Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Brighton (FA Cup) - Match Thread - 10/02/2021

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

It’s not just Amartey - and it’s also why Under isn’t in the game. He only receives the ball when he is static and gives it away trying to make a forward pass whilst going backwards.

Under has been ineffective but the ball keeps being fed down the left so he's not seen much of it.

6 minutes ago, Oldhatter said:

Why not put Justin on corners he used to take them both sides at Luton, whipped in and accurate, and even if opposition broke he always seemed to get back

I’d be up for trying that.

I’d be up for trying anything to sort our corners out tbh

Would love someone to get near Vardy.

We are almost playing a 5-4-1 with Under and Perez play so wide and deep. 

Would take Campbell of and stick someone in at 10 and go 4-2-3-1.

Perez, Under and Vardy's touch has been dreadful. 

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

I’m having to listen to stringer - is it really as bad as you lot are making it sound?

I like to think that I’m not as reactive as some on here, but that was genuinely awful.

Brighton were bad - we were worse!! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

This is also further proof that playing 3cbs really only works against Man City.

It works where you have space to counter. When you have to push the play, you need more of a link between midfield and attack. 3-5-2/5-3-2 works better then 3-4-3 which is the type of tactic which has made Wolves so crap 

5 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

They seem to be deliberately not passing to Daley-Campbell; lack of confidence in him? 

Also, what's the point of Perez standing for the short corner, then heading back to the middle, but Tielemans doesn't wait for him to get in a decent position.

Barnes, Albrighton, and Maddison otherwise it's cheerio.

Agree with that 2nd sentence. It happened  2 or 3 times.  It just reduces our presence in the box.

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

To be fair on the half I watched, its the system which is failing not so much the players.  Its a system not set up to win nor is it a system not set up to lose.  Its just...well...11 players on a pitch with no direction whatsoever.  We are lucky to be 0-0 and playing Brighton because had we been set out like this against anyone decent, we'd be 3 or 4 down by now. 

100% agree! 

Just now, oxtonfox said:

What was the point of putting in the effort at Stoke and Brentford with stronger teams and purposeful formations? only to put out a confused formation and use this game like a friendly in the fifth round?

Probably because there's a big game on Saturday... 

• Like 1