Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

If Brendan Rodgers had a set (he doesn’t), he would be in the media next two days, highlighting that tackle, the decision not to send him off, and highlight the nature of the player. Just as Klopp does regularly against us, and to get decisions. Sadly, Brendan allows himself to be bullied. That’s why we won’t ever go any further as a football club with him at the helm. 

This is getting on my nerves too. I want to hear him slate the standards of refereeing for us. We have been very hard done by a lot this season. He needs to show the anger the fans are feeling currently but I feel like he won’t talk about it again.

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

This is getting on my nerves too. I want to hear him slate the standards of refereeing for us. We have been very hard done by a lot this season. He needs to show the anger the fans are feeling currently but I feel like he won’t talk about it again.

The last two games he has moaned about decisions. :dunno:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Be lucky to be back this season imo always takes him ages to get over everything then something else will go. Big season next for him. 

Not convinced he will be here next season. Contract runs out in 2023, so this summer is realistically the last where we can get a fee for him, albeit a small fee. The ACL and the Fibula are bad luck but it’s concerning the amount of soft tissue injuries he keeps picking up, plus his general lack of form makes me lean more to us being a little ruthless and getting what we can in the summer. Been a brilliant player, one of the best full backs in the Prem in his pomp, I just can’t see him ever reaching those levels again

12 hours ago, Hammo said:

I feel so sorry for Ricardo, but the repugnant silence/lack of an apology from Liverpool and their vile hypocrite of a manager just aggravates the sense of fury.

And, yes, the desire for revenge.

There should be one chant ringing round the King Power louder than any other on Tuesday night:

”Get into them! **** them up!”

Watched this... "Untold: Crime & Penalties"..... today.... 

1) Watch this.. its a great story
2) The way they dealt with a leg break injury return match is what we need to do :)

UNTOLD-DANBURY-TRASHERS-NETFLIX-REVIEW-copy

Edited by ozleicester

18 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Not convinced he will be here next season. Contract runs out in 2023, so this summer is realistically the last where we can get a fee for him, albeit a small fee. The ACL and the Fibula are bad luck but it’s concerning the amount of soft tissue injuries he keeps picking up, plus his general lack of form makes me lean more to us being a little ruthless and getting what we can in the summer. Been a brilliant player, one of the best full backs in the Prem in his pomp, I just can’t see him ever reaching those levels again

No chance we’ll sell him. He’ll get a new contact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

We kept Matty James on for years when there was no chance of him playing a game, we’ll give Ricardo another contract

6 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

We kept Matty James on for years when there was no chance of him playing a game, we’ll give Ricardo another contract

I know and I’m still annoyed at that contract we offered ! There is being a good/classy club and looking after players but that has to be balanced with business sense too and well I hope I’m wrong but offering an injury prone Ricardo a new contract in my opinion is poor business 

19 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I know and I’m still annoyed at that contract we offered ! There is being a good/classy club and looking after players but that has to be balanced with business sense too and well I hope I’m wrong but offering an injury prone Ricardo a new contract in my opinion is poor business 

The injuries have came from bad challenges though. Could happen to anyone. I’d much sooner risk giving him a longer contract than him going on a free when he’s fit and going back to his best again. 

10 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

The injuries have came from bad challenges though. Could happen to anyone. I’d much sooner risk giving him a longer contract than him going on a free when he’s fit and going back to his best again. 

He has had a fair few soft tissue injuries to be fair though. I absolutely love Ricardo and he was brilliant, but for me he is just too injury prone and when he has played, is quite some way off being the player he was, and can’t see him ever getting back to it. Hope I’m wrong 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The last two games he has moaned about decisions. :dunno:

Tbh I didn’t listen to his post game interview today. But will check it out.

I just want to see him angry, especially after that Liverpool game where it now turns out Riccy P has broken his leg and Jota’s dangerous elbow to Thomas’ face.

14 hours ago, Father Ted said:

If Brendan Rodgers had a set (he doesn’t), he would be in the media next two days, highlighting that tackle, the decision not to send him off, and highlight the nature of the player. Just as Klopp does regularly against us, and to get decisions. Sadly, Brendan allows himself to be bullied. That’s why we won’t ever go any further as a football club with him at the helm. 

Exactly what I've been saying since this happened. It's okay mentioning it on Radio Leicester but he then doesn't mention it in the national media. Needs to bang on about it to Sky/BT/BBC.

What is interesting, I have not heard or seen thus far that Brendan is to be hauled up before the Referee's FA Fools Panel to talk about his slagging off of that fraud Madley in the media.

Can we read into this that if they did do this, it was show up one of their own as an absolute bell-end and not fit for purpose.  Logically, Madley and the twat that run the line should be called in and asked to justify their collective non action of the Riccy P and Luke assaults. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

What is interesting, I have not heard or seen thus far that Brendan is to be hauled up before the Referee's FA Fools Panel to talk about his slagging off of that fraud Madley in the media.

Can we read into this that if they did do this, it was show up one of their own as an absolute bell-end and not fit for purpose.  Logically, Madley and the twat that run the line should be called in and asked to justify their collective non action of the Riccy P and Luke assaults. 

Do you remember Andy Madleys brother Bobby? He consistently shafted us with decisions until he disappeared after some strange allegations. Seems that his brother is no different. It really does p*ss me off more though that Brendan hasn’t come out and gone ballistic in the media. 

Soft, just like his fcuking players!!!! PATHETIC

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Do we think Mr Morton will play tomorrow? I'd be surprised. Certainly with no apology yet appearing 

I thought this. You’d ask why Klopp would start him.

To bait a bad tackle which could hurt him but get us a man down?

A good manager would take him away from the situation because he isn’t really needed but Klopp a nob and he’ll be the first name on the team sheet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teblin said:

I’ve ready lots on twitter about he wouldn’t have played on if Rennie was still here etc…

But I might be wrong but wasn’t rennie still here when Ricardo caried in playing against Villa with an ACL injury?

He was, yeah. We have a portion of our support who've fully turned Rodgers out and are looking for correlations between his decisions at the club and any negative aspect to have happened to us to justify and amplify their arguments. Now to me the Rennie thing is abit of a stretch, our injury record was bad so we sacked our longstanding physio(while another left for Arsenal), and we recruited replacements. Consequently, the injury situation hasn't improved.

So you could look at it two ways, I get what the moaners are on about with Rodgers because he had previous injury table problems at Liverpool & Celtic. Adversely though alot of these injuries have been on field and freak serious injuries. JJ for example, his knee just exploded coming down for a header. Fofana got snapped in half by some Spanish lad in a pre-season game. Ricky went in for a 50/50 with Grealish, March 2020 and still hasn't properly recovered from his knee and the knock on affects. Evans has chronic injuries, playing patched together for at least two seasons. We lost Barnes for nearly half a year because he over extended himself running after the ball against Arsenal and his knee cartilage got displaced. There are freak incidents which are happening 3/4 times a year.

The ones worth raising concerns about are the soft muscle injuries Soyuncu & Ndidi seem to have both been picking up intermittently, both of them on/off the last two seasons. But our situation has been greatly exasperated by the ligament injuries and ankle break imo. They should always be looking at improving sport science, nutrition and training methods, I seriously hope the Club isn't resting on their laurels, but doubt it given the plans which've been achieved in Seagrave and our ambition. So yeah, it could be Brennies fault but we have been seriously unlucky with alot of the lads and that in turn has made teammates dig deeper and stress their bodies more. All the Club can try and do is learn and improve, and hope Brendan isn't stuck in a bad process.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Breaks my heart to see the effect injuries have had on Riccy P. Best RB on the planet at one point. So sad. Seems like a great guy too.

It makes me sad thinking about pre ACL Ricardo. Sensationally good. Elite right back and top 3 in the world at his peak, if not the best.  :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1