Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Would be happy with Tammy. Not sure on the suggestions on him demanding 180k or Champions league. Can’t see many of the other usual suspects interested, maybe Tottenham if Kane goes? Or Arsenal but surely we're a more attractive proposition that them atm. 

If he is demanding a move, and with 2 years left it’s not beyond the realms of possibility, and would be very happy with him think he offers everything and wanted us to sign him before he went to Villa on loan. 

The question would be would you rather: 

Édouard ~ 15m

Abraham ~ 30m 

Honestly not sure, but Abraham would be another young English player and would offer us something a bit different in a physical presence as well. But if finances are tighter would potentially limit our spend on a RW. Then again maybe the 3-5-2 is here to stay and 2 of Barnes/ Vardy/ Iheanacho and Abraham up top with Maddison behind is an exciting prospect. Who knows, in Brendan we trust.

35 minutes ago, Guest said:

Not really. There isn't much room in football these days for strikers who don't contribute much besides goals. There's probably a select group of teams who can afford to accommodate someone like that but I don't think we're amongst them.

Being six foot plenty means he will help no end in defence of set pieces.  Yes he doesn't have the all round game of Edouard but if he scores twenty goals a season who cares? As I said before Chelsea will screw us ( and any other English club) who go in for him.

Edited by An Sionnach

I would take Tammy, but to me I can see him going to Dortmund when Haaland leaves, ticks all the boxes for their type of signing. Would also be a good move for him with champions league football and maybe link up with sancho if he stays. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has been diabolical every time he's played against us. I'm honestly not sure if he's any good or not but could easily see him going elsewhere and doing well so if we are in for him then it'll be interesting.

He was fvcking shit in that 2-2 draw at the KP last year.

Mid table striker at best.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He was fvcking shit in that 2-2 draw at the KP last year.

Mid table striker at best.

Missed a host of sitters in the game at Stamford Bridge too. He was at Swansea too when we beat them in 17/18 and nutmegged himself.

Don’t get everyone saying vardys been struggling he’s change a bit but nacho is now in the middle with him out wide. Can’t think of many sitters he’s missed really it’s getting the ball to him what’s been the problem. 

If you look at Abrahams spell away from Chelsea, he looks a prospect.

Bristol - 23 goals in 43 games.

Villa - 25 goals in 37 games.

Then you look at Swansea and he was awful. 5 goals in 31 games. 

21 in 56 for a Chelsea. 

Edited by Sly

I'd rather somebody like St Maximim playing alongside Nacho than Tammy tbh. I also suspect he wont leave London unless it's a "big" club move. We need somebody with pace and can finish but also link up with others. Watching the FA cup semi today it's clear that Chelsea will continue to build and aren't far away from being nailed on top four and maybe even title contenders. Liverpool will bounce back next season. ManU will continue to build. We're in a spot where these big (financially) teams are transitioning and will see a lot of that paying off next season. If WH keep Lingard and also build, keeping Antonio, Soucek etc will be competitive (not top four imo). It's clear we can't stand still if we even feel top 6 is where we want to cement this club's future. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Would be happy with Tammy. Not sure on the suggestions on him demanding 180k or Champions league. Can’t see many of the other usual suspects interested, maybe Tottenham if Kane goes? Or Arsenal but surely we're a more attractive proposition that them atm. 

If he is demanding a move, and with 2 years left it’s not beyond the realms of possibility, and would be very happy with him think he offers everything and wanted us to sign him before he went to Villa on loan. 

The question would be would you rather: 

Édouard ~ 15m

Abraham ~ 30m 

Honestly not sure, but Abraham would be another young English player and would offer us something a bit different in a physical presence as well. But if finances are tighter would potentially limit our spend on a RW. Then again maybe the 3-5-2 is here to stay and 2 of Barnes/ Vardy/ Iheanacho and Abraham up top with Maddison behind is an exciting prospect. Who knows, in Brendan we trust.

Would have to be Edouard for me, much better value for money. Abraham is in that quite awkward position of having come through an 'elite' club's ranks, impressing out on loan but then being given a big contract with just one season to impress. Now he's in need of a new club, but on daft wages that a club like us, where he would actually progress, isn't going to pay.

Edouard is the much safe choice, would command a fraction of the wages and a much smaller transfer fee.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Abraham would be a fantastic signing even though Chelsea's deadwood never works for other clubs.

De Bruyne: you're a carp 

Salah: you're ship aaaaagh 

Lukaku: you're codswallop (best I could think of at short notice following a theme)

Abraham could be a cod 

( I already have.my coat on)

Muzzy Izzet...

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Edouard top choice for Brendan and top choice for me. We’d get nothing extra from spending £20/£30m more on Abraham 

....no one longer mentioning Patson Daka, really strange when he is post the figures he is doing this season!!!

Bundesliga 20/21
Statistics

AppearancesAppearances20Yellow cardYellow Cards2GoalsGoals23AssistsAssists5Second yellow cardSecond Yellows-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Abraham is so average. Offers nothing on the ball and little off the ball. He happens to be somewhat quick and a good finisher with his feet. Not worth it for the extortionate amount he'd cost us. 

I don’t see him as an upgrade on Iheanacho. 

I think Giroud is criminally underrated and for the attainable strikers at Chelsea, he’d be the one to go for.

Daka, Isak or Eduardo are the ones.  

14 hours ago, floz said:

It's a no from me on the basis he would get called Abrahams in the same annoying way Chris Wood was known as Woods to so many people NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU CORRECTED THEM. 😡

You’re right, I’d much rather we signed Edouards anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2