Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

Ooh this is intriguing...

5 years is long for a contract renewal, but renewing his contract at all is great news if true. It's going to take him time to get back to the level he was, but if he can get over these niggles he's one of the best in the league.

Another hamstring or thigh injury? He seems to be in a constant cycle of trying to get into form then picking up an injury that keeps him out for 2-3 weeks. 

We'll need to add a replacement right back to the list next summer at this rate. 

On 23/11/2021 at 09:15, Ric Flair said:

Yeah that would be a hugely risky decision, but would sum us up right now. End up paying him off.

On 23/11/2021 at 09:22, JR99 said:

Think a 5 year contract would be a ludicrous risk right now, 2/3 years would be much more sensible, but I can understand Ricardo wanting assurances and trying to stretch that to 4 years. Despite thinking 5 years is too long I can't help but be happy with it, I love Ricardo, I'm sure he's still got it in him to perform to his previous levels and my god do we need it

defintely a calculated gamble. They will know he might himself wonder if he’s going to be the same player so being offered a 5 year deal after such an injury is one they probably know he can’t turn down. Besides it’s probably one that woood be covered by insurance should he have to retire from this injury/ have a repeat injury.

a risky, but smart move.

• Like 1

its another soft tissue injury not a long term knee injury, we have had lots of those since Rodgers came in and Rennie left, is there a correlation in that? We may never know but its not something to overly concerned with in terms of him having to retire

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why is it that the entire club looks shattered? Everyone looks so unfit and we're consistently picking up soft tissue injuries and have done for a year now.

What is going on?

Isn't the training supposedly very intense and demanding?

Yes, I know it doesn't always show on the pitch etc before all the comments.

He was due to start the game against Chelsea so clearly something happened during training. 

I had heard he done his hamstring again but didn't want to speculate! 

This is my worry with JJ, I am hopeful he doesn't experience the same as Ricardo, he just can't seem to get going! I see Justin has already been out for a month longer than what Ricardo was so maybe the club are being a lot more cautious this time around.....

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're doing something wrong. Hard to admit for some but this isn't purely bad luck. 

We've gone from one of the best injury records to one of the worst in the space of a few seasons, coincidentally :teehee:

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Another hamstring or thigh injury? He seems to be in a constant cycle of trying to get into form then picking up an injury that keeps him out for 2-3 weeks. 

We'll need to add a replacement right back to the list next summer at this rate. 

We need to start investing in more prospects to develop in the academy. For the first team at this and other defensive positions. The money the club does have earmarked for transfers should be used on attacking players with the potential to score and create goals. Players that will be more difficult to develop with any consistency.

Said it before but if we have to buy our first team from the market its going to be very hard to sustain the success we've had over the past years.

Edited by SO1

It's not going to be one big problem with fitness/injuries. If it was they would have worked it out.

Factors could be youngish squad, Brendan ball, disrupted pre-season requiring some catching up in early season, extra european games, the nature of some of our best talent trying to manage their energy levels to get through, the lessons from 2 late season blow ups, bad pitch last season, asking half fit players to to step up due to others injuries, maybe even the change to a different physio/medical set up etc etc.

I think we could even look at injury records of clubs over time, if we could be bothered, and try and work out how far we are from normal variation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Isn't the training supposedly very intense and demanding?

Yes, I know it doesn't always show on the pitch etc before all the comments.

....under Puel we looked lethargic on the pitch and the players said it was a lack of intensity in training!!!

Could there have been a change in our training levels and we are now seeing the results in our play.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.