Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

38 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Bizarre from Rodgers to take him off as we needed to defend better on that side. Firstly, Castagne is equally as attack minded, secondly we were 2-1 down and thirdly the player causing the threat had gone off injured.

It's hardly going to do wonders for his confidence.

I personally think Castagne is the better defender than Riccardo, but Riccardo is better going forward.

We can't have it all ways, BR has been called for playing people out of form and not making changes to change the game early.

Maybe he's losing patience with the team as much as some of the fans?

Personally thought we looked better with Timmy on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2021 at 21:34, FoxinNotts said:

Ricardo was poor today. Poor, poor, poor.

I'd play him at LB. 

Timmy loses 20% of his game on the left. Ricky is 20% off his best full.stop, so perhaps the net loss in effectiveness will.be less felt with ricky on the left ....(Ricky off form.and out of position is still miles ahead of the hapless Bertrand...)

I don't buy that he was struggling before today, frankly - I think he's been very good this season with little help either in attack or defending on the right.  We had scads of players scuffling all season and Ricardo goes into the doghouse for one bad sequence on a goal?  That struck me as very strange.

• 4 weeks later...

been alright-ish this year, defo a top half of the league fullback

but drop off post injury is kind of hard to watch; he was the genuinely world class before his injury and our best player in a very talented squad. hoping one day he'll be firing same way he was before

• 3 weeks later...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-signing-investigated-public-ministry-suspicion-money-laundering/

Portuguese newspapers are today full of stories about the ongoing investigation into Porto’s transfers in recent years. It’s believed that agents made around €20m in commissions which were not declared.

The Public Ministry conducted 33 searches on Monday, with club president Pinto da Costa and his son being two of the main suspects, along with agent Pedro Pinho.

It turns out that among those transfers, at least one is related to the Premier League, according to newspaper Correio da Manhã. That’s Ricardo Pereira and his move to Leicester City in 2018.

The newspaper writes that the sale was declared by Porto as being worth €20m, but there’s a suspicion that the player actually cost the Foxes more than that. The move was negotiated by Pedro Pinho.

This is just one of the many transfers being investigated. Correio da Manhã points out that agents made €64m mediating Porto’s business over only four years, and the club president and his son could be involved.

Ricardo Pereira joined Porto in a move from Vitória Guimarães in 2013. He had two years on loan at Nice between 2015 and 2017, and in 2018 he signed for Leicester City.

Only two transfers are named by Correio da Manhã. Pereira’s and Eder Militão’s move to Real Madrid for €50m in 2019.

“In the crosshairs of justice are more than a dozen suspicious businesses that have served to launder money, putting millions of euros into the account of Pinto da Costa’s family,” the newspaper says.

Just now, 87fox said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-signing-investigated-public-ministry-suspicion-money-laundering/

Portuguese newspapers are today full of stories about the ongoing investigation into Porto’s transfers in recent years. It’s believed that agents made around €20m in commissions which were not declared.

The Public Ministry conducted 33 searches on Monday, with club president Pinto da Costa and his son being two of the main suspects, along with agent Pedro Pinho.

It turns out that among those transfers, at least one is related to the Premier League, according to newspaper Correio da Manhã. That’s Ricardo Pereira and his move to Leicester City in 2018.

The newspaper writes that the sale was declared by Porto as being worth €20m, but there’s a suspicion that the player actually cost the Foxes more than that. The move was negotiated by Pedro Pinho.

This is just one of the many transfers being investigated. Correio da Manhã points out that agents made €64m mediating Porto’s business over only four years, and the club president and his son could be involved.

Ricardo Pereira joined Porto in a move from Vitória Guimarães in 2013. He had two years on loan at Nice between 2015 and 2017, and in 2018 he signed for Leicester City.

Only two transfers are named by Correio da Manhã. Pereira’s and Eder Militão’s move to Real Madrid for €50m in 2019.

“In the crosshairs of justice are more than a dozen suspicious businesses that have served to launder money, putting millions of euros into the account of Pinto da Costa’s family,” the newspaper says.

In separate news, after reading the above story, I was looking on Google for another source reporting the same story and found this, reported in Portuguese paper Record, oddly, 6 days ago: https://www.record.pt/internacional/paises/inglaterra/leicester-city/detalhe/ricardo-pereira-renova-com-o-leicester

Portuguese international Ricardo Pereira, 28, has renewed his contract with Leicester. According to what Record found, the agreement with the English club was extended for another 5 years, now extending until 2026.

The right-back, who has been in England since 2018, when FC Porto sold him for a fee of around 20 million euros, has eight games in the Premier League this season, but has also been used in the Cup. England, League Cup and Europa League.

by Ricardo Chambel

In Jordan Blackwell's latest Q&A he states he's heard positive news about one player renewing their contract – could be this??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, 87fox said:

In separate news, after reading the above story, I was looking on Google for another source reporting the same story and found this, reported in Portuguese paper Record, oddly, 6 days ago: https://www.record.pt/internacional/paises/inglaterra/leicester-city/detalhe/ricardo-pereira-renova-com-o-leicester

Portuguese international Ricardo Pereira, 28, has renewed his contract with Leicester. According to what Record found, the agreement with the English club was extended for another 5 years, now extending until 2026.

The right-back, who has been in England since 2018, when FC Porto sold him for a fee of around 20 million euros, has eight games in the Premier League this season, but has also been used in the Cup. England, League Cup and Europa League.

by Ricardo Chambel

In Jordan Blackwell's latest Q&A he states he's heard positive news about one player renewing their contract – could be this??

Brilliant if true, started the season well and dipped off a bit recently but we all know he can be one of the best right backs in the league when he gets up to full speed

Hopefully he can get past all these little niggly injuries he keeps picking up

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Would be a huge gamble giving Ricardo a 5 year contract after such a bad injury.

He's looked a fraction of the player he was (understandably) but the most worrying thing at the moment is the niggling injuries' he's picking up, he's struggling to play 2 games in a row at the minute!

Yeah that would be a hugely risky decision, but would sum us up right now. End up paying him off.

• Haha 1

Think a 5 year contract would be a ludicrous risk right now, 2/3 years would be much more sensible, but I can understand Ricardo wanting assurances and trying to stretch that to 4 years. Despite thinking 5 years is too long I can't help but be happy with it, I love Ricardo, I'm sure he's still got it in him to perform to his previous levels and my god do we need it

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Would be a huge gamble giving Ricardo a 5 year contract after such a bad injury.

He's looked a fraction of the player he was (understandably) but the most worrying thing at the moment is the niggling injuries' he's picking up, he's struggling to play 2 games in a row at the minute!

I think that we are being ultra cautious with some players and the complete opposite with others (ref wilfs injury) 

19 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I can't see us offering him 5 years.

If he can get fit and stay fit, we have seen small glimmers of the old Riccardo, his assists against Norwich and Wolves. 

Just feel he needs a run of 10-15 games without picking up a niggle. 

Edited by coolhandfox

16 hours ago, 87fox said:

by Ricardo Chambel

Excellent news (if true)! :appl:

16 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The entire team is picking up “niggling injuries”.

Of our main regulars, only Kasper and Vardy have not picked up “niggling injuries” this season.

44 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Even if we did offer him five years, may I suggest the club medical staff will have a far better take on his fitness than any of us on here.and any decision will be based on their knowledge.

I would imagine the club would be insured regards his fitness to lower any risk/avoid cost

I might argue our medical staff would make a great basis for a sitcom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think it illustrates that people think we would risk a player for five years, without factoring in the risk factor….I can only liken it to driving a car without insurance, most people wouldn’t….medical problems are all different, and so are the individuals they are inflicted on…..harsh to describe medical professionals as a “sitcom” just sayin