Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What are you basing that on? How often do you watch Celtic? Eduoard has had a shocking season but outwith that has certainly looked good enough. Mcgegor in my opinion is better than Praet, Mendy and Choudhury. Ajer looks like he could be a decent PL defender. 

The could play for burnley maybe...

Look I am not anti Celtic... I just don't see any if their players in a top six side.  In the future they might have someone... but not now.

If we were heading for the championship then I would reconsider.   I am impressed by Cedric at arsenal and I believe he will continue to improve along with arsenal under artsta

8 hours ago, gerblod said:

Wolves rumoured to be wanting to offload Adama Traore to facilitate new signings. £30m "could be enough". 

Is he at the level City would require for a right winger, or is he just a Hufflepuff?

He's nowhere near the level we require. There was a point that he looked to be pushing to the next level but just stalled. He's a poor mans Antonio imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

He's nowhere near the level we require. There was a point that he looked to be pushing to the next level but just stalled. He's a poor mans Antonio imo. 

Insulting on Antonio. 

Adama Traore is a rich man's Demarai Gray.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

I'm having an existential crisis - I don't think I've ever seen FT in agreement about something more than being yes on Abraham, but I've watched him a decent amount and it's pretty confident no from me.  Part of that is the price.  I mean, 15m?  Sure.  But he's not worth 25+, and I'd think they'd want that.  I'm sick of Rich 6 teams being able to offload their deadweight for tens of millions (Morata a pretty good example for the same club) and would be annoyed if we fell in that trap.

But - I also just don't think he's that good.  I guess that leaves me in the minority, which I'll accept.  I also love Traore and would pay 25-30m for him way before Tammy.  

Other than the bit about Traore, in agreement with you.

9 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Fully agree Traore has stalled, I would like to see your opinion on if you think he offers something different to anything else we have though? I feel Traore will always occupy 2 defenders because of his speed and ability to go past a player. Leaving potentially more space for Barnes, Vardy, Kelechi and Maddison. For 30 million I don't think the fee is that bad. Maybe a change could be good for him. Roughly 1 year ago he was being talked about for double the figure due to his performances. Potentially could sell Perez and Hamza (not due to last weekend party) just on players who we can likely improve as squad players for 20-25 million for them both. Then Traore maybe for 5 million more. I think with Traore there is a player who could be useful option for our team.  

• Like 1

Yesterday reinforced the need for another striker. We had nobody to bring on off the bench. When Vardy went down I thought that was it. No way were we going to force a win with one striker. Whatever it takes and, within reason, whatever it costs this has to happen now.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yesterday reinforced the need for another striker. We had nobody to bring on off the bench. When Vardy went down I thought that was it. No way were we going to force a win with one striker. Whatever it takes and, within reason, whatever it costs this has to happen now.

And it will, just hope we get the right one. Our record at signing strikers and wingers is horrid in the PL.

13 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Fully agree Traore has stalled, I would like to see your opinion on if you think he offers something different to anything else we have though? I feel Traore will always occupy 2 defenders because of his speed and ability to go past a player. Leaving potentially more space for Barnes, Vardy, Kelechi and Maddison. For 30 million I don't think the fee is that bad. Maybe a change could be good for him. Roughly 1 year ago he was being talked about for double the figure due to his performances. Potentially could sell Perez and Hamza (not due to last weekend party) just on players who we can likely improve as squad players for 20-25 million for them both. Then Traore maybe for 5 million more. I think with Traore there is a player who could be useful option for our team.  

100%, that's what frustrates me watching Traore. He's strong, players bounce of him and he can run with the ball which draws players towards him. That bit is great. But it doesn't mean anything unless something comes of it. I don't really mean scoring goals either. It's that final link up. Having players in space created by Traore doesn't mean much if he can't get the ball to them. If BR felt he could push him onto the next level consistently I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd bully defenders, be a nightmare to play against, have that speed of Vardy to harry and panic the opposition. But I get the sense Nuno is a pretty good coach (I don't follow Wolves enough to know if that's actually true) so I suspect this is Traore's level. Which is fine, just not for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

100%, that's what frustrates me watching Traore. He's strong, players bounce of him and he can run with the ball which draws players towards him. That bit is great. But it doesn't mean anything unless something comes of it. I don't really mean scoring goals either. It's that final link up. Having players in space created by Traore doesn't mean much if he can't get the ball to them. If BR felt he could push him onto the next level consistently I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd bully defenders, be a nightmare to play against, have that speed of Vardy to harry and panic the opposition. But I get the sense Nuno is a pretty good coach (I don't follow Wolves enough to know if that's actually true) so I suspect this is Traore's level. Which is fine, just not for us. 

You need intelligence at the top level and Traore lacks the guile to provide those crucial final balls.

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Imagine if their were grounds for the top 6 players to abandon their contracts and become free agents and a bunch of them took up the option....

Could fill our boots. 

Fantasy greedy six transfer thread needed

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

So if Kane wants to secure that goal scoring record in the PL and play for England, what's the chances we could buy him from Spurs? If he puts in a transfer request and demands a move no matter the price. 

Depends if VAR  counts his chin as being offside or not..

28 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Wow, our first albino player.

(Fingers crossed this isn't an offensive word to the skin pigmentally challenged as well as potential accusations of racism)

Information Bulletin – What Do You Call Me?

For many people the term “albino” brings to mind images of a person or animal with a pale complexion and pink eyes. The term “albinism,” by contrast, is less commonplace or recognizable to people who may not know a person with the condition. We all know that words can be powerful, so how do you say that someone is an albino without being disrespectful?

Words Can Hurt or Heal

In the albinism community, opinions vary on the use of the word albino. While some find it extraordinarily offensive, others feel the label carries neutral or even empowering connotations. Many people with albinism agree that their feelings depend on the context or intent in which the word is used. The term can be derogatory when said mockingly or with malice, or it can be used innocently by someone who means no offense or is just curious.

Some people with albinism grew up in families or communities that used the word albino often and learned at an early age that there was no shame or negativity in referring to themselves as such. Others may have found that they were only called albino when they were being teased. Some describe their negative association with the word as being as offensive as a racial slur.

Some children and adults with albinism may use the term albino proudly and may feel empowered by “taking back” a once offensive word. By showing the world that they are comfortable calling themselves a word they once found hurtful or derogatory, the word “albino” loses all the power and shock value that it once claimed. By taking personal ownership of one’s condition, many people with albinism find that words like albino can no longer hurt them. Of course this is a very personal decision, and not all people with albinism feel comfortable using or hearing the term.

Put the Person First

Although there are many people with albinism who are at peace with the term albino, when dealing with any condition, it is best to put the person first. For instance, say, “a person with albinism” rather than “an albino” or “an albino person.” The rationale for this person-centered language is to do just that: put the person ahead of the condition. When a person is referred to as an albino, he or she is essentially being reduced to and defined by nothing more than their condition. It’s as though the world looks at that person and sees only the condition of albinism. In this way, it can feel like a dehumanizing label.

To most in the albinism community, the term “person with albinism” will always be a kinder, gentler, less shocking term. Regardless of the context, the word albino can sometimes be an ugly, jolting word to many, especially when heard unexpectedly. If you’re ever unsure, just ask. Every person with albinism will have personal experiences and opinions about the label. As one NOAH member said, “I may be an albino, but above all else, I am a person. I just happen to have the condition of albinism.”

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Information Bulletin – What Do You Call Me?

For many people the term “albino” brings to mind images of a person or animal with a pale complexion and pink eyes. The term “albinism,” by contrast, is less commonplace or recognizable to people who may not know a person with the condition. We all know that words can be powerful, so how do you say that someone is an albino without being disrespectful?

Words Can Hurt or Heal

In the albinism community, opinions vary on the use of the word albino. While some find it extraordinarily offensive, others feel the label carries neutral or even empowering connotations. Many people with albinism agree that their feelings depend on the context or intent in which the word is used. The term can be derogatory when said mockingly or with malice, or it can be used innocently by someone who means no offense or is just curious.

Some people with albinism grew up in families or communities that used the word albino often and learned at an early age that there was no shame or negativity in referring to themselves as such. Others may have found that they were only called albino when they were being teased. Some describe their negative association with the word as being as offensive as a racial slur.

Some children and adults with albinism may use the term albino proudly and may feel empowered by “taking back” a once offensive word. By showing the world that they are comfortable calling themselves a word they once found hurtful or derogatory, the word “albino” loses all the power and shock value that it once claimed. By taking personal ownership of one’s condition, many people with albinism find that words like albino can no longer hurt them. Of course this is a very personal decision, and not all people with albinism feel comfortable using or hearing the term.

Put the Person First

Although there are many people with albinism who are at peace with the term albino, when dealing with any condition, it is best to put the person first. For instance, say, “a person with albinism” rather than “an albino” or “an albino person.” The rationale for this person-centered language is to do just that: put the person ahead of the condition. When a person is referred to as an albino, he or she is essentially being reduced to and defined by nothing more than their condition. It’s as though the world looks at that person and sees only the condition of albinism. In this way, it can feel like a dehumanizing label.

To most in the albinism community, the term “person with albinism” will always be a kinder, gentler, less shocking term. Regardless of the context, the word albino can sometimes be an ugly, jolting word to many, especially when heard unexpectedly. If you’re ever unsure, just ask. Every person with albinism will have personal experiences and opinions about the label. As one NOAH member said, “I may be an albino, but above all else, I am a person. I just happen to have the condition of albinism.”

Thank you for that informative piece. Faux pas with language on this forum happen all the time.I am sure that no offence was implied at all.Leicester is a beacon of a multicultural, multi faith liberal city. That is one thing as a native of this city I am proud of. The vast majority of the time that is represented on this forum. We sometimes fall out over football though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/04/2021 at 17:55, Hoopla10 said:

Agree with this. One thing also though is I think Jimenez being out has affected Traore's effectiveness if that makes sense. Wolves plan A for so long was getting Traore to the by line and for him to stand it up to Jimenez.

• Like 1