Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Oh he was top tier. If you'd have said in summer 2021 he'd be on his way to Barcelona, Man City or PSG, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Doubt those moves would be on the cards now. Not for him to be first team, mega money signing. 

From a purely selfish point of view scenarios like this aren't a bad thing for us as a club. Similar to Maddison. If he carried on what he was at the start of the season and was at the Euros now they'd be a big chance he's gone. As it stands we have a player certain to stay who we know can be class. 

If we had all these players at their absolute peak we probably wouldn't keep any.

I just thought he looked shot and shorn of confidence towards the end. He looked as frustrated as we felt. I do hope alongside the physio, someone gets in his ear (sports psych) and reminds him he can be absolutely boss. A big injury lay off, when your a gazelle, must be hard to take. He was used to skinning full backs for fun. And then he returns and it wasn't clicking. Come back the real Riccy P.

With Castgne's injury and JJ not back until possibly November we really need Ricky back to his best from the start of the Season.

I guess it's Ricky and Thomas as our full backs to start the season, Unless we sign Bertrand , Which will be a little hard on Thomas. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

With Castgne's injury and JJ not back until possibly November we really need Ricky back to his best from the start of the Season.

I guess it's Ricky and Thomas as our full backs to start the season, Unless we sign Bertrand , Which will be a little hard on Thomas. 

Castagne hopefully shouldn't be an issue for next season

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Tim will be fine for pre season.

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Castagne hopefully shouldn't be an issue for next season

7 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Tim will be fine for pre season.

I hope you are both right. We're talking about 7 to 8 weeks time then there's training to consider as he will be behind the rest of the squad.

Let's hope he has no complications as we need all our best players available.

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In the last couple games when he came on as a sub, Ricky showed more aggression than the rest of the lads put together! 

id say he is desperate to get himself back to his best - whether his knee will allow is the question 

That's why I wasn't so down when we lost to Spurs. Seeing that familiar blur racing up and down the pitch again. Him and Justin so important to the way we play. Amazing to think of what we'll do with out all the injuries.

• 3 weeks later...

Ricardo wasn't anywhere near his outstanding form of the previous 2 seasons but you could tell the injury was still getting the better of him.

You couldn't fault him for effort. Would be brilliant to get some of his old form back. A beast on the right side.

Guest SO1
4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Ricardo wasn't anywhere near his outstanding form of the previous 2 seasons but you could tell the injury was still getting the better of him.

You couldn't fault him for effort. Would be brilliant to get some of his old form back. A beast on the right side.

I saw some of that Blue Blur in the second half against Spurs. Its happening.

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

From the looks of his Instagram he has trained like an absolute demon this summer. 

He's looked like a boxer in camp for a big fight and pre season hasnt started yet!  We will see in August if he still has it. But If it's not there after his horrific injury it's certainly not from a lack of effort on his part. 

If he wants inspiration he only needs look at luke shaw who was out for longer than him and is now playing the best football of his career. 

how long has it taken Luke Shaw to get back to form?