Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

16 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Right up there in the top 2/3 best RBs in the League his first 2 seasons. The consistency was what set him apart, in his performances and game by game. We've been cruelly robbed of his serious talent for nearly 2 years.

The league? He was in the top 2/3 on the planet.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

It makes me sad thinking about pre ACL Ricardo. Sensationally good. Elite right back and top 3 in the world at his peak, if not the best.  :(

It really does piss me off when you read "Oh just move on, wasn't that bad" etc. This bloke was a fantastic player who has lost nearly two years of his career in his prime. 

Understandably our fans are livid and also saddened by the fact a huge player for us has struggled to make an impact in such a long time and now faces another needless spell out.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I hope the game is cancelled tomorrow giving a Klopp a massive future fixture pile up meaning this nasty c++t does play in the re-arranged game.  

They have a fully fit squad - klopp surely won’t expose Morton to the crowd unless he wants to make a point to the kid that you have to own your actions …..

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Seen suggestions of a 3 year deal, it's a big gamble for sure 

Ricky is contracted to summer 2023. So I wonder if the three years is an extension of that to 2026 or from now to 2025. Either way, it gives him the option to prove his fitness and us to get a decent fee in summer 2023 if he can. 

• Like 3

Whether it's a good thing or not, he's only signing a new deal here because injuries have seriously hampered his trajectory. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if we can keep him fit, would be horrible to think he might never get back to the level he was. 

Can't imagine there would be that much "top level" interest in him in the upcoming summer due to his injuries unless he has an unreal couple of months when he is back

I thought end of last season he looked okay and he started this season well, his assists against Wolves and Norwich were much like his old self so I think there is definitely the possibility he can be up towards that level we saw before his injuries again

Get him on a deal till 2025, would be 2 more years until we would be at this kind of point again - whether to sell in the upcoming summer or not

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whether it's a good thing or not, he's only signing a new deal here because injuries have seriously hampered his trajectory. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if we can keep him fit, would be horrible to think he might never get back to the level he was. 

It hurts watching some of those clips back knowing he was one of the best full backs in the league. Firm believer he could still do a job for us though if kept fit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

It hurts watching some of those clips back knowing he was one of the best full backs in the league. Firm believer he could still do a job for us though if kept fit 

Part of me just wants to see us take him completely away from 1st team football and rebuild him in to a machine and then unleash him again in a year. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Part of me just wants to see us take him completely away from 1st team football and rebuild him in to a machine and then unleash him again in a year. 

It must be so tough for him. There was a feature on the amount he put into his recovery, training away from the club, building his fitness, rebuilding his body  basically. And he's never really had a proper recovery.

When you compare it to Justin's recovery (I know it's only been a game and a half), it's night and day. Physically, Justin looks like a machine already. I know everyone is different, but if there's something that can be learnt from JJ's comeback that can be applied to Ricky's, I do hope that it can happen.

All he needs is a consistent run of games imo with no injuries. He's still the same player. He's not permanently damaged. Let's not forget he was probably the best player at the start od the season with us. Great assist against wolves 

• Like 3

It's looking a bit like a Matty James scenario.

Ricardo was sensational pre-injury and just before covid. If he wasn't injured he would  more than likely have been with a club in Champions League this season. 

It's cruel that it happened the week before the league was postponed.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have the technology, right? :P   (He's worth more than $6m, too? :P )

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1