Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

4 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Just read a report Sergio Aguero wants to stay in the Premier League and is willing to forgo Champions League and was mentioned alongside Spurs & Chelsea, But as were in the running for a CL Place a top notch training facility they’ll be no transfer fee so we could offer a decent salary would he take a chance here play alongside his sons hero ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/news-sergio-agueros-son-loves-jamie-vardy-and-wants-to-be-like-him-20210216.amp.html

he is going to be looking for Alexis Sanchez type wages . Even Man U couldn't sustain the drain on resources of a massively high salaried player  that they couldn't utilise effectively so no ta.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're being linked with a hell of a lot of players. Indicates the scouts are being active and there must at least be some money to spend despite what the doom mongers are predicting.

I hope your right 

26 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Is he an attacking player turned defender? Looks great on the counter but pretty average defensively from that video. Watching that compilation his style of play reminded me a lot of Chilwell. 

nice music though :nigel:

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I hope your right 

I don't think they'll be loads but I definitely do think they'll be some. Lots of frees and players with 1 year remaining which will offer some value which I think we'll jump at. Champions league will boost spend by roughly 30m too I reckon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You've obviously saw far more of him than I have but I feel he's maybe a loan back to you then a loan to the Championship away from challenging for a place. 

One of the nice things about being a foxes fan at the mo is that I don’t worry or concern myself about wandering if a player is good enough for us or not.. I just sit back and let the club decide.. and if they bring him in then that’s good enough for me.. 

.. of course still worthy of a debate but if the club like the look of him and attainable then he’s good enough to join 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're being linked with a hell of a lot of players. Indicates the scouts are being active media are fishing for clicks and there must at least be some they rely on clubs having money to spend despite what the doom mongers are predicting. as it’s the cornerstone of their closed season football coverage.

If you don’t mind a minor correction

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

One of the nice things about being a foxes fan at the mo is that I don’t worry or concern myself about wandering if a player is good enough for us or not.. I just sit back and let the club decide.. and if they bring him in then that’s good enough for me.. 

.. of course still worthy of a debate but if the club like the look of him and attainable then he’s good enough to join 

It's not that I'm overly worried if he is good enough. Being a Scot, I'm worried about the lads progression. 

I don't think that coming here is particularly good for the player right now in his career and would rather he went somewhere where he will play every week. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Is he an attacking player turned defender? Looks great on the counter but pretty average defensively from that video. Watching that compilation his style of play reminded me a lot of Chilwell. 

To be honest I'm not quiet sure. From what I've saw of him, he's been better defensively but the games I usually see are ones where he will be required to defend alot more, I.e Rangers, Celtic. 

I’m surprised we haven’t heard much else on Soumaré, it’s literally just Fabrizio reporting on it, thankfully it is actually him reporting it though and no one else, but i thought we would’ve had some more updates from other sources.

16 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Szalai looks a cracking prospect but my reservation with that is that we already have two big, young stud CBs and although we all love Fofana and Cags, you can't deny that they BOTH play better with Evans alongside them. 

Problem is, we don't have another steady Eddie type CB like Evans. That's why I would be more inclined to go for Tarkowski who maybe isn't as exciting or talented as this young lad but has a bit more experience and a bit more of an older head to calm the two young bucks down when Evans is injured, which is happening more and more the older he gets. 

Cracking post this.

The cool head that Evans provides is nothing short of invaluable. Experience at the top level is paramount. For all Morgan had been around the block, he'd never played at the top level before and it's no coincidence that Robert Huth's arrival saw an improvement in Morgan's performances. Evans provides this to both Soyuncu and Fofana, and I think Tarkowski also would. Would he want to play second fiddle to Evans though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

May be able to help with this one (have a soft spot for Leicester - when you won the league we broke our 114 year hoodoo to win the Scottish cup and although I've not posted since then, do feel a soft spot for yourselves).

Josh is a star in the making, he's eighteen but is a standout player at our level (which is a lot better than given credit for). The epitome of the modern left back, he's got similarities to Kieran Tierney in that he looks to do something positive with the ball every time he gets it. Plenty of pace, closes down excellently, a good cross on him, a decent shot on him, tenacious, never gives anyone down his side an easy time. Got caught out against good wingers at the start of the season but Jack Ross took him out for a couple of games at a time, coached it out of him and now he rarely gets caught out at all.

We got him after our city rivals Hearts (who call themselves the big club) released him, unbelievably. They just recently got pumped out of the Scottish cup by a non league team from a village with a population of just over 1,000. They put out a team of whom the majority of were first team players. Scenes. Brora 2-1 Hearts.

£1.5m would be the bargain of the century. He's a fantastic talent.

Please don't mention the Brora debacle, absolutely embarassing from the Jambos. I follow the Hearts, got family up there. Ann Budge getting dog's abuse at the minute. The Scottish Cafu lucky he didn't get the sack after that result.

4 hours ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

May be able to help with this one (have a soft spot for Leicester - when you won the league we broke our 114 year hoodoo to win the Scottish cup and although I've not posted since then, do feel a soft spot for yourselves).

Josh is a star in the making, he's eighteen but is a standout player at our level (which is a lot better than given credit for). The epitome of the modern left back, he's got similarities to Kieran Tierney in that he looks to do something positive with the ball every time he gets it. Plenty of pace, closes down excellently, a good cross on him, a decent shot on him, tenacious, never gives anyone down his side an easy time. Got caught out against good wingers at the start of the season but Jack Ross took him out for a couple of games at a time, coached it out of him and now he rarely gets caught out at all.

We got him after our city rivals Hearts (who call themselves the big club) released him, unbelievably. They just recently got pumped out of the Scottish cup by a non league team from a village with a population of just over 1,000. They put out a team of whom the majority of were first team players. Scenes. Brora 2-1 Hearts.

£1.5m would be the bargain of the century. He's a fantastic talent.

Thanks for the scouting report!

I was delighted with that Brora v. Hearts result as I attended a match at Brora in 1989, while hitch-hiking back from John O'Groats. Brora lost 2-3 to Buckie Thistle in a Scottish Cup qualifier - great game including a fantastic Brora goal.

In the club "shop" afterwards, when he heard how far I'd come the bloke gave me a free Brora Rangers pennant and a large glass of malt. I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

I see they've now gone out of the cup to Stranraer. I'd have been torn over who to support in that match as Stranraer were the Scottish team I "supported" in childhood after taking the Stranraer-Larne ferry for a family holiday as a kid.

There was an ad in Shoot magazine offering badges of all the English & Scottish clubs for sale. I sent off for the Stranraer badge but got a reply saying they didn't stock that one......just one of life's little disillusionments! :D

Had our honeymoon in Edinburgh and stayed in Leith, too.....but we'll draw a veil over that one as I'm divorced now!

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you don’t mind a minor correction

Unfortunately there's often no smoke without fire. The press largely feed off stuff agents put out there rather than the press making stuff up. Not always true, I used to work somewhere where one guy used to literally make stuff up but by and large the more known outputs have at least some info behind them.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

How many players have left liverpool and progressed/improved ??

Suarez, Sterling, Benayoun, Beardsley, Fowler, Anelka, Keegan, Alonso, Leiva, Coutinho, Clyne ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're being linked with a hell of a lot of players. Indicates the scouts are being active and there must at least be some money to spend despite what the doom mongers are predicting.

We could be or Foxestalk wish list 

1 hour ago, Incognito said:

Cracking post this.

The cool head that Evans provides is nothing short of invaluable. Experience at the top level is paramount. For all Morgan had been around the block, he'd never played at the top level before and it's no coincidence that Robert Huth's arrival saw an improvement in Morgan's performances. Evans provides this to both Soyuncu and Fofana, and I think Tarkowski also would. Would he want to play second fiddle to Evans though?

In 12-18 months it's likely that Tarks would be ahead of Evans in the pecking order, I think he's 34 in January, so in 20 months he'll be 35, he'll end up being used like Morgan, kept around for experience and then gets the odd game when we're desperate or in the earlier cup rounds etc.

I think we've got to look at the fact it's likely one of Cags or Fofane won't be here in 18 months too, so we can start to bed someone in early, rather than buying someone and chucking them straight into the first team hoping for the best.

12 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

Bit of a long shot perhaps but would you guys take Aguero if you could get him?

Yes if money was no object, but he'll want 150k a week, probably closer to 200k, and we're already got an aging striker with experience, we need an understudy. Someone like Edouard makes more sense, as we'll be able to sell him on for a profit or at the very worst break even when we come to sell him in a few years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Probably same as last year really... hangs on what competition we're in next year I guess??

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

we’ve secured a loan against the next 46 years of TV money....

5 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The best compilation I can find on him.

This is solely off watching that clip, but I personally don't see him doing anything that Luke Thomas can't do, so why step on his toes ? Unless we're planning to lose someone in a year maybe?

• Like 1