Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

16 hours ago, Bert said:

The club aren’t stupid. They’ll have a clause in place should he not be able to see out his years due to injury. 

Really not sure contracts work like that (unless the player concerned is a wilshere type with no options)

obvs we don’t know what’s going on with Ricky - if he wouldn’t get through a medical then a clause could be inserted but even then that would surprise me. 

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Was watching some goals from the 19-20 season and it makes me sad that we truly had a world class player pre injury.

I think he's still an asset when fit but not sure he'll be able to shake off these niggles to hit those heights again

Yes absolutely. He was right on the precipice of being something extremely special. 

Hope that the Clubs loyalty to him will spur him on and show the rest of the players the sort of club we are 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes absolutely. He was right on the precipice of being something extremely special. 

Hope that the Clubs loyalty to him will spur him on and show the rest of the players the sort of club we are 

he was the best player to come tot he pl that season - I know he will get back to this level of performance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....under Puel we looked lethargic on the pitch and the players said it was a lack of intensity in training!!!

Could there have been a change in our training levels and we are now seeing the results in our play.

I’m thinking they might have changed training methods to try and ensure we don’t run out of steam in the second half of the season like least 2 years. Problem is we aren’t good enough to be at 60% every game and it’s showing

1 hour ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I’m thinking they might have changed training methods to try and ensure we don’t run out of steam in the second half of the season like least 2 years. Problem is we aren’t good enough to be at 60% every game and it’s showing

..the idea you would have thought would have been to use our games to gain match fitness!!!

The fact that we are still within reach of the top six, farcical as it may seem, it would set us up for a good end of season run.

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

Was watching some goals from the 19-20 season and it makes me sad that we truly had a world class player pre injury.

I think he's still an asset when fit but not sure he'll be able to shake off these niggles to hit those heights again

It's so sad to see Ricky struggling with form and fitness. He put in some absolutely majestic performances that season, and in fact at times, was our most attacking player. Its tragic for him that the injury hit him at his peak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

I think he's better when he has a winger in front of him though. When he's not being doubled up so much, he performs better imo. 

It does seem that way but in truth he’s never had enough of a run in this system. He either picks up a niggle, gets dropped for something, or even at times moved to the left.  

He started this season like he was going to get back to his best, I still think he will... but the injuries really do keep holding him back. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

He's still the same just needs to get some fitness and avoid major injury. Easier said han done with his niggling injuries but the same player is still there imo. 

4 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Let's hope we don't 'run out of steam' this year after Christmas or we'll end up in the National League! 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ah for the days of bombproof players. It has to be said that our current lot are pretty brittle. Are they injury prone or over trained but we have got to get to the bottom of it. Ricky will probably be OK but OK is not really what we want. His great days may well be over.

27 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I'm sure when the event was over and pleasentries were being shown at the end of penalties, Ricky was on the pitch talking to the referee. I didn't see any sign of a leg brace, crutches or supports, so :fc:

After villa, he was wandering around aswell ……the only positive last night being that the end of the game was an hour after he had stopped running around