Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Going to WBA

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Hamza needs more game time. on loan is perfect because if he does well we can sell him for a decent sum or even bring someone back in that’s gained a valuable experience..

He wouldn't get it at Newcastle, he doesn't improve them

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

May be just haggling over an obligation  to buy.

Could be. However, we have to be wary of that rope a dope Manchester City tactic they used with Iheanacho. They insisted on a sum of money and a 50m buy back clause. That implicitly tends to suggest that they believe him to be a really good player with potential, thereby making us more even more keen to want to sign him. Pep isn't stupid. He would have known precisely what potential Iheanacho had and there was a reason he wasn't getting a look in there any more. Likewise, NMN has already supposedly said he doesn't want Southampton or West Brom. If they play hard enough to get, we may just sign a loan deal with an obligation instead of an option to buy which is what we've supposedly offered. In that way they can dump him. We don't need another full back/wing back. Only he thinks he's a midfielder. Video clips supposedly show players in their best light. His look a bit shite. He looks strong and physical but quite cumbersome and not in control of the ball, certainly not of the quality of someone with ambitions of being a midfielder. We don't need squad fillers. Of they're not better or at least as good as what we've got then wait until summer. 

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Where? Replacing who?

We play basically 2X a week for the next three months.  Maddison and Tielemans aren't going to play all of those games even if they don't get hurt, and they currently have no backup.

Edited by Deeg67

5 minutes ago, Ugandan Gooner said:

Arsenal fan here. His passing and general technique is excellent. Comfortable with both feet, goes past people with ease and rarely ever gets beaten one on one.

His biggest problem is sometimes the game looks a bit too easy and he can get overly casual. He’s confident but there are fine margins.

I think he’ll thrive in midfield. Arteta’s an idiot for letting him go and keeping Elneny.

This is reassuring, considering we were linked with Elneny for about 3 years straight.

Welcome from Uganda!

• Thanks 2

Just now, MPH said:

we’ll see.

He's not better than Hendrick, Shelvey, Haydon or either of the Longstaffs. He's faster than all of them to be fair, I'll give him that.

I hope they do sign him as it'll make up a bit for shafting us with Perez.

23 minutes ago, Ugandan Gooner said:

Arsenal fan here. His passing and general technique is excellent. Comfortable with both feet, goes past people with ease and rarely ever gets beaten one on one.

His biggest problem is sometimes the game looks a bit too easy and he can get overly casual. He’s confident but there are fine margins.

I think he’ll thrive in midfield. Arteta’s an idiot for letting him go and keeping Elneny.

Closest in style you’ll get to Praet, just needs to work on his work rate. Sadly can’t see Arsenal letting him come here. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stu said:

Us or nothing then...

Southampton want a right back and Maitland-Niles has made it completely clear that he wants to play in midfield.

I suspect he'll go to West Brom because he'll play every week there.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's not better than Hendrick, Shelvey, Haydon or either of the Longstaffs. He's faster than all of them to be fair, I'll give him that.

I hope they do sign him as it'll make up a bit for shafting us with Perez.

The price tag for perez was NOT 30m. that was the price they touted to the media to save face.

Not sure how else they could have shafted us... it’s upto our own scouting team to determine if someone is of sufficient quality or not.. they didn’t force us to buy him..

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

The price tag for perez was NOT 30m. that was the price they touted to the media to save face.

Not sure how else they could have shafted us... it’s upto our own scouting team to determine if someone is of sufficient quality or not.. they didn’t force us to buy him..

We shafted ourselves for sure haha. It'll still feel like pay back if we manage to offload Hamza to them.