Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

I think we may just make it.

Games like yesterday, an away day point which sees one point gained and a player returning from injury is a positive. Villa lost to Sheff U and Man United could only draw at Palace which was a strong night for us.

Iversen

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Thomas

Albrighton - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - Under

Maddison - Praet - Barnes

Perez

Most of the above are unavailable through injury and loan in addition to starting on the bench. Hopefully all (bar Under) will have a part to play in a Champions League effort next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

I think we may just make it.

Games like yesterday, an away day point which sees one point gained and a player returning from injury is a positive. Villa lost to Sheff U and Man United could only draw at Palace which was a strong night for us.

Iversen

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Thomas

Albrighton - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - Under

Maddison - Praet - Barnes

Perez

Most of the above are unavailable through injury and loan in addition to starting on the bench. Hopefully all (bar Under) will have a part to play in a Champions League effort next season.

This. After Villa and Man United dropping points I think it's evident that fatigue is really kicking in across the board now. Think we still need a bit of luck as it's really tight but I'm more positive than I was after our match ended

Just need Vardy to bag against Brighton or Sheffield Utd to up his confidence. Also a blessing there's only 3 more matches this month (and we may throw the FA Cup game, which would be entirely forgiveable this season) so the players can finally get a bit of rest between matches

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But as you said, we could have everyone other the Barnes fit. 

And who to say what shape they will be in.

Fixtures at the moment are being very kind.

At full strength yea, we will be more than a match for them. Lets just hope we don't suffer any set backs! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

And Justin. We have really missed him.

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Barnes could be back mid to late April. He could be back about a month before we face Chelsea or Spurs. We could have everyone but JJ back.

• Like 1

We will be fine after this weekend in terms of being on a level footing at worse with other teams regarding games to play and fatigue.  A few bodies due back soon as well and the one game a week scenario most weeks will help us. A shame we play a side on Saturday who’ve had the full week off. 

Edited by OrielCaziado

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

And Justin. We have really missed him.

How could I forget JJ :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Barnes could be back mid to late April. He could be back about a month before we face Chelsea or Spurs. We could have everyone but JJ back.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Just looking at the table from 5th downwards gives me hope.

Liverpool are 7pts behind with 11 to play. That's still quite a big ask especially if we find some form and they continue to be average.

Tottenham are no great shakes and are 8pts behind with a game in hand.

The other two are West Ham and Everton who are having great seasons but if they overtake us it will probably be more because of us being poor.

We have two league games in the next four weeks against Brighton (a) & Sheffield Utd (h). Four points from those games and a few of the lads coming back from injury and some rest and recuperation could be a springboard for us for top four. No one looks secure for top four outside of Man City at the moment. Still all to play for and how different would it look with some favourable results in the next 10 days and Maddison back and Barnes ahead of schedule.

The X-Files “I Want to Believe” Poster's Origin Story | The New Republic

If I could open a thread I'd call this " A word  of cheer for LCFC." I think its very important that LCFC have a top 4 finish, not just for LCFC but also for football. Basically because we might just be the future in our small way for football. We're entering the home straight of this season. Maybe I'm biased but in my opinion in the world of PL football we of all the 20 clubs maybe more than any other  are probably the most worthy champions, let alone top 4. 

Why ,well all PL clubs cheat, whether it's minor like taking the ball to the corner flag in the dying minutes of a game or very serious such as breaking UEFAs or the PL financial rules to gain an advantage. It seems to me being as objective as I can be that we cheat less than most,maybe all. We don't do a lot of diving, we don't feign injury, and we don't make excuses. Well we do but noticeably less than the others and certainly less than the big six. I also believe we have the right philosophy for upholding the sporting values of football. Even in professional golf which at one time was among the highest rewarded of sports (not that long ago , I remember it).the days when Jack Nicholas could forbear making Tom Watson play a missable putt to halve the score in the Open ,after 4 rounds of fierce competition are long gone. Nicklaus of course did it graciously " I know you would n't have missed it" . We'll never know.

So I think a win for LCFC is important ,mostly to us, but provided we continue to uphold some sort of standards, to all the smaller , less rich clubs , right the way down to football's basement. We're not going to win the PL this year but if we can get a top 4 finish we might win it next year and maybe even the CL within 10 years. That would take a miracle but its not impossible. Fortunately imo a £100m footballer is usually only worth say £50m, a £200m footballer say £70m, a £400m footballer maybe £100m ,a law of decreasing returns . And all of them might not be worth as much as three Championship footballers in a team that really , really want to get through to the next round even where deep down they know they will then probably lose.

Just prompted by watching Fulham v Spurs, and thinking "there ain't no justice". Well we all know that if we're old enough to have read Catch 22 which has a long , very funny , passage on Justice starting "Justice is a knife in the back , down a dark alley, between the legs with a boot, by VAR......." or words to that effect. (I made the VAR bit up).

Also stuff Football Statistics , I still think we've had the worst injury luck of all.   I warned in another post (strangled ) about applying statistics to Human affairs,such as football.

I think I could have called it "Why I think BR is a Good Fit for LCFC". Luckily I think Man C might be among the best of the rest but they're monied and a bit entitled.

Edited by Alan Frost

At this point its anyones year to make 2nd to 4th. 2 losses in a row and the other teams can leap frog us.

Every game (not just thoselast few tough games) is vital to pick up maximum points if we want to make this happen.

I think if we can manage to win 7 or more games (or 21+ points)  that will be enough to guarantee champs league. Anything less nada! Its doable but if we take max points out of any team thats not a contender (ie brighton,  sheff, westbrom, palace, Southampton,  newcastle)  and perhaps a win against westham that could it. Easier said then done and we all know that. I think we will win 5 of the above games,  then need a win against one of the big boys and a draw or two. Will that be enough though?  Fook knows this has so many ways to get there.

Take it 1 game at a time and hope Vardy ends  these last 11 games as a man possessed by smashing the ball into the back of the old onion sack over and over again.

I do not think we will due to injuries. We just don't have the depth of squad yet.

That said, if we just miss out,  I'll still be incredibly proud of the boys. If we can avoid injuries we should be aiming for Europe again. Our full strength side can match almost every other team in the division. 

So who fault is it that we have only 3 attacking midfielders , and one decent forward . 2 midfielders injured and one has been run into the ground . Vardy is either injured or he is not interested he has been poor over the last few weeks . And yes when all are fit we can beat any side but we need more depth, yet the last window went by and no - one