Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

On 22/01/2021 at 14:26, Tom12345 said:

Question. Do you think Ricardo is a better defender or is Castagne? I think Ricardo by a slight margin and he tackles more. Do you agree? If you agree, then I think he is better to stay playing at RB and move Castagne to the left (I still think Castagne is better than Justin but only by a slight margin because he makes better runs but everything else is about the same).

Personally I think Timmy is better. I think we’ve unearthed an absolute gem in him. By the time the season is done he will be a wanted man. It sounds really bad, and I’m ashamed to suggest it, but we could possibly think about selling Ricardo at the end of the season. BR does have a dilemma on his hands now. 

On 22/01/2021 at 14:55, LVocey said:

Pre-Injury Ricardo was better in my opinion, but who knows if Pre-Injury Ricardo comes back. It's a huge period of time to lose in a short career. Think that's why we will see him at RW rather than RB more often than not for the rest of this season, as it will allow a little more security while he gets sharp again.

Justin being moved to LB just as Ricardo gets back to the squad is a big nod to me that Brendon see's Justin as first choice LB and Castagne more as a backup option.

No way Castagne is dropped. It would be a monumental blunder.

I think Pereira could be on his way to PSG in the summer.

Despite the result yesterday, it was good to see him on the pitch. Every time a Leeds player went in on him I could feel my heart in my throat.

I wonder if we'll see JJ, Pereira and Castagne on the same pitch at some point. Can definitely see Castagne operating further up the pitch. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Love his smile and happy nature :D 

Similar to Wilf, they just love to play and it's so great to see Ricardo back.

Let’s be honest this guy is awesome and clearly loves it here he absolutely has no ego . Hope he stays for a while longer if he doesn’t then no worries, doesn’t strike me a a guy that would go on strike or try to force a move . Glad he’s back 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Let’s be honest this guy is awesome and clearly loves it here he absolutely has no ego . Hope he stays for a while longer if he doesn’t then no worries, doesn’t strike me a a guy that would go on strike or try to force a move . Glad he’s back 

:fc::fc::fc::fc::fc:

• Like 1

Thought he was good against Fulham and started to look like the player he is, so I think he'll be back to his best in a couple of games. 

It's such a tough call as to where he can play, as there is no way we can justify dropping Castange and Justin after the seasons they've had but I think we could ultimately play 5-3-2 as Ricardo is realistically a wing back and not a winger and that would allow us to get our strongest players on the pitch, with Barnes and Vardy up front and Maddison behind with Tielemans and Ndidi sitting. 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Thought he was good against Fulham and started to look like the player he is, so I think he'll be back to his best in a couple of games. 

It's such a tough call as to where he can play, as there is no way we can justify dropping Castange and Justin after the seasons they've had but I think we could ultimately play 5-3-2 as Ricardo is realistically a wing back and not a winger and that would allow us to get our strongest players on the pitch, with Barnes and Vardy up front and Maddison behind with Tielemans and Ndidi sitting. 

I definately think that's one option. Another is Ricardo in Marc Albrightons spot. I think the role would be perfect for him. 

Either formation would use the same system, suppose it depends if you would prefer Barnes as a striker and JJ at RCB or Ricardo as a winger. 

Although, with the same personal, I dont see why the two couldn't be fluid. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2021 at 07:37, Pliskin said:

Personally I think Timmy is better. I think we’ve unearthed an absolute gem in him. By the time the season is done he will be a wanted man. It sounds really bad, and I’m ashamed to suggest it, but we could possibly think about selling Ricardo at the end of the season. BR does have a dilemma on his hands now. 

I think you are forgetting how good a player Ricardo was pre-injury, Castagne has been good but in general play Ricardo offers a lot more.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I definately think that's one option. Another is Ricardo in Marc Albrightons spot. I think the role would be perfect for him. 

Either formation would use the same system, suppose it depends if you would prefer Barnes as a striker and JJ at RCB or Ricardo as a winger. 

I think that is what may happen when/if everyone is fully fit.

ricardo will give the work rate that MA does, but Ricardo is a better footballer.

• Like 1

I’m really not one for playing players out of position or converting players but I do think on this occasion it would at least be an interesting experiment to try Ricardo right wing with Justin behind and Castagne at LB. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My only concern is whether Ricardo would be able to contribute enough goals and assists at RW to become effective. In my opinion he is really good at navigating through tight areas and driving forward but don't think he always delivers in the final third which isn't really his natural game.

I might be wrong and I certainly think he's a much better footballer than Marc but Albrighton has that final ball in him that creates goals even when he's not playing that well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

My only concern is whether Ricardo would be able to contribute enough goals and assists at RW to become effective. In my opinion he is really good at navigating through tight areas and driving forward but don't think he always delivers in the final third which isn't really his natural game.

I might be wrong and I certainly think he's a much better footballer than Marc but Albrighton has that final ball in him that creates goals even when he's not playing that well. 

That's a fair comment. I couldn't see him getting as many assists as MA but I could certainly see him scoring more from an advanced position as it was never Albrightons game.

• Like 1

Back to his best against Fulham, one of our best signings ever, didn’t hit the ground running in his first few months but has now proved himself as one of the best attacking right backs in world football, would like to see what he’s like with Ünder playing in front of him, with Justin and Castagne on the left side when Rodgers move Barnes into a more central role alongside Vardy or as his replacement... 

Hopefully Ricardo sees out his career with us... :appl:

46 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m really not one for playing players out of position or converting players but I do think on this occasion it would at least be an interesting experiment to try Ricardo right wing with Justin behind and Castagne at LB. 

The beauty of that is that we could seamlessly switch between a back 4 and 5, depending on the circumstances of a match and the opposition.

However, my preference would be to let the 3 full backs battle it out for the 2 places in a 4 at the back (competition for places will enhance their performances). If we do well and qualify for Europe again there will be plenty of game time for them all as we'll need to rotate anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The beauty of that is that we could seamlessly switch between a back 4 and 5, depending on the circumstances of a match and the opposition.

However, my preference would be to let the 3 full backs battle it out for the 2 places in a 4 at the back (competition for places will enhance their performances). If we do well and qualify for Europe again there will be plenty of game time for them all as we'll need to rotate anyway. 

Yeah I kind of agree, I’m not a fan of square pegs in rounds holes as I’ve said but would like to see it in action. It’s such a great problem to have. I’m amazed at quite how well Justin has done this season. Always rated him but felt last season he was probably our “weakest” starter but he’s stepped up massively and its great to see. 

Edited by RumbleFox

The RW and LW positions are so dynamic now, it's not like maybe 20 years a go where a lot of teams were playing 4-4-2 and your winger would mostly run up and down the touchline crossing over for some shithouse in the box. 

I think the position is so different depending on how the opposition sets up, do they park the bus or are we hitting them on the counter? 

The most effective player we've ever had was Mahrez who made it look so simple as he'd cut back on to his left and score goal after goal, the ultimate reason to play the game, score goals, no nonsense the king of the position. Mahrez was at his best when we were countering and teams used to let him do it time and time again without learning so he'd often have a field day. 

Barnes has started to do this a bit more now but he's such an athlete he tends to be able to bulldoze past people even when there is a packed defence so Barnes can be useful in both counter and possession based scenarios. 

Under - not entirely sure where his strengths are at the moment as we haven't seen too much from him but he seems to me more of a creative winger that is good on a quick counter when the opposition defence isn't quite set. He seems to struggle when the opposition are set and he has too much time to think.

This brings me on to Ricardo. I feel he could be useful in the RW position if they are parking the bus as he seems to play some very good quick one twos and can be released to the byline with some intricate triangles. Ultimately he's better when he's galloping into space though. 

Edited by Collymore

Wednesday was the first glimpse of just how devastating Ricardo is when back to full fitness. I'd almost forgotten the level he is as a player. Fingers crossed he has a trouble free run to the end of the season as he is going to be so crucial to our assault on the 3 competitions we're trying to win.

• Like 2