Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

We'll do well to keep hold of a Top 6 spot. There are so many teams close together.

The way we are playing, how tired we look and the injuries we have, I can't see us get many more wins until the end of the season. The next 3 weeks are massive. If we can get out of that period with decent result, maybe we can succeed but I have huge doubts.

Real shame for this squad as no doubt players will leave in the summer but injuries have cost us.

28 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Next three games are Burnley, Brighton, Sheff U. We need to win all three to have any chance  realistically. International break cannot come soon enough. Barnes injury is a sickener, we just can’t afford to lose that quality, and those who are fit look exhausted and out of ideas.

I can’t see us finishing top 6 based on how it looks right now, but we have achieved less likely feats in the past. 

We basically need to shithouse some wins, like we did against Arsenal earlier in the season.

It's not over until it's over, we're gonna struggle and we'll need Vardy in some form if it's gonna happen.

• Like 2

What do we realistically need to finish top 4?  6 wins from 12 minimum would be my guess and would probably get us over the line.  Currently I think that's a tall order with form and injuries

4 wins maybe from 12 with a few draws might scrape 6th.  That seems more realistic considering the circumstances.

I fear we may miss out though altogether and finish 7th.  We've been here before with a dozen games to go but we don't have anywhere near the lead we had back then.

Tough one isn’t it because 9 points from Burnley, Brighton and Sheff U puts us right back in the driving seat and obviously that isn’t out of the question.

However it’s a tough ask to go to Burnley and grind a result out with our apparent weak mentality. Brighton create loads of chances but just can’t score (hold our drink) and Sheff United are under no pressure anymore they’re already relegated so depends which Leicester turns up. 

My head is completely scrambled having to contemplate the idea of history repeating itself, It completely did me last year and it will be doubly tough having to see it happen again. That win away at Villa last week I thought was a sign that we were a bit more together mentally but I think Slavia and today proves that that was a bit of a premature assumption. I just dunno lads, I’m tired. 

Edited by Manini

47 minutes ago, Manini said:

Tough one isn’t it because 9 points from Burnley, Brighton and Sheff U puts us right back in the driving seat and obviously that isn’t out of the question.

However it’s a tough ask to go to Burnley and grind a result out with our apparent weak mentality. Brighton create loads of chances but just can’t score (hold our drink) and Sheff United are under no pressure anymore they’re already relegated so depends which Leicester turns up. 

My head is completely scrambled having to contemplate the idea of history repeating itself, It completely did me last year and it will be doubly tough having to see it happen again. That win away at Villa last week I thought was a sign that we were a bit more together mentally but I think Slavia and today proves that that was a bit of a premature assumption. I just dunno lads, I’m tired. 

Plenty more going on in the world than this mate.

Relax, have a beer, enjoy the United vs. Chelsea game and chill out. We probably only need 5 wins and a draw from our remaining games to guarantee Europa League football, it's a tough ask but it's still possible, even with a injury hit squad.

• Thanks 1

I'm leaning towards no after today mostly due to injuries. 7 or 9 points from the next 3 would massively help though. The run of 3 games now, and the run of 4 games after West Ham are absolutely huge.

I suspect we see Liverpool and Chelsea as potential rivals for these spots. Been a shit week but if Utd can win today and then Liverpool and Chelsea play out a draw in mid-week we might still have a fairly healthy gap.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's nothing to do with bottle 

It certainly was last season (I appreciate we're talking about the here and now though).

As you said yesterday we have explanations for what is happening now, although I still think there is a massive tinge of excuse given we've had injuries to key players all season and no-one really noted or talked about them yet now the wheels are coming off we'll decided to mention them - our recent teams have arguably been the closest we've had all season to what we'd have called our expected strongest team at the start of the season but we've looked a shadow of ourselves and performances are getting worse, there lies the question when does an explanation become an excuse.

Also surely last season mentality is in the whole squad, management, fans, the whole clubs mind, you then have to question the bottle.

Deja Vu, PTSD (Bit ott), whatever, this is alarmingly similar form, attitude and stale performances to the slide last season.

Edited by Matt

A lot said about the last 3 games. 

Man City should have the title wrapped up by then and I'd imagine Utd will be comfortable top 4 already. 

Chelsea could be pivotal but may have CL and FA Cup on their minds as well.

Spurs might not have anything to play for, league wise but might still be in the later stages of Europe and some of their players might be thinking of the Euros. 

Spurs might also want to do a payback on Chelsea for 'That Game' if it comes to it. 

Will be tough but we never quit 

RIGHT? 

😄

2 hours ago, M0901 said:

Nope all over now, we’ve lost two matches so that means everything goes downhill from here it seems

Obviously you're being sarcastic but you have to admit it looks bleak with the injury crisis we have. Also last season might start to creep back into the minds of the players and teams might be less fearful of playing against us. It's not impossible by any means but today couldn't have gone much worse

I'm still saying yes! Little Wes is back training, Perez hopefully this week. Praet is back training in a week. Maddison soon hopefully once pain resides. Barnes in April fingers crossed. Get some points in these next 3 games and limp to international break so they all get a rest! 

• Like 1