Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anything to help lump on. 

All anger should be directed at Morton and/or Klopp. 

Brendan did not want to take Ricky off - we didn’t have a right back on the bench so would have to use albrighton which was far from ideal. 

given Ricky’s previous injury, he should have come straight off when he actually went down the first time (that’s not after the challenge btw). To not react to that was astonishing.  We can only deal with our own crap and Rodgers must decide if he wants to make more out of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Brendan did not want to take Ricky off - we didn’t have a right back on the bench so would have to use albrighton which was far from ideal. 

given Ricky’s previous injury, he should have come straight off when he actually went down the first time (that’s not after the challenge btw). To not react to that was astonishing.  We can only deal with our own crap and Rodgers must decide if he wants to make more out of it. 

I thought you were better than that lumping/jumping on bandwagons and having agendas....

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How do we know it was Brendan not wanting to take the player off? Do you know what the physios communicated to Ricardo and/or Rodgers? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How do we know it was Brendan not wanting to take the player off? Do you know what the physios communicated to Ricardo and/or Rodgers? 

Two different points sunil

The medics aren’t thinking about tactics and team shape

i have no idea what they said to BR but I do know that BR wouldn’t want to take him off for clear and obvious reasons ….

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

It is seriously one of the worst tackles I’ve ever seen at a football game. 

In truth it’s pretty similar to the one on fofana. 

We’re lucky it didn’t have the same outcome 

Edited by Lambert09

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two different points sunil

The medics aren’t thinking about tactics and team shape

i have no idea what they said to BR but I do know that BR wouldn’t want to take him off for clear and obvious reasons ….

Not that different? 

I'm sure if the physios said 'nah Ricardo is done, he shouldn't play and shouldn't be risked further, he needs to come off' Rodgers would take him off. 

He must have done it for Soyuncu? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Warming in a way that a lot of fellow pros on his insta calling out that tackle 

Rodgers is actually too classy to try and get the kid labelled in the same way that klopp did to hamza.  It’s not the way he operates which may reveal why he won’t make the step up to elite level - to get there you just do whatever you need to. You never know what might work in your favour down the line …….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Before I start no i'm directing this at Rodgers per se before someone cries aGeNdA!!! but whether it be physio, medical staff whomever, isn't about time someone was held accountable and were asked some tough question and gives some answers about our ever growing injury list?

I mean Ricardo's injury was through a disgusting tackle but he was allowed to play on - as he was when he did his ACL, as have other players who've picked up injuries.

This isn't just bad luck.

• Like 1

Often the phrase “leg breaker” is tossed around without any real meaning, players very rarely break legs from bad challenges these days, not least because those challenges have largely been eradicated.

Absolutely disgraceful that we’ve heard nothing from Liverpool on this so far. One of the worst tackles I’ve seen in years with a sadly predictable outcome. And what a surprise one of the first comments under Rob Tanner’s tweet is a Liverpool fan excusing it.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Genuine question - is it a hairline fracture which isn't likely to be spotted by on field physios? 

Other than that, I'm just amazed he's carried on in any case, even without physio help?! 

Problem with breaks is always the swelling.

Immediately it’s very hard to tell and your adrenaline will numb the pain. When it’s a outright break or a fracture, the pain simply over-rides that. 

Different limb but me and my brother have both broken our wrists playing football. He had to come off. I played on and didn’t know it was broken until three months later. Given he’s had two injuries where the pain hasn’t been immediate, suggests that he has a high pain threshold 

• Like 3