Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Just read a report Sergio Aguero wants to stay in the Premier League and is willing to forgo Champions League and was mentioned alongside Spurs & Chelsea, But as were in the running for a CL Place a top notch training facility they’ll be no transfer fee so we could offer a decent salary would he take a chance here play alongside his sons hero ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/news-sergio-agueros-son-loves-jamie-vardy-and-wants-to-be-like-him-20210216.amp.html

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

He's the right age, and a quick Google for video of him suggests he's left footed and likes a sliding tackle. A big lad too.  Which ticks a few boxes. 

The quoted price seems a bit steep, I'm sure if we're interested we would be negotiating that price down a bit. 

Looking at his very recent transfer fee (800K back in January of this year), 25M would be a 'Maguire'.  

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Looked bobbins tonight. Got dragged before half time. 

Didn’t look fit . Liverpool think they can charge absurdly high fees simply because the player has Liverpool on their cv - that should impress the Bournemouths and Sheff U s but our scouting team would be less easily impressed 

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Just read a report Sergio Aguero wants to stay in the Premier League and is willing to forgo Champions League and was mentioned alongside Spurs & Chelsea, But as were in the running for a CL Place a top notch training facility they’ll be no transfer fee so we could offer a decent salary would he take a chance here play alongside his sons hero ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/news-sergio-agueros-son-loves-jamie-vardy-and-wants-to-be-like-him-20210216.amp.html

Sincerely doubt it! 😆 

Crazy things do happen. But even if the need/desire to remain in the Prem is real or even true, why would he pick us? (No playing with his sons hero is not a reason!)

You'd think he’d go to Arsenal to be managed by his old mate or Chelsea on one/two year deal on 200 bags a week. If he does want to stay here it’s either the record Prem league stats he’s after or he wants to stay because his family are settled? I suppose if were to get him on a free and offer him a two year deal knowing it would cost us circa £20 million there’s some value there but that’d be a fairly unLeicester like signing. 

4 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Suárez and Ings?

Ings was a decent player before he joined them and again after he left because he was never fit when he was at Anfield . ( so technically you are correct but for a rather oblique reason):P

If we need a midfielder , which is debatable, I would try for Loftus-Cheek ,who seems unwanted by Chelsea. I suppose he would fetch 30 million and want 120 grand a week but would give us size and power where we lack it.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Cannot see it for the life of me tbh. 

We’ve already got an ageing striker, plus Aguero misses a lot through injury. Just wouldn’t be worth it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we need a midfielder , which is debatable, I would try for Loftus-Cheek ,who seems unwanted by Chelsea. I suppose he would fetch 30 million and want 120 grand a week but would give us size and power where we lack it.

Personally don’t think we need midfielders, unless we lose one of our starters. Winger and a striker is our priority. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

May be able to help with this one (have a soft spot for Leicester - when you won the league we broke our 114 year hoodoo to win the Scottish cup and although I've not posted since then, do feel a soft spot for yourselves).

Josh is a star in the making, he's eighteen but is a standout player at our level (which is a lot better than given credit for). The epitome of the modern left back, he's got similarities to Kieran Tierney in that he looks to do something positive with the ball every time he gets it. Plenty of pace, closes down excellently, a good cross on him, a decent shot on him, tenacious, never gives anyone down his side an easy time. Got caught out against good wingers at the start of the season but Jack Ross took him out for a couple of games at a time, coached it out of him and now he rarely gets caught out at all.

We got him after our city rivals Hearts (who call themselves the big club) released him, unbelievably. They just recently got pumped out of the Scottish cup by a non league team from a village with a population of just over 1,000. They put out a team of whom the majority of were first team players. Scenes. Brora 2-1 Hearts.

£1.5m would be the bargain of the century. He's a fantastic talent.

I would prefer we didn't sign him. Not because I don't think he can go on to play at this level, I think that even though he is very rough still, he certainly could be good enough but as a Scot, I wan't to see him do the right thing for his career and progression and I don't think a move to any if the teams mentioned is right just yet. 

Coming here is setting himself up for 3/4 years if U23s and loans. I would rather see him go to a team like Rotherham or Luton and play every week. Then sign him in a couple of years as a much better player. 

28 minutes ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

May be able to help with this one (have a soft spot for Leicester - when you won the league we broke our 114 year hoodoo to win the Scottish cup and although I've not posted since then, do feel a soft spot for yourselves).

Josh is a star in the making, he's eighteen but is a standout player at our level (which is a lot better than given credit for). The epitome of the modern left back, he's got similarities to Kieran Tierney in that he looks to do something positive with the ball every time he gets it. Plenty of pace, closes down excellently, a good cross on him, a decent shot on him, tenacious, never gives anyone down his side an easy time. Got caught out against good wingers at the start of the season but Jack Ross took him out for a couple of games at a time, coached it out of him and now he rarely gets caught out at all.

We got him after our city rivals Hearts (who call themselves the big club) released him, unbelievably. They just recently got pumped out of the Scottish cup by a non league team from a village with a population of just over 1,000. They put out a team of whom the majority of were first team players. Scenes. Brora 2-1 Hearts.

£1.5m would be the bargain of the century. He's a fantastic talent.

Seems exactly the sort of player we'd go for, I imagine if we do though that could mean we aren't that sold on Luke Thomas but room for them both with Justin's ACL and still not 100% sure on the long term future of Ricardo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seems exactly the sort of player we'd go for, I imagine if we do though that could mean we aren't that sold on Luke Thomas but room for them both with Justin's ACL and still not 100% sure on the long term future of Ricardo.

Nah, I don't think the lad is anywhere near our first team level. 

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Nah, I don't think the lad is anywhere near our first team level. 

I'd say that a loan back to us for the following season and he wouldn't be far off. He stands out in a manner not far from how Maddison did in his time at Aberdeen IMO, he often plays little cutbacks and passes that are just so sharp and other players wouldn't see.  

Another season to improve at the same rate that he has done so far and he's not far off IMO.

Edited by SunshineOnLeith
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

I'd say that a loan back to us for the following season and he wouldn't be far off. He stands out like Maddison did in his time at Aberdeen IMO, he often plays little cutbacks and passes that are just so sharp. 

Another season to improve at the same rate that he has done so far and he's not far off IMO.

You've obviously saw far more of him than I have but I feel he's maybe a loan back to you then a loan to the Championship away from challenging for a place. 

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You've obviously saw far more of him than I have but I feel he's maybe a loan back to you then a loan to the Championship away from challenging for a place. 

I don't think you're wrong there but if you were to see him in the first third of the season I'd say he was well off a big move down south. If you seen him in recent weeks/months then he's had a massive improvement and there's a still long way he can go with his progression too.

I don't even know if he'd need a loan to the Championship afterwards to be honest, every time he's thrown in at the deep end he seems to swim. It's a very impressive trait.

• Like 1

I’d be happy with this, my mate who’s a hibs fan raves about him.

We need to replace Fuchs in the summer and would rather sign this lad than a Bertrand or similar.

This would leave Ricardo, Castagne, Justin and Doig as our 1st choice fullbacks. Ricardo can cover RW and JJ can cover CB (if playing a 3). Thomas, Flynn and Daley-Campbell could be loaned out for experience.

Amartey to then purely play CB if required 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

I don't think you're wrong there but if you were to see him in the first third of the season I'd say he was well off a big move down south. If you seen him in recent weeks/months then he's had a massive improvement and there's a still long way he can go with his progression too.

I don't even know if he'd need a loan to the Championship afterwards to be honest, every time he's thrown in at the deep end he seems to swim. It's a very impressive trait.

Admittedly, it was earlier in the season I saw him. He's certainly a good player. No doubt about how much progression he has in him I just feel he is a good few years away from being a regular first team starter for us and like I said initially, for the national teams benefit, I want to see him be as good as he can be so want to see him start every game for the next 2/3 years. 

I said the same about Neilsen at Dundee utd when we were linked to him last window. No-one wants another Gauld. 

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

don’t do this to yourself!

56 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The best compilation I can find on him.

Is he an attacking player turned defender? Looks great on the counter but pretty average defensively from that video. Watching that compilation his style of play reminded me a lot of Chilwell.