Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

The blue blood within me says sign the bloke up. I love him.

Looking at this more objectively though - he’s 28 next month, his game relies on a burst of pace that he won’t have for much longer, and he’s had a bad injury… you could quite easily build an argument that he might not be worth the outlay of a lengthier and more expensive contract. But as I say, I’m sure we all want peak Ricardo for a good 3-4 seasons yet - but will we get that?

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Put up a pic of him in Portugal… hope it’s an old one 

Why would it matter if he popped home for say for 3 days during an international break? Recover and player welfare is important and he could deffo be trusted to tick over fitness wise. Not being argumentative just genuinely don't see an issue. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why would it matter if he popped home for say for 3 days during an international break? Recover and player welfare is important and he could deffo be trusted to tick over fitness wise. Not being argumentative just genuinely don't see an issue. 

Was more thinking it could be him returning home for an extended rehab… Hope not.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he injured again? If not, I'm slightly perturbed by his substitution, I do think think it's his last season with us.

Subbed off due to poor defending on that side, despite Cornet having gone off so the issue was no longer there.

Either way he could have shifted Ricardo onto the left if needs be, we’re a worse team without him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Subbed off due to poor defending on that side, despite Cornet having gone off so the issue was no longer there.

Either way he could have shifted Ricardo onto the left if needs be, we’re a worse team without him.

He was attacking well with Lookman and Bertrand was horrid again which bothers me. I feared his deterioration for Southampton in the previous 18 months to 2 years would mean he wasn't the assured experienced squad filler we needed and he most certainly shouldn't be first choice left back!!! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he injured again? If not, I'm slightly perturbed by his substitution, I do think think it's his last season with us.

I thought towards the end of the first half when he crossed into the box he had a slight collision/ funny fall and either took a bit of a knock or landed funny . 

Edited by baldeagle

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers bluntly said in the post match interview that we needed to defend better down that side.

Perturbs me as well. Don't need to be pissing off a player as good as Ricardo when other players get mollycoddled by management for poor performance.

• Like 2

Bizarre from Rodgers to take him off as we needed to defend better on that side. Firstly, Castagne is equally as attack minded, secondly we were 2-1 down and thirdly the player causing the threat had gone off injured.

It's hardly going to do wonders for his confidence.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No way was the change tactical based on the first half 

either a knock/strain or he was only ever playing one half - way more likely the first 

EDIT: maybe it was judging by the post above 

Nah Rodgers said on Radio Leicester the reason for it was purely because we needed to defend better on the right.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Bizarre from Rodgers to take him off as we needed to defend better on that side. Firstly, Castagne is equally as attack minded, secondly we were 2-1 down and thirdly the player causing the threat had gone off injured.

Indeed - seems bizarre to change that when we’re one down in the context you have described 

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I also thought he was attacking well, he'd evidently set us up so that Lookman tucked in which may have meant Ricardo was at times defending that flank on his own, his centre halves were all over the place too.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I also thought he was attacking well, he'd evidently set us up so that Lookman tucked in which may have meant Ricardo was at times defending that flank on his own, his centre halves were all over the place too.

I thought we were equally vulnerable on our left. Too often it was 2 vs 2 when Burnley countered. To call out Ricardo for that isn't fair on him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess it’s possible that rodgers had highlighted the scenario that played out with cornet’s volley and then watched it play out with Ricky not getting tight enough to him …… but if cornet has gone off then surely you just move on?   neither lookman or Barnes seemed to cover back particularly but then Burnley didn’t really pressure us deep down the flanks too often. 

• Like 1