Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Would I take Abraham at Leicester? 

In terms of ability - yeah all day long, can play lone 9, in a two, fast, good feet tall, scores headers, threat in the box and outside it....

I would kinda want to be sure he was a signing that would fit in with the dressing room, and living/transitioning in/to Leicester/shire ish rather than London etc...

I'd need him to WANT to play for Leicester and not see it as a demotion from Chelsea... Don't know enough about the lads personality and attitude and lifestyle to make an informed choice on if he'd fit in.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

In terms of ability - yeah all day long, can play lone 9, in a two, fast, good feet tall, scores headers, threat in the box and outside it....

I would kinda want to be sure he was a signing that would fit in with the dressing room, and living/transitioning in/to Leicester/shire ish rather than London etc...

I'd need him to WANT to play for Leicester and not see it as a demotion from Chelsea... Don't know enough about the lads personality and attitude and lifestyle to make an informed choice on if he'd fit in.

Pretty much exactly my position, too.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

I still think that Chelsea won't sell to a direct rival without asking an extortionate fee. Arsenal would be in there otherwise. Its too much of a risk. Abraham is a good striker with the potential to become very good. If he went to another premiership club and his goals worked against Chelsea , there would be big trouble.They would be far happier to sell him across the channel. They would probably ask for a buy back clause then. If say Atletico asked to take him on loan with an option to buy they would probably go with that as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

For the right money, definitely sign him.

The right money would be valued between 12 and 15 million.

Wage demand around 180k Pw

Chelsea would want around 35m 40m for him.

Edouard looks better, cheaper Value, cheaper wages.

Could get both saint maximum and Edouard for the price of Abraham 

Just now, Fox85 said:

The right money would be valued between 12 and 15 million.

Wage demand around 180k Pw

Chelsea would want around 35m 40m for him.

Edouard looks better, cheaper Value, cheaper wages.

Could get both saint maximum and Edouard for the price of Abraham 

Don’t think he’ll be on that sort of money, proven in this league.

Edouard could be a massive flop, so wasted £20 million, and back to square one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yusuf Demir from Rapid Wien. Turns 18 at the start of June and being linked with all the elite clubs, left footed attacking midfielder who can play on either wing. Big ears

Sold. Gerrimin. 

:lineker:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Bloomfield bought/brought a whole load of players in from the Smoke. Superior players to a man, but they  they created a clique, rather than integrated (Wortho was a one-man clique). Had Bloomfield had a touch of the Wallace about him then they might have been a greater team.

We have a problem, insofar as Iheanacho is only effective as a pure striker. Vardy may regain his touch but atm he's really an assist player. We need someone to either replace Iheanacho or supply him and Vardy...or replace them both. Maddison and Perez are problematic figures. Would Abrahams solve anything or would he just add to the confusion?

• Like 1

The fact everyone will call him ABRAHAMS is enough to put me off signing him. WOODS was annoying enough. I can just about tolerate INNY ACHO because at least our supporters can pronounce his name right, just need Savage and Jenas to cotton on. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Regardless whether you look at him in the SPL or not his European stats are very good.

If anyone would flop out of the 2 I'd put money on it it would be Abraham

If had to put Abrahams of last season so the playing time was fair.

Edouard is this season 

and before you say yea but Abraham is playing in the premier league 

Look at Tierney came from SPL easily in the top 5 LB in the league 

VVD came from SPL 1 of the best CB in the world 

for strikers to adapt is not so hard 

Screenshot_20210418-095222_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fox85

Iversen expected to be going back out on loan next season

https://the72.co.uk/231619/leicester-city-man-currently-on-loan-at-preston-has-a-host-of-admirers-set-to-go-out-on-loan-next-season/

Leicester City are set to loan out goalkeeper Daniel Iversen next season, who joined Preston North End on loan in January.

Iversen, 23, started the season out on loan at Belgian outfit Leuven. He’d make just five league appearances for the club though and Leicester City would recall him, and send him to Preston.

Since, the Dane has featured 19 times in the Championship for the Lilywhites but now, Alan Nixon writes in The Sun on Sunday (18.04.21, pg. 67) that Iversen will go out on loan again next season, and that he has a ‘host of admirers’.

He’s proved a consistent performer in an otherwise struggling Preston side. Iversen has kept six clean sheets in his 19 Championship appearances, with Leicester wanting him to go out on loan and keep the likes of Danny Ward and Eldin Jakupovic as back-up to Kasper Schmeichel.

There’s no suggestion as to who Iversen’s admirers might be, but a Championship loan seems the likeliest outcome given his showing for Preston in the second half of this season.

39 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

It takes time to integrate fully into a team. Vardy and Iheanacho are examples of that. If we have four fit strikers , we can rotate and sub them to keep changing the threat. We have started Vardy far too much this season ,when 30 minutes off the bench would have kept him fresh.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

Wolves rumoured to be wanting to offload Adama Traore to facilitate new signings. £30m "could be enough". 

Is he at the level City would require for a right winger, or is he just a Hufflepuff?

Not even close, this place would be a mess if we signed Tralee, some of the players we call inconsistent- he is the very definition of the word. Wolves is the highest level he will ever play for.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Would rather go for Saint-Maxim if we're looking at players with pace.

Saint-Maxim is only remotely any good wide left, what's the point in us signing a back up to Barnes when it's evident we are crying out for a right winger.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Would rather go for Saint-Maxim if we're looking at players with pace.

...looks a very busy player..amazing leg speed!!!

Little end product from him, wants to take every player on, he just can't link with his team, it doesn't matter how many tricks he does with the ball, it tends to lead to nothing. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yusuf Demir from Rapid Wien. Turns 18 at the start of June and being linked with all the elite clubs, left footed attacking midfielder who can play on either wing. Big ears

He is the hottest young prospect here in Austria. The talk here he is definitely on the move to a new Club this summer due to length of his contract with Rapid.  Barce have been mentioned in the press and for sure Bayern will be sniffing (as they always are in Austria). 

What I have seen of him on TV, he is far too good to buy and stick with Beaglehole's Dross Squad.  Buy him and keep him at Rapid for another season might be worth a punt.  Reminds me of Foden a bit.   New mate for Cags.

Would be excellent business.

• Like 3