Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wednesday was the first glimpse of just how devastating Ricardo is when back to full fitness. I'd almost forgotten the level he is as a player. Fingers crossed he has a trouble free run to the end of the season as he is going to be so crucial to our assault on the 3 competitions we're trying to win.

...and what I love about him is how when he's on it, it doesn't matter the quality the opposition, they could be playing Bayern at their best and he'd still be unplayable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

...and what I love about him is how when he's on it, it doesn't matter the quality the opposition, they could be playing Bayern at their best and he'd still be unplayable. 

Borderline world class, if not already firmly in that category.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's a fair comment. I couldn't see him getting as many assists as MA but I could certainly see him scoring more from an advanced position as it was never Albrightons game.

Yeah that's true. It's a little bit of catch 22 as we'll look far more dynamic with Ricardo in the team but I think we'll lose that ability that not many players in our team have to get a ball in on a sixpence for Vardy to attack and find a direct route to attack when we need it. 

2 years left on his contract and 27yrs old. Will the club offer him a new contract by the time the summer is finished or will they sell him on with 1yr remaining for a reduced fee for a dream move somewhere as a loyalty arrangement. *Or will he stay with city for the rest of his career under a new whopping contract which would be very deserved.

*Forgot last point.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

2 years left on his contract and 27yrs old. Will the club offer him a new contract by the time the summer is finished or will they sell him on with 1yr remaining for a reduced fee for a dream move somewhere as a loyalty arrangement. *Or will he stay with city for the rest of his career under a new whopping contract which would be very deserved.

*Forgot last point.

What loyalty agreement?

He's one of our best players; give him a new deal.

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What loyalty agreement?

He's one of our best players; give him a new deal.

I labelled it "arrangement" due to sticking with us. Taking into account his prime years in that position then he's limited and time constrained and if he ever needed "that move" then you'd imagine it would have to be this summer? Hence stay or go...

Maybe he likes living in Leicestershire and playing for Leicester. 

He’s already playing in one of the best competitions in the world. 

It largely depends if he wants to play in the Champions League. Outside of playing for Liverpool or Manchester City, he’d need to move abroad to guarantee that on a regular basis. The other two spots from the Premier League aren’t guaranteed, it’s basically 2 from 6 teams for those spots. 

If he’s happy playing Europa League, then he can play that here.

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Maybe he likes living in Leicestershire and playing for Leicester. 

He’s already playing in one of the best competitions in the world. 

It largely depends if he wants to play in the Champions League. Outside of playing for Liverpool or Manchester City, he’d need to move abroad to guarantee that on a regular basis. The other two spots from the Premier League aren’t guaranteed, it’s basically 2 from 6 teams for those spots. 

If he’s happy playing Europa League, then he can play that here.

7. 2 from 7. 🦊

43 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I labelled it "arrangement" due to sticking with us. Taking into account his prime years in that position then he's limited and time constrained and if he ever needed "that move" then you'd imagine it would have to be this summer? Hence stay or go...

What move? Nobody has ever bid for him.

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'll re phrase it in case you didnt understand the first time. "Big move".

I don’t understand you at all. You’re making up a “big move” in your head. 

Chill out, give him a new deal and we’re sorted. Don’t wanna lose Ricardo.

4 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

Ricky had a torrid time in that half. Hopefully he manages to get back up to speed, but am I right in thinking the injury he had can impact on his confidence to make sharp turns?

Yes - ACL injuries are often a result of a twisting force placed on a leg in which the foot is in contact with the ground. He’s had a reconstruction but he’ll naturally be wary of twisting movements.

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

Ricky had a torrid time in that half. Hopefully he manages to get back up to speed, but am I right in thinking the injury he had can impact on his confidence to make sharp turns?

Yep. Not that you'll care but I did a lot worse than Ricky and then again on my first game back after 18 months. Been 4 1/2 years since I first did it and I'm still not back to running let alone playing football.  The twisting and turning means I'd probably never play again so imagine the impact at top flight professional football, especially when you're up against tricky wingers.

Going to be a fair while before he's back to full speed but I'd hope with the medical resources available to him, it will happen. Might be a case of a full pre season again making the difference.

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Going to be a fair while before he's back to full speed but I'd hope with the medical resources available to him, it will happen. Might be a case of a full pre season again making the difference.

I agree, I don't think we should expect too much of him this season - it's not the kind of injury where he needs just a few games to get up to speed. He'll most likely need months of regular football to regain his confidence in his legs and get back to his best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Wasn’t the performance we have been used to seeing from him but he’s just come back from a terrible injury and those 90 minutes will do his fitness and confidence the world of good. 

Fitness being the Key word here. He looked shattered by the end of the game. Once he has fitness back he will be as good as he was, he doesn't look to have any issues with his knee, great news. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Wasn’t the performance we have been used to seeing from him but he’s just come back from a terrible injury and those 90 minutes will do his fitness and confidence the world of good. 

Defensively was getting exposed, but Neto is a brilliant attacker. 

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Fitness being the Key word here. He looked shattered by the end of the game. Once he has fitness back he will be as good as he was, he doesn't look to have any issues with his knee, great news. 

Agreed. He was fully blowing at 70 mins. Great to have him back though and hopefully full fitness is right round the corner

• Like 1

Having had both ACL & MPFL reconstruction I completely understand any hesitation... despite reassurance from medical professionals he would still most likely be subconsciously terrified of sharp twists and fixed plantation. He will hopefully grow in confidence as the games pass and return to somewhere near his norm, if not his norm. He just needs time and time To get his natural fitness back. He wasn’t played properly for what going on a year. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 4

Be said himself he needs games to get up to speed. Considering the amount of time he's been out he'll probably need 2 or 3 games but the issue is that he'll need a rest this month too. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play midweek. The last thing we need is him over doing it.

Amarty will probably play right back again Brighton.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Borderline world class, if not already firmly in that category.

Said this in another chat but Pereira was the best RB in the world over the course of about 25 games last season. Ridiculously talented.

Suspect we wont see the best of him til after the EL knockout games - clearly a bit rusty at the moment.