Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

Remember that Ricardo was also most effective with a winger in front of him, without that he has to run that channel on his own. Changing to a 4-3-3 changes his role massively. 

As other have said, he can back from an ACL and thrown straight back in to it with Justin being out. A full pre season under him and he’ll be back in form. 

• Like 4

I thought he was fine... Not the same as pre injury but as Stan says, a knee injury is probably the worst one and unless you've had one, you really don't understand the psychological aspect you're constantly fighting. You've kind of got to reprogramme your brain.

Still, bit worrying that we're playing with a left wing back out of position. Thought the big selling point of Timmy was that he was just as good at left back. Obviously a bonus that he's a very good right back but means Justin won't get the luxury of time that Ricardo had to get fit again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't think he should start again this season, he was a huge nuisance to us 1st half. Castagne finally had a quality half on the left and I'd rather Thomas get some starts if Albrighton isn't going to be picked and do whatever Ricardo needs to do off the field to get back. 

....dropping him for the rest of the season is not going to do much for his confidence!!!

Playing Castagne at Right Back and Thomas at Left Back does work, it feels more comfortable with four at the back, Albrighton Wide Left and Ricardo Wide Right. Ricardo's' problems were mainly receiving the ball and transitioning mechanically instead of instinctively, his positioning was good today.

Bringing Thomas back into the team is what he needs and he can do a great job for us while JJ is out injured. The game he had against Pepe should not be something to beat him with, I recall Liam Moore had a poor game and Pearson dropped him as if he was the sole reason for the poor performance, I do not think he really recovered and took the move to another club to restart his career.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Desperately sad watching him right now 😢...

That ACL injury has devastated his progress and he looks half the player he was pre injury.

Hope it doesn't do the same to JJ.

It doesn't help we're asking him to run up and down the right side by himself, no support from Perez playing an inverted winger role he was used to in previous seasons. He's a full back who's great at overlapping whoever is playing in front of him.

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Yard off the pace, looks in two minds, no creative flair. It's a major worry to see arguably your strongest outlet become one of your weakest on return.

Imagine saying a year ago that in any game, Ricky & Vardy could be your two worst players?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm confident he'll be back to normal, or as close can possibly be, by the start of next season. 

Fingers crossed, if not for our benefit then at least for himself individually. 

Yeah, hoping a good pre-season can get him going again really 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Although due to injuries he had a poor season, I wouldn’t be surprised if PSG started sniffing around him again if they don’t manage to get Hakimi

No chance they are going to pay what we want on the back of a ACL and a as yet not looking anywhere near the player he was.