Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

People saying we need so many points from the next so many games is daft. 

It's a bonkers season. We have beaten many 'top' sides & lost to very average/poor sides. The season has 1/3 to go. It will not be decided over our next 3 games. 

Rubbish. If we miss out by a point or so again the game we'll look back on are the Fulham at home type fixtures where we threw points away not failing to beat the top clubs. We need to capitalise on the easier fixtures to give ourselves the best chance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Honestly, I will take 6th tight now and another Europa League campaign. We are only 7 points ahead of 7th with 2 extra games played.

I'm not sure we need another Europa campaign. £1.5m total for the 8 games we played isn't going to progress the club.

The only point of being in it is winning it, we won't have the squad for that unless we first have the financial rewards of several Champions League seasons.

• Like 1

We began to look fragile just as last year's death spiral performance. We look vulnerable, inclined to lose points against any team yet we are still to play Chelsea, Westham , Manunited and Totenham. Hope Chelsea and Liverpool draw, however I have no hope with this style of chaos football we would survive top 4, we cant even get a penalty position anymore.

Edited by Greyowl
last for was edited as top four

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The killer is we’ve still got to play Chelsea and Spurs.....

And Man United. And West Ham. And Man City.

The more we drop points like tonight the more pressure on those games.

Edited by Stevosevic

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I am not seeing the similarities of last season tbh. 

This seems purely down to a load of injuries, fatigue of fighting on 3 fronts and a lack of investment over two windows. 

It's still completely in our hands and we have players coming back and more rest between games. 

It's not over yet :scarf:

I don’t understand the comparisons because we haven’t gone on a run like last season yet. We haven’t won in two league games, that isn’t anything to be concerned about, players are coming back too. We will have a chance to rest players for almost a week between matches something we have rarely had. 

• Like 1

Whilst Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man U on paper have better squads than ours, they are all in European competitions and I feel this will have an impact on them towards the end of the season. It may not be a bad time to play 3 of them in our last 3 games. Hopefully Man U will have secured a CL place, Chelsea still in Europe and Spurs nothing to play for would be ideal.

West Ham and Everton may put up a challenge, but they are no better off squad wise than us and now we are out of Europe we are on the same playing field regarding fixture congestion.

I'm still optimistic, with players coming back over the last 6 to 8 games, that we can still achieve top 4.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

This is my prediction from the Villa game onwards. This doesn’t factor in the injury crisis however if we can see through Brighton and Sheffield United, we will still be in good stead for a possible top 4 run.

Aston Villa (A) - Draw (47) - Win (49)

Arsenal (H) - Draw (48) -Loss (49)

Burnley (A) - Win (51) - Draw (50)

Brighton (A) - Win (54)

Sheff U (H) - Win (57)

Man City (H) - Lose (57)

West Ham (A) - Lose (57)

West Brom (H) - Win (60)

Crystal Palace (A) - Win (63)

Southampton (A) - Draw (64)

Newcastle (H) - Win (67)

Man U (A) - Draw (68)

Chelsea (A) - Lose (68)

Spurs (H) - Win (71)

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

7 wins needed out of 11 with spurs, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and West Ham to play it’s a huge ask in my opinion 

Will also depend on how our challengers do. I wouldn't put it past Chelsea and Man U having a dip, not to mention Liverpool looking a shadow of themselves. 

But I am with you, have to take care of our own business and 7 wins should do it 

Burnley should have been winnable. 

We’ve been ravaged by injuries. We are playing 3rd or 4th choices in Amartey and Choudhury. Hamza was practically put of the door in January. 

We’ve got to be realistic and state that it’ll be a massive achievement if we make the top 4. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Burnley should have been winnable. 

We’ve been ravaged by injuries. We are playing 3rd or 4th choices in Amartey and Choudhury. Hamza was practically put of the door in January. 

We’ve got to be realistic and state that it’ll be a massive achievement if we make the top 4. 

This that’s why I think it will be a massive ask, it’s not because of the players performances etc but because of all the injuries we have 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

7 wins needed out of 11 with spurs, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and West Ham to play it’s a huge ask in my opinion 

We may be OK with 6 wins (or 5 wins 2/3 draws). However, unless we win our next two games, I struggle to see where we pick those points up.

• Like 1

It really is going to come down to the finest detail for whoever makes it, we start with our buffer then every result for all involved and every week as the games remaining total reduces the picture will get clearer, maintaining the same points buffer any given week is a step closer to achieving top 4 but things like who meets each other shouldn't be overlooked, Liverpool and Chelsea can't both win all their remaining games - they have to play each other etc so when you factor that in it's not a case of we have to reach "x" points because our rivals could achieve that unless you make those adjustments. I could see Liverpool sorting themselves out and going on a very good run, unbeaten with just a couple of draws, other than that even though I see Chelsea and Spurs improving I don't quite see their ability to do the same as Liverpool could, Chelsea seem too focused on being tight and could draw a lot of games.