA Cup)

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Has anybody else noticed Google is having issues with its football related data? This game isn't showing for me as a fixture and many scores recently have been not updating properly. 

No. It’s true that there is no fixture. Apparently we have withdrawn as, without Vards, there is no point in the club continuing. Thenxlub has been dissolved. The ground has been sold to a housing developer and the training ground is to be turned into a golf  course. 

• Haha 4

On 21/01/2021 at 17:36, Beachyboy said:

Ideal opportunity to play Ricardo and Soyunchu, only real players we can't really replace with something somewhat adequate to do the job against Brentford is Tielmans and Barnes, think the likes of Ward, Thomas, Amartey, Perez, Mendy, Under and Nacho can get us through to the next round, even though Brentford are a good side.

I think you're possibly right but even with the latest JV news I think we should keep pursuing all 3 PL, Cup. and EFL

• Like 1

Would like to see something like this

Barnes Iheanacho Perez

Maddison Ndidi Leshabela

Thomas Soyuncu Fofana Ricardo

With instructions for Perez and Barnes to tuck inside and support Iheanacho as much as possible. I think that front three, maybe with Under featuring as well, might be the answer with Vardy out.

41 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would like to see something like this

Barnes Iheanacho Perez

Maddison Ndidi Leshabela

Thomas Soyuncu Fofana Ricardo

With instructions for Perez and Barnes to tuck inside and support Iheanacho as much as possible. I think that front three, maybe with Under featuring as well, might be the answer with Vardy out.

I saw somwhere in the media that though not injured as such, Fofana is still managing a knee problem and we need him, Maddison, Barnes and Ndidi to be fully on their games for Everton, particularly in the light of Vardy. I'd put Armarty in for Fofana, he's good enough and keeps him up to speed. No problem with Leshabela but on the left, with Under on the right. Mendy for Ndidi. I think there's plenty there to worry a Brentford side who are also quite likely to be understrength due to their big game against Swansea a couple of days later. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I saw somwhere in the media that though not injured as such, Fofana is still managing a knee problem and we need him, Maddison, Barnes and Ndidi to be fully on their games for Everton, particularly in the light of Vardy. I'd put Armarty in for Fofana, he's good enough and keeps him up to speed. No problem with Leshabela but on the left, with Under on the right. Mendy for Ndidi. I think there's plenty there to worry a Brentford side who are also quite likely to be understrength due to their big game against Swansea a couple of days later. 

I wouldn't mind Amartey for Fofana at all if that is the case. My logic is if we manage to start strong and put a couple away early, we can sub off the players who need rest. So if we're up by 2-3 goals at the 60 minute mark, we can sub off Barnes, Maddison and Ricardo. Mendy over Ndidi is fine too I suppose, considering Ndidi would need rest as well.

Barnes (Under) Iheanacho Perez

Maddison (Choudhury) Mendy Leshabela

Thomas Soyuncu Amartey Ricardo (Justin)

Would you be happy with those substitutions and that team? Obviously Under switching to the right hand side. I think it would be solid enough to advance in the cup, whilst resting Castagne, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, and Albrighton, as well as testing out a potential front three for the next couple of weeks without Vardy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I wouldn't mind Amartey for Fofana at all if that is the case. My logic is if we manage to start strong and put a couple away early, we can sub off the players who need rest. So if we're up by 2-3 goals at the 60 minute mark, we can sub off Barnes, Maddison and Ricardo. Mendy over Ndidi is fine too I suppose, considering Ndidi would need rest as well.

Barnes (Under) Iheanacho Perez

Maddison (Choudhury) Mendy Leshabela

Thomas Soyuncu Amartey Ricardo (Justin)

Would you be happy with those substitutions and that team? Obviously Under switching to the right hand side. I think it would be solid enough to advance in the cup, whilst resting Castagne, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, and Albrighton, as well as testing out a potential front three for the next couple of weeks without Vardy.

It's a difficult one isn't it and I suppose, to be honest, Rodgers and his team will know who's able to give say half a game and still be fresh for Everton. I suppose the Vardy situation has changed things somewhat and I can see quite a bit of pressure falling on Barnes shoulders for a young player and he's played a lot of football lately. To be honest and it's not their fault, I just don't have much faith in Perez or Iheanacho so we can't afford to see Barnes limp off against Brentford. On his brief appearances, Under looks quite a talent for me but can he play 90 minutes ever and although he's had an injury, his non appearance is starting to look ominous, there again, why tinker with a well performing winning side. On form and fit, himself and Ricardo, I think,  could terrorise the best Premiership sides let alone Brentford,  got to be worth a go if there's any intention to keep him, nothing to lose.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's a difficult one isn't it and I suppose, to be honest, Rodgers and his team will know who's able to give say half a game and still be fresh for Everton. I suppose the Vardy situation has changed things somewhat and I can see quite a bit of pressure falling on Barnes shoulders for a young player and he's played a lot of football lately. Too be honest and it's not their fault, I just don't have much faith in Perez or Iheanacho so we can't afford to see Barnes limp off against Brentford. On his brief appearances, Under looks quite a talent for me but can he play 90 minutes ever and although he's had an injury, his non appearance is starting to look ominous, there again, why tinker with a well performing winning side. On form and fit, himself and Ricardo, I think,  could terrorise the best Premiership sides let alone Brentford,  got to be worth a go if there's any intention to keep him, nothing to lose.

Fair enough. The worry with Under is he's also recovering from a hamstring injury right now so maybe it's best not to give him a full game. Subbing him off for Barnes early could work though.

• Like 1

Important to get Soyuncu, Ricardo and Under some decent minutes in this one 

I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Justin

Mendy

Tielemans

Albrighton

Under

Barnes

Perez

Bring Thomas/Fuchs on for Ricardo on the hour

Iheanacho for Perez/under 

Hopefully rest tielemans if we’re in a position (all injury pending obviously) 

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Fair enough. The worry with Under is he's also recovering from a hamstring injury right now so maybe it's best not to give him a full game. Subbing him off for Barnes early could work though.

Agreed, I knew that he'd had a bit of a knock but didn't realise that it was a hamstring injury. We seem to be getting a few of those. 

• Like 1

Brentford are decent and their second 11 gave ours a good game last season 

Ward

ricky.   Cags.      Amartey/Fuchs.       Thomas

under.        Pappy.      Hamza.          Not sure

Perez.      Kel.  

We could go v narrow in the midfield and ask the full backs to play advanced with pappy/hamza covering 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Brentford are decent and their second 11 gave ours a good game last season 

Ward

ricky.   Cags.      Amartey/Fuchs.       Thomas

under.        Pappy.      Hamza.          Not sure

Perez.      Kel.  

We could go v narrow in the midfield and ask the full backs to play advanced with pappy/hamza covering 

Yes I'd be very happy with that in the circumstances before the game against Everton. I too had a problem in that 'not sure' position and put Leshabela there. To be absolutely honest I know very little about him but on a couple of clips I'd seen of him he was playing on the left side of midfield. It would be nice to know whether others felt him worthy of an appearance as he does in the past on here seem to have had some praiseworthy games for the u23s.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

WAKELING'S ON BEFORE IHEANACHO

DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING ON LIKE A YO YO

Dammit - I've had that song stuck in my head for days since a trip to Tesco. ARRRGGHHHH!!!  (Though I have to admit it's actually a pretty good song - I've just had enough of it now!)

Fingers crossed our 'B' team will be enough to win this one... :fc:  (GWS Vardy!!!!)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Has anybody else noticed Google is having issues with its football related data? This game isn't showing for me as a fixture and many scores recently have been not updating properly. 

Yea, that's what I came in here to say. Confused the p$ss out of me when I went to see if we were playing this weekend. 😏

• Like 1

We've got two choices up front and Iheanacho is not one of them (don't care if he can perform against Brentford as he isn't good enough to perform against Man U so we're wasting our time) in my opinion.

Perez as a false 9 or Barnes up top and central with Under on the left wing and Periera or Perez on the right wing.

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed, I knew that he'd had a bit of a knock but didn't realise that it was a hamstring injury. We seem to be getting a few of those. 

It was not a full-blown injury. Sounded like just a tightening that they did not want to risk. He was available to play the following game. 

• Like 2